• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU faculty report: Athletics need to be cut Or eliminated

marceagfan5 said:
Eastern has these reports pop up every now and then, dropping athletics or the football program won’t happen...but it’s bad press and a bad look when you see stuff like this surface...
Speaking of bad and surface, any chance you guys put in a football field soon at kanga-Roos stadium?

SaskGriz said:
marceagfan5 said:
Eastern has these reports pop up every now and then, dropping athletics or the football program won’t happen...but it’s bad press and a bad look when you see stuff like this surface...
Speaking of bad and surface, any chance you guys put in a football field soon at kanga-Roos stadium?

New turf is being installed this spring, it will be as red as ever when the Griz come to town in October...

marceagfan5 said:
SaskGriz said:
marceagfan5 said:

New turf is being installed this spring, it will be as red as ever when the Griz come to town in October...
Yeah, my shots at you guys would have more sting if we beat you over there occasionally.

I remember when the faculty at MSU-Billings (then Eastern Montana College) voted to drop football and then create a park on the football field so that football could never make a come-back. I have often thought that if they had kept football in Montana's largest city, they would now be part of the Big Sky Conference with a large enrollment

That would have had negative implications for UM and MSU. I have always been thankful for their short-sighted faculty and their decision (I think in the early 1970s). Presumably those faculty are all dead now or, if not, they should be run out of town.

'68griz said:
I wouldn't be surprised at a similar response from UM faculty....
It has happened several times actually. It doesn't get very far when they are reminded of the revenue the AD turns; the contributions to the food service (concessions), the book store (gear and logo sales), the rent paid on facilities and the contribution to the physical plant costs. Crickets.

Last time I checked, which was long ago, Royce was working in the Chemistry Dept. at UM. Evidently, he as found a new job at EWU. Who the hell else would come up with such a proposal? Not sure I'd wish him on anyone other than the scats.

Back