• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Herder Ranks Griz 3 in Chances of Winning Next National Title

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
First of all Jabril did not have a down year. He switched from Sam to Will and played a ton more in coverage. His coverage skills are not just good.....they are elite.

The defensive scheme the Griz run is a 3-3-5 with Dante playing inside linebacker. That scheme in and of itself is built to compile huge stat numbers for Dante's position.
I said it was a down year for him. Pretty sure you basically admitted his stats were down from the prior year. And now he’s leaving. So not sure what that para even means.

As for your other para, I didn’t say shit about DO. You claimed Cox is a 1st rd LB draftee, and implied that it was unreasonable to be skeptical of such. I called you on it because it sounds a bit rich to me. Not sure how some other player that I did not mention helps you, but ok.

Don’t you get it? The worse Dante is, the better Cox is. The mind of a zero summer.

I’ll just add that if Cox is drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft, I’ll never post on Bisonville.com again. I’ll also never post on there if he is.

All I know is that Dante is not nearly fast enough to be a starter in the NFL. 4.88 for a linebacker is really REALLY slow.

Shit there were offensive lineman who had better 40 yard times at the combine.

You believe Cox is sub 4.4? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Montana’s style of defense isn’t why Dante had that number of tackles. It’s just what he does. His senior year of high school, he had 135 tackles.

2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
OK. Cool.

^^^That’s how to do it when you’re not insecure about other people’s opinions of former players.

Not insecure about anything....your jealousy of Carson Wentz is actually quite funny to me haha
Wentz played exactly one game against Montana. What was the outcome of that game? You would be hard pressed to find the Carson Wentz jealousy you throw out.

Generally speaking, yes it exists. Many Griz fans were insanely jealous of the fact he was drafted #2 and over the publicity NDSU got in that run up.

FYI, Wentz played two games against Montana dipshit. His team won the game in 2014 and lost the game in 2015. Always forget you guys don't realize football games are played outside of Missoula.
You are right; I am a dipshit for not remembering that classic game and such a dominating performance by Wentz. One TD apiece with Wentz providing 167 yards passing and 22 rushing. Actually, pretty forgettable; I've now finished beating myself up.

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
I said it was a down year for him. Pretty sure you basically admitted his stats were down from the prior year. And now he’s leaving. So not sure what that para even means.

As for your other para, I didn’t say shit about DO. You claimed Cox is a 1st rd LB draftee, and implied that it was unreasonable to be skeptical of such. I called you on it because it sounds a bit rich to me. Not sure how some other player that I did not mention helps you, but ok.

Don’t you get it? The worse Dante is, the better Cox is. The mind of a zero summer.

I’ll just add that if Cox is drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft, I’ll never post on Bisonville.com again. I’ll also never post on there if he is.

All I know is that Dante is not nearly fast enough to be a starter in the NFL. 4.88 for a linebacker is really REALLY slow.

Shit there were offensive lineman who had better 40 yard times at the combine.

You believe Cox is sub 4.4? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was the fastest player on the team last year when they clocked 40 times. Believe he was timed at 4.39 according to my cousin who is a grad assistant. Matt Entz and Chris Klieman both said numerous times he was the fastest player on the team.

Not sure why that is so unbelievable. Isiah Simmons ran the same time at the combine.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Not insecure about anything....your jealousy of Carson Wentz is actually quite funny to me haha
Wentz played exactly one game against Montana. What was the outcome of that game? You would be hard pressed to find the Carson Wentz jealousy you throw out.

Generally speaking, yes it exists. Many Griz fans were insanely jealous of the fact he was drafted #2 and over the publicity NDSU got in that run up.

FYI, Wentz played two games against Montana dipshit. His team won the game in 2014 and lost the game in 2015. Always forget you guys don't realize football games are played outside of Missoula.
You are right; I am a dipshit for not remembering that classic game and such a dominating performance by Wentz. One TD apiece with Wentz providing 167 yards passing and 22 rushing. Actually, pretty forgettable; I've now finished beating myself up.

Sorry I shouldn't have called you that. That was not called for.

Guessing you are also the same type of Griz fan who always goes "we kicked the Bison's ass in 2015" while failing to mention how the season ended for their beloved Griz that year.....

DuCharme said:
Montana’s style of defense isn’t why Dante had that number of tackles. It’s just what he does. His senior year of high school, he had 135 tackles.

Correct. In and of itself it does not. You still have to be a good player....which Dante Olson is.

What I was trying to say was that if he played Will on a Tampa 2 defense, like Jabril Cox, he would most certainly not have the number of tackles he had because he would be pressed into coverage quite frequently.

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:
Sooooo, Cox's skills and stats matter and show how "great" he is, but Dante's do not. Got it.

#fatpeoplelogic

Cox's skill level is showcased primarily due to his elite pass coverage ability. The way he is able to be utilized is extremely unique. If he had played as an inside linebacker in a 3-3-5 defense like Dante and not charged with pass coverage, yes he would have put up 160 tackle type stats.

