• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at Purple Cats Playoff Predictions

The Griz just haven't shown up on the road this year against top teams. Plus Weber will be highly motivated. I will be rooting hard but I think our season ends on Friday.

Weber 28- Griz 24

Grizzly Oredigger said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Grizzoola said:
Is there a pattern, here: Weber, blowout win; MSU, blowout loss; SELA, blowout win? Sure hope history doesn't repeat itself, here.

2 is a coincidence, 3 is a pattern. Next Saturday we will know if it’s a coincidence.
Looking at the season as a whole:
WW
L
l
WWWW
L
W...WWWW (I guess it covers the opener next year too)

Now that is a pattern progression I can get behind.

Griz roll. Maybe by a little less than last week, due to this being away from the comforts of WaGriz.

Griz - 41 (6 TDs and a missed extra point)
Weber - 17

I think this will be the first close game we see all year. Last month every wrong bounce, injury etc went the way of the Griz. Law of averages & playing on the road will likely help level out this matchup to a one or two score game. Weber is certainly deserving of a Top 5 ranking and this will not be the blowout we saw at Washington-Griz. With that said, I think the Griz still match up well against Weber, plus a healthier Snead will help keep the Griz offense operating at a high level. A key road victory could help set the Griz up for possible success at JMU.

GRIZ - 31

Weber State - 27

I’m sick and tired of being nervous when the Griz go on the road. It’s #RTD time dammit! And that means kick their asses and advance!

ranco said:
The Griz just haven't shown up on the road this year against top teams. Plus Weber will be highly motivated. I will be rooting hard but I think our season ends on Friday.

Weber 28- Griz 24

UC Davis?

Paytonlives said:
Hard to beat a team twice in a year but...

Kennesaw is not very good and almost upset the Weeb's,

Griz 35
Weebs 16

I hear about playing and beating a team twice a year, the NFL and Frontier conference plays each team twice. Any stats on record of playing a team twice?

It all comes down to turnovers. And field position. No, not field position, I stand corrected. It comes down to points scored versus points given up, which somehow takes into account turnovers. I have no idea how any of this works.

Montana Grizzlies 31
Weber State Cats 28

BozAngelesGriz said:
ranco said:

Weber 28- Griz 24

UC Davis?

Good point, but I don't think UC Davis was as good as the preseason hype, still a very good win though.

BTW, I also thought we would lose that game. Sure hope I'm wrong again.

Otis77 said:
Late in the last game, WSU found the soft spots in the Griz defense. The DBs are vulnerable in man coverage and on the edge runs. Our DBs are generally in good position, but they do not react to the ball in the air and do not support the edge run defense. Griz win if the DBs turn this around.

.....against almost exclusively backups. With our starters in through the 3rd quarter, they had 205 yards of total offense and 3 points.

I’m feeling oddly confident about this game. Not necessarily because we beat them last time, but I think the matchups play into our favor. We absolutely cannot start slow, otherwise, game over. I see a game where we narrowly keep the lead, and the cardiac-arrest Griz make an appearance this game. I think we win this game 30-28, Weber scores late and can’t recover the onside kick. Toure plays well but I think we are due for JLM to break out a little bit. We will see, can’t wait.

Go Griz!

I am probably underestimating them but there is nothing that concerns me about their offense. Sell out against the run and force that passing attack to win them the game. Maine provided the blueprint last year.

Griz - 41
Weber - 14

I think if we maintain and score the first half, we will pull away... Griz 37-20, Will be a fun bus/plane/car ride home for the vast majority of the crowd.

Back