• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Football Money Talks ...

IdaGriz01

Some interesting data to chew on: Montana and Montana State are #2 and #3 in reported sports-related revenue in all of FCS. https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-earning-fcs-programs-are/

The guy does include a disclaimer:
Zach Barnett said:
There’s no standard reporting practice mandated by the Department of Education, so if one school counts donations that go toward football tickets as football-specific revenue and another puts that in the general athletic fund, there’s no way to account for that. All we know is the numbers the DoE spits out.

So, no, I can’t explain how North Dakota State comes in at No. 15 here.
For comparison, BTW, Florida -- #14 -- on the FBS list brought in nearly ten times as much as UM or MSU. https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-grossing-football-programs-in-college-football-are/

Trying to consider a bit of actual football, I got to thinking about these numbers.

Who among FCS schools got their money’s worth is obviously an easy call: NDSU, with all those wins and a Nattie. Not bad for a measly $6 million.

So what fans overpaid the most? Has to be Bucknell, where the program folks managed to pull in $6.2 million … while posting just one win. Hmmm … seems out of line, considering that Bucknell mostly loses every year in football, and ain't so hot in basketball either. Might be one of those "accounting methods" anomalies. Either that, or Bucknell fans just aren't too bright.

IdaGriz01 said:
Trying to consider a bit of actual football, I got to thinking about these numbers.

Who among FCS schools got their money’s worth is obviously an easy call: NDSU, with all those wins and a Nattie. Not bad for a measly $6 million.

So what fans overpaid the most? Has to be Bucknell, where the program folks managed to pull in $6.2 million … while posting just one win. Hmmm … seems out of line, considering that Bucknell mostly loses every year in football, and ain't so hot in basketball either. Might be one of those "accounting methods" anomalies. Either that, or Bucknell fans just aren't too bright.

just rich

fanofzoo said:
IdaGriz01 said:

just rich
Yes, well ... that thought had occurred to me. 😃 😃 😃

Back