His athleticism is off the charts. Again, sub 4.4 speed compared to 4.88 for Dante....which was the third worst in the combine this year for a linebacker.

Sooooo, his skills and stats matter and Dante's do not. Got it.

#stupidfatpeoplelogic.

Dante Olson is not fast enough to be a consistent starting linebacker in the NFL. Sorry but it is just true. 4.88 is not a good time for a linebacker. More and more, linebackers are being charged with coverage ability in the NFL....Dante was adequate, but not a starting linebacker level in the NFL. Jabril Cox has elite speed. Very likely he will be the fastest linebacker at the combine next year.

Again...let me explain it.

Jabril Cox played Will on a Tampa 2 defense. He was in coverage ALOT. Dante Olson was an inside linebacker in a 3-3-5 defense. The two played entirely different positions...one is by nature of the position going to rack up more tackles.

While Olson's 40 time was slow, and he's not a burner, but I've always thought he had okay speed. I assume he'll run again at pro day and hopefully do better. He's very athletic. He other speed drills were good.

He was good at pass defense in college and not a liability at all. Pass defense is much more than speed. It's being smart, recognizing the play, getting a jump on the play, quickness, desire, being able to jump and reach, being in the right place at the right time, not making mistakes.

2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:

Sorry I shouldn't have called you that. That was not called for.

Guessing you are also the same type of Griz fan who always goes "we kicked the Bison's ass in 2015" while failing to mention how the season ended for their beloved Griz that year.....
I recall that vividly, but not mentioned in the midst of a Wentz argument. Unless I make another dipshit oversight, I don't believe he played in that game. Not needed; men against boys. So keep guessing.

The last time The Griz played UNDSU:

-Paul Ryan becomes Speaker of the House
-Cuba and the US restore diplomatic relations
-Former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle is sentenced to prison.
-Many people debate whether the dress was black and blue or white and gold
-Caitlyn Jenner makes first appearance
-Making a Murderer is popular on Netflix
-Carroll doesn't give it to BeastMode from the 2 in SB XLIX
-Hamilton hits Broadway
-iPhone 6s is released
-Most kids born will enter kindergarten in the fall.

The last time 2011 brought up that game on eGriz:
-March 10, 2020

PlayerRep said:
Draftscout.com has Cox at 4.65.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1028028&DraftYear=2021

Have no idea where draftscout would have obtained those numbers, but they are not accurate. Unless your cousin is a grad assistant for the Bison or you have a closer connection than me, I guess I'll believe the number I was told.

http://ndsuspectrum.com/the-unstoppable-jabril-cox/
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4978922-McFeely-Cox-is-leaving-NDSU-and-its-all-about-the-NFL

Think Christian Watson runs a 4.65 40?

CDAGRIZ said:

-Hamilton hits Broadway
-iPhone 6s is released
-Many kids who are now kindergartners are born

-March 10, 2020

The last time the Griz won a game on the main stage, 9/11 had just happened three months earlier.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

-Hamilton hits Broadway
-iPhone 6s is released

-March 10, 2020

The last time the Griz won a game on the main stage, 9/11 had just happened three months earlier.

I wonder if I should post about it on a monthly basis on the Bizon message board.

giphy.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

-Hamilton hits Broadway
-iPhone 6s is released

-March 10, 2020

I wonder if I should post about it on a monthly basis on the Bizon message board.

I don’t know that’s a decision left up to you bro.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Have no idea where draftscout would have obtained those numbers, but they are not accurate. Unless your cousin is a grad assistant for the Bison or you have a closer connection than me, I guess I'll believe the number I was told.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4978922-McFeely-Cox-is-leaving-NDSU-and-its-all-about-the-NFL

First, I would believe this website over you. They are usually fairly accurate. Your source is wrong. By the way, I have a better source at NDSU than you do.

You make up stuff all the time. There is zero info on the internet backing up your bs number.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

First, I would believe this website over you. They are usually fairly accurate. Your source is wrong. By the way, I have a better source at NDSU than you do.

You make up stuff all the time. There is zero info on the internet backing up your bs number.

LMFAO....who the hell is your source expert? Do you know someone that personally watched and clocked Jabril's 40 yard time? Because I do.

And where did this website get their stats from?

Matt Entz said he was the fastest player on the team last year...That includes a guys like Kobe Johnson, who as a senior at Discovery HS in Georgia, ran a 10.57 100m dash. Jalen Bussey, who ran a 10.67 100m dash etc etc.

2011, send me a stopwatch, and I can time the building peeing lady at sub-4.4 in the 40 tomorrow. I believe that’s kind of PR’s point.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011, send me a stopwatch, and I can time the building peeing lady at sub-4.4 in the 40 tomorrow. I believe that’s kind of PR’s point.

I thought PR's point was to show he always knows someone better than the person we know.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I thought PR's point was to show he always knows someone better than the person we know.

:lol: In this case, I’m deferring on principle.
I will, however, time any Bizon fan at at sub-4.4. Easy as pie a la mode.

Back