• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber Roll Call

For those traveling down. Do take care, the weather is supposed to get nasty again towards the end of the week. Safe travels and lets play football!

Making a trip to ogden for the first time. Any suggestions on good food, tailgating, parking, or just any do's or don'ts while we're there?

matchbax21 said:
Making a trip to ogden for the first time. Any suggestions on good food, tailgating, parking, or just any do's or don'ts while we're there?

I used to ski at Powder Mountain and would stop at a place about halfway up Ogden Canyon called The Oaks for breakfast. It's right on the Ogden River and had some good breakfast food. Might be worth checking out.

Another place that is popular with locals is Maddox Family Restaurant. They are a little north of Ogden on Hwy 89. If you are interested in great Chinese food, about 30 miles south of Ogden is a restaurant called Mandarin. It is the best Chinese food I've ever had.

BleacherCreature said:
matchbax21 said:

I used to ski at Powder Mountain and would stop at a place about halfway up Ogden Canyon called The Oaks for breakfast. It's right on the Ogden River and had some good breakfast food. Might be worth checking out.

Another place that is popular with locals is Maddox Family Restaurant. They are a little north of Ogden on Hwy 89. If you are interested in great Chinese food, about 30 miles south of Ogden is a restaurant called Mandarin. It is the best Chinese food I've ever had.

The Oaks has closed down. Maddox and Mandarin are both good suggestions. I would highly recommend reservations for both, or Maddox has a drive-in with limited menu. As far as places closer to the stadium, check out Historic 25th St and the surrounding area in downtown Ogden. There isn't a huge tailgate scene, especially on a Friday. School is still in session so you wouldn't be able to park near the stadium without a permit until a few hours before kickoff anyway. Also, important to note that no outside food or drink is permitted in the stadium and no reentry is allowed. Enjoy the trip.

Be there plus a minimum of 5 so 6 total... but as many as plus 15. Bought 8 tickets, realized we ordered the tickets to be mailed so we rush ordered 8 more print at home tickets and attempted to call Weber today only to find out we couldn’t cancel our original order but could switch to print at home, so in the end we ordered 16 total tickets. Ugh. But we will be bringing as many as we can!!!

EW406 said:
Be there plus a minimum of 5 so 6 total... but as many as plus 15. Bought 8 tickets, realized we ordered the tickets to be mailed so we rush ordered 8 more print at home tickets and attempted to call Weber today only to find out we couldn’t cancel our original order but could switch to print at home, so in the end we ordered 16 total tickets. Ugh. But we will be bringing as many as we can!!!

Ha I did the same thing. Ordered on my phone and didn't see the print at home link. Havent reordered yet. If they dont get here I'll just print some more Thursday or grab some at the game.

You would think with the order number and email verification (and screen shots) we could get replacements. No worries they were less than 20 bucks each. #bigspender lol

Weather is gonna suck for Montana travelers but I fully expect to see more maroon in the stadium than Barney purple.

Let's do this!

This might be a weird request, but would anybody be willing to pick up an extra Griz fan for their road trip? My buddy and I were going to go but he bailed. I still want to go but not take the trip by myself. If you know of anyone that would want to go or has room for one more please let me know.

SWeberCat02 said:
BleacherCreature said:
matchbax21 said:

The Oaks has closed down. Maddox and Mandarin are both good suggestions. I would highly recommend reservations for both, or Maddox has a drive-in with limited menu. As far as places closer to the stadium, check out Historic 25th St and the surrounding area in downtown Ogden. There isn't a huge tailgate scene, especially on a Friday. School is still in session so you wouldn't be able to park near the stadium without a permit until a few hours before kickoff anyway. Also, important to note that no outside food or drink is permitted in the stadium and no reentry is allowed. Enjoy the trip.

SWeberCat02 would it be better to Uber to the game? Got a motel off of I-15. And is Northern Exposure still in operation? Haven't been there in 20 years. Just want to see if my membership is still valid.

Griz til I die said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:
Headed down Thursday afternoon and am gonna ski before the game Friday.

Nice! Where you skiing?
Haven’t totally decided yet but we’re leaning Snowbird

Cool. Keep an eye on the weather forecast and road conditions. That canyon gets hairy during storms and sometimes they'll close it. Wouldn't want to get stuck up there and miss the game.

SWeberCat02 said:
BleacherCreature said:
matchbax21 said:

Hey, can you do me a solid and post the Weber hype video? I missed it this afternoon, heard it was sweet.

BigPapa406 said:
SWeberCat02 said:
BleacherCreature said:
matchbax21 said:

SWeberCat02 would it be better to Uber to the game? Got a motel off of I-15. And is Northern Exposure still in operation? Haven't been there in 20 years. Just want to see if my membership is still valid.

There's usually plenty of parking on campus or along the streets to the south of the stadium. Or, they run a shuttle from the Dee Events Center where you can park as well. There is a pay lot adjacent to the stadium to the north. Think the cost is $10. Guess you could UBER but parking usually isn't a problem.

I'm no expert on strip clubs :D but I believe Nothern Exposure is shut down. There's a Southern Exposure in SLC. Maybe they'll honor your membership.

I live in Utah County so this is a dream scenario for me! I served my LDS mission in Montana. Knocked enough doors and was turned away enough being told "Go away, the Griz are on" it peaked my interest enough to start following the team when I got home, along with my general love for the great state of Montana and football!

I will be at the game with another mission buddy and a long time friend whose grandparents have a farm in Townsend. Last game we caught together was the SUU game last year and the opener in '17 was our first game at Washington-Grizzly. Go Griz!

I'm headed down Friday morning with my two sons, meeting my old college roomies, one is coming from Albuquerque with his SO and the other is coming from Phoenix. This will be Act II for the roomie reunion this year, Act I was the ewoo game. Here's to another beat down!

SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:
Headed down Thursday afternoon and am gonna ski before the game Friday.

Nice! Where you skiing?
Haven’t totally decided yet but we’re leaning Snowbird

Cool. Keep an eye on the weather forecast and road conditions. That canyon gets hairy during storms and sometimes they'll close it. Wouldn't want to get stuck up there and miss the game.
Thanks for the heads up, but don’t worry. The priority of this trip is the game. If the weather takes a turn for the worst, I’ll sit in the hotel room all day if I have to. :thumb: :thumb:

Back