• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players No Longer on GoGriz.com Roster

go96griz said:
Beyond the other ones noted (Josh Egbo, Jed Nagler, Adam Eastwood, Mason Vinyard and Nick Germer), Dylan Eickmeyer, OG, was a junior on last fall's roster and he is no longer listed there. They appear to join other underclassmen previously noted as leaving (Caine Fitiausi-Fung, Marcus Hee, and Jesse Owens).

Dylan Eickmeyer and Esai Longoria had both been on campus for four years. I think they both graduated and moved on.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Certainly Eastwood leaving is no surprise. He was, what, fifth on the depth chart this year and next season would have sunk even further. Good kid, but he was never a DI back.

A player who is recruited to San Diego St. and then starts at UM the next year, getting 514 yards and 9 TD's, averaging 4.1 per carry, is a D-I back by definition. He averaged 5.2 yards in 22 carries and had I TD this season.

Ostmo averaged 3.8 per carry. Turner had 105 yards and I TD this season. Are they not D-I backs?

You never played the gamers should stick to a sport you know something about.

Eastwood may not be good enough for you. He wasn't a starter this year after the first game or two, but he was a D-I back.

I assume he wants to go somewhere where he will play more, or maybe just retire. Good luck to him.

Eastwood sucked and Hauck's blind-loyalty to him almost derailed this season. I've never heard of ANY Griz player that started the season as a starter and end up being a mop-up duty pity-case by the end of the season.
Man, Hauck really showed his blind loyalty to the kid by stuffing him in the doghouse for eternity after his first fumble in the first game of the season. Those three series he played as the starter the entire season really did a number on us.

uofmman1122 said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Certainly Eastwood leaving is no surprise. He was, what, fifth on the depth chart this year and next season would have sunk even further. Good kid, but he was never a DI back.

A player who is recruited to San Diego St. and then starts at UM the next year, getting 514 yards and 9 TD's, averaging 4.1 per carry, is a D-I back by definition. He averaged 5.2 yards in 22 carries and had I TD this season.

Ostmo averaged 3.8 per carry. Turner had 105 yards and I TD this season. Are they not D-I backs?

Eastwood may not be good enough for you. He wasn't a starter this year after the first game or two, but he was a D-I back.

I assume he wants to go somewhere where he will play more, or maybe just retire. Good luck to him.

Eastwood sucked and Hauck's blind-loyalty to him almost derailed this season. I've never heard of ANY Griz player that started the season as a starter and end up being a mop-up duty pity-case by the end of the season.
Man, Hauck really showed his blind loyalty to the kid by stuffing him in the doghouse for eternity after his first fumble in the first game of the season. Those three series he played as the starter the entire season really did a number on us.

Zirg apparently thinks Hauck's blind loyalty to Eastwood caused UM to lose to SS and get blown out by Cats.

PlayerRep said:
uofmman1122 said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

Zirg apparently thinks Hauck's blind loyalty to Eastwood caused UM to lose to SS and get blown out by Cats.

All that crappy ST play really did us in in those two games. ;)

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Right on cue! :lol:

So, you’re saying BH was wrong twice on the kid and correct once when he finally banished him to RB7. Sounds about right.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

So, you’re saying BH was wrong twice on the kid and correct once when he finally banished him to RB7. Sounds about right.

I said he was a D-I back and he was. He proved it. I said nothing about Hauck. No rb who starts for UM for a year is not a D-I back.

You are not a D-I quality poster. Not even junior high.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I said he was a D-I back and he was. He proved it. I said nothing about Hauck. No rb who starts for UM for a year is not a D-I back.

He had the credentials to be projected for growth, but he seemed to be one of the players who plateaued early and was unable to move his performance up another level so was passed by those who did. Average in most facets of the game, had no real holes, but for some fumbles. But never really distinguished himself as a feature RB. Settled in as 3rd depth D1 RB. Moving on best for both parties. No one says anything bad about Eastwood and everyone wants to see him succeed somewhere.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

He had the credentials to be projected for growth, but he seemed to be one of the players who plateaued early and was unable to move his performance up another level so was passed by those who did. Average in most facets of the game, had no real holes, but for some fumbles. But never really distinguished himself as a feature RB. Settled in as 3rd depth D1 RB. Moving on best for both parties. No one says anything bad about Eastwood and everyone wants to see him succeed somewhere.

Good assessment. Caught the ball well most of time too. Perhaps average in most aspects as a starter. Starters are usually at least a bit better, at a minimum.

If not for that critical fumble, I have to wonder what might have been different for him as a Griz. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere. Be something if he and GJ end up on same team.

retiredpopo said:
If not for that critical fumble, I have to wonder what might have been different for him as a Griz. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere. Be something if he and GJ end up on same team.

yep. That fumble set a tone that he never seemed to recover from. Went from hero to goat in about 2 seconds.

AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

yep. That fumble set a tone that he never seemed to recover from. Went from hero to goat in about 2 seconds.

He was also a good blocker. If I recall correctly he also fumbled in one of his early carries this year. That sure didn't help. Best of luck to him.

cclarkblues said:
AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

He was also a good blocker. If I recall correctly he also fumbled in one of his early carries this year. That sure didn't help. Best of luck to him.

It was his very last carry (8th) in the first game against USD. He had just 14 more carries the rest of the year.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Turner's probably not the guy you want to compare him to. He (Turner) averaged 6.2 ypc. With zero fumbles.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Turner's probably not the guy you want to compare him to. He (Turner) averaged 6.2 ypc. With zero fumbles.

Actually, he is. Turner didn't start and didn't get hardly any production in 2019, especially compared to Eastwood the prior year. Both in their frosh season. Again, is Turner a D-I back, and Eastwood isn't?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Actually, he is. Turner didn't start and didn't get hardly any production in 2019, especially compared to Eastwood the prior year. Both in their frosh season. Again, is Turner a D-I back, and Eastwood isn't?

Eastwood's Frosh season he didn't have a Marcus Knight to compete with. Turner got 10 less yards than Eastwood in 2019 on 5 less carries and played in four less games. And again, with zero fumbles. I'll take Turner all day and twice on Sundays.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Eastwood's Frosh season he didn't have a Marcus Knight to compete with. Turner got 10 less yards than Eastwood in 2019 on 5 less carries and played in four less games. And again, with zero fumbles. I'll take Turner all day and twice on Sundays.

Or a Nick Ostmo.

MrG said:
go96griz said:
Beyond the other ones noted (Josh Egbo, Jed Nagler, Adam Eastwood, Mason Vinyard and Nick Germer), Dylan Eickmeyer, OG, was a junior on last fall's roster and he is no longer listed there. They appear to join other underclassmen previously noted as leaving (Caine Fitiausi-Fung, Marcus Hee, and Jesse Owens).

Dylan Eickmeyer and Esai Longoria had both been on campus for four years. I think they both graduated and moved on.

Both were announced and honored as seniors as part of the senior class on senior day against Weber State

Back