• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timmy Falls feature story

Love that kid will always be one of my favorite players to coach can't wait to make a trip up to
Griz nation for his senior night next year.

Love Timmy's maturity this year! The Dude is truly enjoying himself this year. Fun to watch the progression of this entire team thru this basketball season! Keep it up boys!

Coachnelson said:
Love that kid will always be one of my favorite players to coach can't wait to make a trip up to
Griz nation for his senior night next year.

He is just a great competitor! Every coach would love a kid like him!

Terrific article. Great job at touching on everything, much of which has been discussed by Egrizzers. With that said, I think some posters should man up, eat some crow, and admit, they were wrong about Timmy Falls. A few posters were a little over the top, when Falls struggled coming back from his hand injury. I recall, someone went as far as saying, Falls isn't a DIV 1 player, or something similar to that. A few others backed Falls, and told people to have patience with him recovering from an injury.

I wonder, will any of his naysayers will man up here? I for one, am glad he has improved himself in the little intangibles that come with being fiery competitor. He sure has made a great positive impact to the GRIZ this season. I was, and still am a little critical of his jump shot. Despite the side knuckling rotation, his 3 pt shot is pretty solid this season. I will continue to believe, if he did some minor changes with his guide hand, release, and follow through, he could be a very high percentage 3 pt shooter. In the off season, I hope he dedicates his time to doing just that for his SR season. Speaking of which, with his maturity this season, he''ll have to take on more leadership next season. That team will be his and Steadman's to lead. I believe, he will be ready to take on that challenge next season.

I will admit, Timmy Falls is one of my favorite GRIZ to watch. Just knowing, at anytime he can pull off an absolutely stunning no look, or behind the back pass, always has me on the edge of my seat. Even, some of that is being passed onto Vazquez. Vazquez is beginning to make some rather eye catching passes and penetrating a little more often too. I know, I see Falls and Vazquez communicating with each other quite frequently.

As for Timmy, "Thank you, for your blood, sweat, and tears you give for GRIZ NATION".

mtgrizrule said:
Terrific article. Great job at touching on everything, much of which has been discussed by Egrizzers. With that said, I think some posters should man up, eat some crow, and admit, they were wrong about Timmy Falls. A few posters were a little over the top, when Falls struggled coming back from his hand injury. I recall, someone went as far as saying, Falls isn't a DIV 1 player, or something similar to that. A few others backed Falls, and told people to have patience with him recovering from an injury.

I wonder, will any of his naysayers will man up here? I for one, am glad he has improved himself in the little intangibles that come with being fiery competitor. He sure has made a great positive impact to the GRIZ this season. I was, and still am a little critical of his jump shot. Despite the side knuckling rotation, his 3 pt shot is pretty solid this season. I will continue to believe, if he did some minor changes with his guide hand, release, and follow through, he could be a very high percentage 3 pt shooter. In the off season, I hope he dedicates his time to doing just that for his SR season. Speaking of which, with his maturity this season, he''ll have to take on more leadership next season. That team will be his and Steadman's to lead. I believe, he will be ready to take on that challenge next season.

I will admit, Timmy Falls is one of my favorite GRIZ to watch. Just knowing, at anytime he can pull off an absolutely stunning no look, or behind the back pass, always has me on the edge of my seat. Even, some of that is being passed onto Vazquez. Vazquez is beginning to make some rather eye catching passes and penetrating a little more often too. I know, I see Falls and Vazquez communicating with each other quite frequently.

As for Timmy, "Thank you, for your blood, sweat, and tears you give for GRIZ NATION".

:thumb:

Any updates regarding Timmy's injury? I'm hoping, a few week recovery time. What's the injury? Get well soon, Timmy.

mtgrizrule said:

Several naysayers already DID “man up” earlier in the season. I was one of those—felt he shouldn’t be a starter and that he was a head case and liability on the court. My issue wasn’t how he played coming off the injury, it was how he played the past two seasons, letting shit get into his head and blowing his top. THAT has improved dramatically this year, and his play along with it. If last year’s Timmy was here this year, this team isn’t 12-3 in conference.

So, was I wrong? I don’t think so. But I sure am glad he matured to the point that he’s a genuine plus on the court and has helped get this team to where its at despite major playing time for four freshmen.

How could you not like his game? Great defender. Great passer. Hard worker. Team player.

I’d take ten of him on my team.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:

Several naysayers already DID “man up” earlier in the season. I was one of those—felt he shouldn’t be a starter and that he was a head case and liability on the court. My issue wasn’t how he played coming off the injury, it was how he played the past two seasons, letting shit get into his head and blowing his top. THAT has improved dramatically this year, and his play along with it. If last year’s Timmy was here this year, this team isn’t 12-3 in conference.

So, was I wrong? I don’t think so. But I sure am glad he matured to the point that he’s a genuine plus on the court and has helped get this team to where its at despite major playing time for four freshmen.

Actually, you were wrong. He had stepped up big at the end of last season, in the last 5 or 6 games. Had talked to the coaches and gotten back into the starting line up. Had received nice praise from the NCAA game announcers.

AllWeatherFan said:
How could you not like his game? Great defender. Great passer. Hard worker. Team player.

This is my view too. While I can understand some of the past criticism, he plays hard, is fiery usually in a good way, plays great defense, and has great court vision.

AllWeatherFan said:

Timmy has really come around, we are fortunate to have him. His assists style reminds me of the great John Stockton--clear 360 court vision, ball pass to player in position crisp, quick, defensively unexpected! I hope the young man has not been injured too bad!

maroonandsilver said:
mtgrizrule said:
Any updates regarding Timmy's injury? I'm hoping, a few week recovery time. What's the injury? Get well soon, Timmy.

I heard torn ligaments. Out 2 weeks minimum.

Torn ligaments is a worst case scenario for sure. If so I'd doubt he'd be back this year. Time for Mr. Egun to step up and shine.

I still stand by my statements earlier, that being said I hope he gets healthy this season and helps Montana to a successful rest of the season
Sucks to see anybody get hurt, no matter what team.

Back