• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Softball wins Season Opener

Incredible first tourney. The pitching seems dominant and the hitting for power is already well ahead of pace from last year. This team could be special.

HookedonGriz said:
Incredible first tourney. The pitching seems dominant and the hitting for power is already well ahead of pace from last year. This team could be special.

Weisgram and McGrath were off the charts. Sellers and McAlister were right where they should be. Becker was lacking a little on O but she’ll pick it up. Wondering why Pippel didn’t see the field at all. I’m assuming an injury and hoping she’ll get back in soon cause she’s another high avg/pow bat that didn’t even play this weekend. Curtis, the Fr 2B was hitless after having a phenomenal fall. She’s definitely gonna pick it up also. Basically, this offense still hasn’t reached its potential yet.

Achenbach was pitching at a con POTY level in the opening weekend and Hood definitely showed signs of returning to her dominant status. The Fr P Ward was the only real hiccup and she’s gonna have plenty of opportunities to get herself straightened out. I chalk it up to 1st career start jitters.

I was pretty excited for this season on Thur. Now I’m over the top. Bring on the conference tourney!

Maybe I should enjoy the rest of the season 1st. :D :lol:

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Weisgram and McGrath were off the charts. Sellers and McAlister were right where they should be. Becker was lacking a little on O but she’ll pick it up. Wondering why Pippel didn’t see the field at all. I’m assuming an injury and hoping she’ll get back in soon cause she’s another high avg/pow bat that didn’t even play this weekend. Curtis, the Fr 2B was hitless after having a phenomenal fall. She’s definitely gonna pick it up also. Basically, this offense still hasn’t reached its potential yet.

Achenbach was pitching at a con POTY level in the opening weekend and Hood definitely showed signs of returning to her dominant status. The Fr P Ward was the only real hiccup and she’s gonna have plenty of opportunities to get herself straightened out. I chalk it up to 1st career start jitters.

I was pretty excited for this season on Thur. Now I’m over the top. Bring on the conference tourney!

Love love love the passion you have for this program. How did that all come about?

For me, I obviously love the Griz but I played baseball in college then had a daughter who fell i in love with fast pitch. I’ve been coaching a travel team for a fee years now and bringing some of the kids to Griz games. They love it!

HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Love love love the passion you have for this program. How did that all come about?

For me, I obviously love the Griz but I played baseball in college then had a daughter who fell i in love with fast pitch. I’ve been coaching a travel team for a fee years now and bringing some of the kids to Griz games. They love it!

Mostly like you, I just love all things Griz. I never really cared about women’s softball one way or the other until the Griz started their team. Once they started and I started learning about our team and the sport, I really got excited about it. Mostly the reason I post so much about it on eGriz is to try and raise interest and support from the diehard football fan base. Most all the other sports fan bases are set but softball has a chance to keep growing, especially with growing success like I think we’re gonna see this year, definitely next. I do have an 8 year old daughter that plays but I certainly have no lofty aspirations for her to be a star. She actually surprised me wanting to play again this year, her 3rd year playing. She’s usually the slowest kid on the team but her eagerness to learn and try hard is very encouraging. One sport I’d really love to see Montana add, or bring back rather, is wrestling. Montana sends a lot of good wrestlers out of state and it would be awesome to see those kids stay in state, living a dream of wrestling for their home state school. To be truthful though, if montana added pick up sticks, I’d be interested and cheer them on, from my phone of course :lol: .

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Mostly like you, I just love all things Griz. I never really cared about women’s softball one way or the other until the Griz started their team. Once they started and I started learning about our team and the sport, I really got excited about it. Mostly the reason I post so much about it on eGriz is to try and raise interest and support from the diehard football fan base. Most all the other sports fan bases are set but softball has a chance to keep growing, especially with growing success like I think we’re gonna see this year, definitely next. I do have an 8 year old daughter that plays but I certainly have no lofty aspirations for her to be a star. She actually surprised me wanting to play again this year, her 3rd year playing. She’s usually the slowest kid on the team but her eagerness to learn and try hard is very encouraging. One sport I’d really love to see Montana add, or bring back rather, is wrestling. Montana sends a lot of good wrestlers out of state and it would be awesome to see those kids stay in state, living a dream of wrestling for their home state school. To be truthful though, if montana added pick up sticks, I’d be interested and cheer them on, from my phone of course :lol: .

Awesome! Love everything about it and appreciate you being such a fan! I completely agree with you on wrestling. We send some absolute studs all over the United States who would probably love to wrestle for Montana. You never know! Go Griz!

Back