• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The refs all but ruined the national championship game

PlayerRep

Bad calls, horrible calls and missed calls, almost all against Clemson.

I see that the LSU coach played at Northwestern St, and was a GA at NW St and McNeese. Also was at Nicholls St.

PlayerRep said:

I see that the LSU coach played at Northwestern St, and was a GA at NW St and McNeese. Also was at Nicholls St.
Especially the targeting call. I saw several other hits closer to targeting, mostly by LSU, that were not called.

granitegriz said:
I had no dog in the fight, but that offensive PI call was so bad I thought the ref had been bribed or extorted!
The LSU receivers have all had acting lessons.

The Backjudge was Joe Johnston from Missoula. I believe he's an ex-Griz. MouseGriz or Blue Pony should know.

behappp said:
The Backjudge was Joe Johnston from Missoula. I believe he's an ex-Griz. MouseGriz or Blue Pony should know.

Joe didn't play football here, and is originally from Butte. Lives in Missoula now. Great guy.

grizpack said:
behappp said:

Joe didn't play football here, and is originally from Butte. Lives in Missoula now. Great guy.

100% right and one of the best Butte guys I know

He could be a NFL ref before too long.

behappp said:

Grew up with Jiggers. Great guy, provided plenty of fun at the Mo Club/Bodegas back in the college days

Always found it a bit fascinating that Joe has made it so big with his major college football reffing. He didn't play football in high school, but he was the 125 lb Class AA Wrestling 2nd place finisher at state for a loaded Butte High squad (won state by 27 points). Butte's 10th straight state championship....

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Especially the targeting call. I saw several other hits closer to targeting, mostly by LSU, that were not called.
The targeting call against #46 for Clemson, Skalsky (SP ?) was not only a terrible call, IMHO, but it also totally changed the outcome of the game. His replacement, #15, the DC's son I believe, was almost NEVER around the ball, nor did I see him make a solo tackle. It appeared to me that he spent the balance of his time in the game completely out of the plays. I think that just plain took the wind out of the D for Clemson.

Back