• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missouri St

reminiscing is often extremely fun?

The Bobby Petrino shenanigans timeline

https://www.bannersociety.com/2014/1/10/20727441/bobby-petrino-controversies

kemajic said:
CrunchGriz said:
So BH gets to beat two different Petrinos in successive years...nice.
He'll beat them both this year.

True...so three Petrino losses in two years...I'm a Butte guy, but I love that. Since Bobby is, by roots, anyway, a Butte guy, too.

CrunchGriz said:
kemajic said:
CrunchGriz said:

True...so three Petrino losses in two years...I'm a Butte guy, but I love that. Since Bobby is, by roots, anyway, a Butte guy, too.
While his dad was a Butte kid, that's a bit of a stretch; not sure Bobby, Jr. ever lived in Butte.

kemajic said:
CrunchGriz said:
kemajic said:
CrunchGriz said:

While his dad was a Butte kid, that's a bit of a stretch; not sure Bobby, Jr. ever lived in Butte.

In his head he has.

kemajic said:
CrunchGriz said:
kemajic said:
CrunchGriz said:

How's that a bit of a stretch? I said it was in Bobby's roots. Both the Petrinos and Haucks are Butte families who moved away (like all the rest of us) in search of work (in their cases, teaching and coaching) other than in the mines, which were dying anyway. Roots are roots. Doesn't matter if they lived there; they still have it in their bones. I'm guessing that their parents' experiences had huge influences on their lives, just like all of ours did.

This is not intended as a referendum on whether or not Robby qualifies for the 37 jersey. ;) Whole different issue (I guess; who the hell knows what the 'official' rules are on that, anyway? Paulson just handed his jersey over to Hauck, and over the years it became a big thing for which neither of them wrote out a rulebook).

MikeyGriz said:
Just made the Missouri St. games way more interesting!

yeah, but "interesting" is relative. on the 'interesting' scale i would say playing missouri state went from a 2/10 to a 4/10.

BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

yeah, but "interesting" is relative. on the 'interesting' scale i would say playing missouri state went from a 2/10 to a 4/10.

So it instantly doubled! :thumb:

I doubt Nick Saban could turn the program around in the first year. 3 years down the road maybe more interesting but not next year. Does Misery state have a buy out clause with us? That might be one way to increase his first year record.

MikeyGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

i'll give you that. interesting enough Missouri State has a higher average attendance and nicer football facilities than Idaho.

Bear Axed said:
reminiscing is often extremely fun?

The Bobby Petrino shenanigans timeline

https://www.bannersociety.com/2014/1/10/20727441/bobby-petrino-controversies

:eek:

Thanks for the link, BA. You sort of forget what a shit show he brought to each and every program he coached. And what's remarkable is people keep hiring him, sometimes twice!

As for me, winning simply will never be this important. Give me .500 and some level of dignity and honor over what this assclown brings to your university.

BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

i'll give you that. interesting enough Missouri State has a higher average attendance and nicer football facilities than Idaho.

That is really not much of an accomplishment on either fact!

UNDfan said:
Mo St is going to move it’s fb up to FBS and the WAC and they need a name FBS coach.

Just like Cal Poly, Sac St, and UC Davis have done.

But this will go in one ear and out the other because Egriz doesn’t have any brain power working.

See what Sam Houston St, Lamar, McNeese St and Wichita St do soon.

WAC FBS is coming back. The Big Sky will get Seattle and UVU as non fb refugees and Dixie St as a full member.

Mo St now has a bigger enrollment than Mizzou and they want to continue that upward trend.

This guys has literally never predicted something that happened...

Hey when does the Aztec calendar say the world ends again this year...need me to make you that huge batch of koolaid again this year?

BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

I guess you thought no one would bother to check your "facts." In 2019 Idaho drew 41,312 (6885 ave.); Missouri St. drew 32,248 (6450 ave.). Advantage Idaho possibly because they managed to win 5 games while Missouri St. had to go 3 OTs for its only win. As it relates to "nicer", that pretty much depends on the weather.

kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

I guess you thought no one would bother to check your "facts." In 2019 Idaho drew 41,312 (6885 ave.); Missouri St. drew 32,248 (6450 ave.). Advantage Idaho possibly because they managed to win 5 games while Missouri St. had to go 3 OTs for its only win. As it relates to "nicer", that pretty much depends on the weather.

Mo State went 1-11 and still drew 6450 fans on average? Those poor saps are some fucking gluttons for punishment...

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

Mo State went 1-11 and still drew 6450 fans on average? Those poor saps are some f***[*] gluttons for punishment...
Don't be so tough on them; 1-10. Maybe a bad weather cancellation. No one other than the opponent was disappointed.

kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

Idaho's advantage is due to the weather protection afforded by the "barn"!

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

Mo State went 1-11 and still drew 6450 fans on average? Those poor saps are some f***[*] gluttons for punishment...
Don't be so tough on them; 1-10. Maybe a bad weather cancellation. No one other than the opponent was disappointed.

:lol: :lol:

Back