• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan Leaf - ESPN Announcer

This kid paid his dues. Leave him alone to see how he does. I heard his commentary and I was impressed. I think he did a real good job and enjoyed listening. Damn prescription drugs are very dangerous, I hope he leaves them alone now!

reinell30 said:
This kid paid his dues. Leave him alone to see how he does. I heard his commentary and I was impressed. I think he did a real good job and enjoyed listening. Damn prescription drugs are very dangerous, I hope he leaves them alone now!
:thumb:

...on golic and wingo this morning...
...sharp..confident..humorous..knowledgeable...
...taking ownership of is past..moving forwards in leaps and...

... :cool: ...

reinell30 said:

I've sent over a dozen Soldiers to treatment. They were all on doctor prescribed meds and supervised. They were given out like motrin at one point in our Army. That has changed...thank God.

It CAN happen to anyone...

Proud Griz Man said:
So glad he has straightened his life out.

Can anyone explain what this has to do with FCS and UM Football ?

I was in Pullman when he entered the game against the Griz in ‘95, in relief of Drew Bledsoe. So there’s that.

It was also Scott Spraggins’ (sp?) last game for the Griz, tough break for the kid, and nothing to do with Leaf, but it was hard to see.

goatcreekgriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:
I was in Pullman when he entered the game against the Griz in ‘95, in relief of Drew Bledsoe. So there’s that.
Bledsoe was in the NFL in 1995, his last year at WSU being 1992. Leaf relieved Chad Davis in the '95 Griz game.

The NC Griz finished the season 13-2. The 2 losses were but 8 miles apart.

Speaking of ESPN announcers, I talked to Sean McDonough for 15 minutes in the Denver airport tonight. Very nice guy. We had a number of connections, including my position and head coach, Jake Crouthamel, who was the AD at Syracuse when McDonough was there. Crouthamel helped him get into the announcing business. He was returning from New Orleans, where he did the play by play a week ago, to his part-time home in Phoenix.

kemajic said:
goatcreekgriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:
Bledsoe was in the NFL in 1995, his last year at WSU being 1992. Leaf relieved Chad Davis in the '95 Griz game.

The mind is the first to go — I mixed up the ‘92 game in Pullman with the ‘95 game. I’ll never forget the hit on Spraggins in ‘95, though, and I’m pretty sure it was WSU LB James Darling who knocked him out. In any event, Ryan Leaf did play against the Griz.

signedbewildered said:
In a bit of trouble again. I believe charged with domestic battery.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/espn-college-football-analyst-ryan-leaf-arrested-on-domestic-battery-charge/ar-BB14ub8x

Wow, just an hour ago. He's blown every chance he's gotten and you gotta be a damn-fool to ever trust this clown. He's screwed over almost everyone he's come in contact with. At least he's committing crimes in CA this time.

goatcreekgriz said:
kemajic said:

The mind is the first to go — I mixed up the ‘92 game in Pullman with the ‘95 game. I’ll never forget the hit on Spraggins in ‘95, though, and I’m pretty sure it was WSU LB James Darling who knocked him out. In any event, Ryan Leaf did play against the Griz.

I was at the 95' game and I 100% back up how unforgettable the Spraggins hit was. He got absolutely blown-up. Poor kid. Wasn't it a special teams play? I didn't remember who hit him, but if it was Darling that would be understandable although Darling would have been a jr that year and as a 2nd-round draft pick in 1997, it seems unlikely that he would be on special teams as a jr..

Zirg said:
goatcreekgriz said:

I was at the 95' game and I 100% back up how unforgettable the Spraggins hit was. He got absolutely blown-up. Poor kid. Wasn't it a special teams play? I didn't remember who hit him, but if it was Darling that would be understandable although Darling would have been a jr that year and as a 2nd-round draft pick in 1997, it seems unlikely that he would be on special teams as a jr..

Scott got absolutely blown up on kick return. One of the most violent hits I’ve ever witnessed. It ended his season and career. It was also one of ESPN’s “hits of the year” after that season. By the way, Scott is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.

zengriz said:
...self appointed president of his fan club...
...for many years the only member...
...moving further up next year...

... :clap: ...

He has always been an asshole...now people get to see just one more side of him. Hopefully you return your fan club card.

Ursus1 said:
zengriz said:

He has always been an asshole...now people get to see just one more side of him. Hopefully you return your fan club card.

Yeah I don't get the blind adoration for the guy. I was hopeful he had his life turned around but how many more chances does he get before people decide he's not who they think he is?

Ursus1 said:
zengriz said:

Do you know Leaf? Have you ever met him? Just curious.

I have met him and been around him a number of times. Some of my kids knew him and his brothers in high school. One of my kids was playing for CMR when Leaf was.

He was always good to my son. While we know and heard some of the stuff, we generally were positive about him.

We went to the Rose Bowl because he was playing.

I am not saying he wasn’t an asshole at times, but I didn’t and don’t consider him an asshole.

Spanky2 said:
I don’t know what he did. What I do know is many of us continue to make mistakes our entire life.

& such is life - but the more successful in life make fewer mistakes. :lol:

He just can't seem to get out of his own way. Sad that he can't continue moving forward after being given so many chances. Just when I think he has finally made it, he falls back down.

MikeyGriz said:
He just can't seem to get out of his own way. Sad that he can't continue moving forward after being given so many chances. Just when I think he has finally made it, he falls back down.

We should wait for the facts. In most places, a call to police will result in the guy being arrested for misdemeanor domestic abuse based on what the woman says. Then, the charge gets further evaluated and straightened out later. That's what I've been told.

yup I would wait on this one and i will make a wager of $10 (all I can afford lol) this amounts to nothing. If you are familiar with the California domestic battery law it is pretty liberal, I guess better to be safe than sorry rather arrest some poor sap for being rude to his wife than take a chance he might kill her. If you simply touch a domestic partner even if you do not cause them any pain at all you just simply push them away causing no injury or pain but are rude or angry it fits the statute of domestic battery. The thing is Leaf is a big guy like 6'5 or 6'6" 250lb or so that will always work against him when there is no real evidence other than his wife or girlfriend says they were arguing and he pushed me but he did not hurt me and I am not scared of him nor do I think he will hurt me. His mug photo looked like he had been crying prior to the photo or he might have been angry or drunk or maybe he simply has hay fever...

Back