• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Get your questions in for the GFP - recording Monday night

grzz said:
bgbigdog said:
How many calories are consumed during the recording of the podcast?

Now that it’s clear that Mike was wrong, why does he need to condone the tinfoil hat crowd’s theory that Sammy is headed to the transfer portal? That’s just wrong. #mikeswrong. Come on man, do better.

A car leaves Missoula eastbound @ 75 miles an hour. Assuming it stops @ every Town Pump, right down the road, how long before it reaches Savage? Give this to Luke right away, something great for him to do while you and Mr. Wrong talk about football Brint.

HOLD UP. Paranoid Brint is worried that Sammy is transferring, something about pointing for a first down... Mike (Yes, I talk in the third person now...fame does that to a person) has been saying that is an unlikely move for a while...get it right.

Wow... Ouch Brint.

giphy.gif

I got a good laugh at y’all laughing at my username...I won’t go into origins of how the name came to be, but I’m loving the recognition.

Since the Griz are on the road this week, where is your favorite/least favorite place that you’ve been to a Griz road game?

I was in Pocatello when the Griz won 12-10 against the last-ranked Bengals when we were #1. Cardiac-arrest Griz at their peak. I haven’t been to many road games of theirs, but that memory I surely won’t forget.

What will the make up of the passing game look like next year with Akem and Tourie? Will Tourie become receiver #1 or will Akem retain? Do we have a QB like Dalton that will be able optimize the talent at this position next year? (arm strength, poise,etc)

Assuming Weber focuses on taking Toure (specifically the quick slant) away, what will be Montana's go-to for offensive production this time around?

Also, has the WSU center practiced any shotgun and long snaps this year?

Couple answers to help the guys as they are recording.

1. As per the D scheme. The Griz have been using mostly a 3-3-5 this year by necessity because of lack of D Line depth I assume. When Robertson is in, he is practically a linebacker so in terms of run fits it is not like we are playing another 175 pound safety. In theory, with 5 DBs we should be better against the pass, but our safeties are quite aggressive and downhill players that sometimes get fooled and take bad angles. Mixing coverages up too helps confuse the O and while sometimes getting torched happens, when there is no run game and the QB is getting hit hard every play, it is hard to sustain. The Griz also mixed in a good number of even (4 man) fronts vs SLU which seemed to work most of the time as there was not much tape of the Griz doing that this season. I would think those will continue vs Weber as the Wildcats will have some different plays drawn up to try and exploit what they saw. One thing you can't account for is number 33 who makes any run D much better and also covers a ton of ground in the flat. Nothing against the other front guys, but the Griz lack some big maulers in the box which contributes to the need for our safeties to help in run support. Communication could still be better in the back end and they work on that and coverages every day, it's still a real young group besides Calhoun. I love the personality of this D and they bring their best every game, not gonna win every play. That's Football.

2. JLM. He will get more chances as teams key more on Toure. It's really a pick your poison, and Rosy is a savant at drawing it up. Teams are going to have to double #8 which takes a safety out of the box which will open up JLM, TE's, Mitch, and of course the run game. I think JLM is just fine contributing and drawing a defender as Samori absolutely torches secondaries across the FCS.

Go Griz, beat the weebs!

:thumb:
Diesel said:
DoubleNicks said:
Beware_the_D said:
I got a good laugh at y’all laughing at my username...I won’t go into origins of how the name came to be, but I’m loving the recognition.

il_794xN.2017780523_jly8.jpg

m_57a2af07291a35b1330071e3.jpg

When will the endless advertising end?

:thumb: Next time I’m in Missoula, I’ll rock my custom-made “Beware the D” Jersey (yes, I actually have one of those)....I’ll likely be drinking copious amounts of Rainier at Charlie B’s. Hopefully the Griz will still be playing when I visit. Can’t wait.

UNDSU is the worst they’ve been in a while.

Geez Luke. Spoken like someone who hasn’t watched a single down of any of their games this season. New coach for sure, but they’re significantly faster than they’ve ever been & the kid may turn out to be the best UNDSU QB ever before his career is over. Yeah, worst UNDSU team ever. :lol: #reallyluke?

Ps. AP is going to be a tough out.

Back