• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beau Baldwin returning to the Big Sky

SloStang said:
kemajic said:
fltheadgriz said:
Well some good news about this.
The Griz do not have to prepare for the stinking triple option the week before they play Cal Poly
How successful were we in preparing for a BB offense at EWU?

EWU score 32 or more points against the Griz in 7 of 10 games he coached. He was also 6-4 against the Griz.

SloStang, regardless of if its Baldwin or someone else, what is the feeling from the fan base about ditching the triple option. It's been Poly's offense for so long. Is it what the fans want?

George Ferguson said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:
fltheadgriz said:
The Griz do not have to prepare for the stinking triple option the week before they play Cal Poly

EWU score 32 or more points against the Griz in 7 of 10 games he coached. He was also 6-4 against the Griz.

SloStang, regardless of if its Baldwin or someone else, what is the feeling from the fan base about ditching the triple option. It's been Poly's offense for so long. Is it what the fans want?

Most fans want a new offense. I was a big fan of it when it was run well, but I would be very excited to get a coach of Baldwin’s caliber.

Well stated SloStang. Congratulations on getting Baldwin (& I assume his pick of the EWU assistants).

SloStang said:
George Ferguson said:

Most fans want a new offense. I was a big fan of it when it was run well, but I would be very excited to get a coach of Baldwin’s caliber.

SloStang said:
kemajic said:
fltheadgriz said:

Montana 266; EWU 248 in the 10 games. BH is 2-0 vs. BB.

kemajic said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:
fltheadgriz said:

BB 1 National Championship, BH ZERO.

You can NEVER say a good thing about another Big Sky team. This is a home run hire by Cal Poly.

BH is a great coach and Montana is lucky to have him. BB is also a great coach and Cal Poly is lucky to have him. The Big Sky is a better conference with Both BH and BB as coaches.

SloStang said:
You can NEVER say a good thing about another Big Sky team. This is a home run hire by Cal Poly.

BH is a great coach and Montana is lucky to have him. BB is also a great coach and Cal Poly is lucky to have him. The Big Sky is a better conference with Both BH and BB as coaches.
After all these years you remain either reading-impaired or blindly defensive. "How successful were we in preparing for a BB offense at EWU?" was a response to a post suggesting how difficult it was to prepare for a triple option offense. My response was a tribute to BB's tenure at EWU indicating that it was far more difficult to prepare for what he was going to bring. He's the best offensive mind I've seen in the BSC and CPSLO made a major move to update and elevate the program that has been slipping to irrelevance. I'm glad we get you early next year before he has his feet solidly on the ground and gets all the new players he will need.

SloStang said:
kemajic said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:

BB 1 National Championship, BH ZERO.

:thumb:

kemajic said:
SloStang said:

After all these years you remain either reading-impaired or blindly defensive. "How successful were we in preparing for a BB offense at EWU?" was a response to a post suggesting how difficult it was to prepare for a triple option offense. My response was a tribute to BB's tenure at EWU indicating that it was far more difficult to prepare for what he was going to bring. He's the best offensive mind I've seen in the BSC and CPSLO made a major move to update and elevate the program that has been slipping to irrelevance. I'm glad we get you early next year before he has his feet solidly on the ground and gets all the new players he will need.

The same can be said of you. You asked a question, I answered it and you came back with BH 2-0 against BB. But yes I was a little defensive.

Having both BH and BB back in the Big Sky is great for both schools and the conference.

SloStang said:
Press conference Wednesday 5:00 pm PST.

Cal Poly president Jeffrey Armstrong and the director of athletics Don Oberhelman will introduce the new head coach, who will then offer introductory remarks. A question-and-answer session with the media will follow.

The public is invited to attend. The press conference will be video streamed live on the Cal Poly Athletics Facebook page.

Watch the Video

the interesting thing to watch is BB's assistant coach selections = (& I assume his pick of the EWU assistants)

alabamagrizzly said:
Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
Y'all get Poly and EWU back to back early next season.

Two early wins? Good deal!
So we get to beat Baldwin and finally get a win on that god-awful field in back-2-back weeks?!?
Are we sure RTD doesn’t stand for “Revenge Tour, Dude!”

kemajic said:
SloStang said:

Agreed 100%.

garizzalies said:
alabamagrizzly said:

So we get to beat Baldwin and finally get a win on that god-awful field in back-2-back weeks?!?
EWU will not be easy at home next year.

kemajic said:
garizzalies said:
alabamagrizzly said:

EWU will not be easy at home next year.

ewoo is never easy. But I wouldn't expect them to be a contender next year either. They pretty much lose their entire Oline.

SloStang said:
Press conference Wednesday 5:00 pm PST.

"I just have a passion for being a head coach," Baldwin said of his decision to coach at Cal Poly. "My experience in the last year at Cal was amazing and I owe a lot to Coach (Justin) Wilcox and the knowledge that I was able to gain, the experience I had and the student-athletes who I was able to be around in the last three years.
"At the end of the day, I wanted badly to have another opportunity to lead a program," Baldwin added. "With that being said, it had to be right. It had to be the right fit, the right community with the right people and that's what drew me to Cal Poly. It just felt like the right fit at the right time."

and it appears Cal Poly plays at Cal Berzerkely next fall.

Good for Poly. A rising tide...as they say. And lowly NoCol is taking a shot at improving with their new hire. EWU is stocking up on drop downs like crazy. MSU has seven QBs in or coming in. The BSC arms race is on!

Copper Griz said:
Griztrain said:
Already trying to flip a Vandal commit. 😂

https://twitter.com/cj_jordan7/status/1205181126534254592?s=21

Take the Cal Poly offer kid. Hurry!!!

Would be a good move, I hear Petrino has a daughter who can throw a bit and may be climbing the depth chart.

Back