• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TEAM TO OGDEN

I would wonder when the team would go down. It is a 2 hour flight and, if the weather looks good, would they leave the morning of? Allow the kids to sleep in their own beds and not have to sit around all day until the night game?

putter said:
I would wonder when the team would go down. It is a 2 hour flight and, if the weather looks good, would they leave the morning of? Allow the kids to sleep in their own beds and not have to sit around all day until the night game?
I was wondering this as well. Start the pre game once they get to Ogden. Not sure if this will be less disruptive or not. Will be interesting to see

Go Griz!

putter said:

Definitely an interesting question. Is it better to be in a hotel where they are able to have team meetings and watch film as a group, but then have to sit around for hours and hours waiting for the late game? Or is it better to stay in Missoula, sleep in their own beds, etc. and fly down the day of the game?

I wonder if the coaches have some say or if it's dictated by the NCAA. Not sure what SELA did, but I know UAlbany flew into Bozeman on Thursday, spent the day Friday hanging out with "fake" dinosaurs for a Saturday game.

wbtfg said:
putter said:

Definitely an interesting question. Is it better to be in a hotel where they are able to have team meetings and watch film as a group, but then have to sit around for hours and hours waiting for the late game? Or is it better to stay in Missoula, sleep in their own beds, etc. and fly down the day of the game?

I wonder if the coaches have some say or if it's dictated by the NCAA. Not sure what SELA did, but I know UAlbany flew into Bozeman on Thursday, spent the day Friday hanging out with "fake" dinosaurs for a Saturday game.

Definitely the "fake" dinosaurs had to throw Albany off their game. Just could not believe what they were seeing?? :)

wbtfg said:
putter said:

I think flying Friday morning would be a better idea. The team would have better preparation on Thursday in Missoula, then fill the 'dead' time Friday (8:00 pm kick makes for a long day) with an easy flight and bus. I would say the team should prolly stay at a hotel in Missoula Thursday night. Having said all that, I bet there is an NCAA rule that says you've got to travel Thursday.

In today's press conference, Bobby said they will use the same gameday plan as they did for the 8:00 PM kickoff against Oregon earlier in the year. I can't recall though if they flew out of Missoula on game day or if it was the day before.

https://www.facebook.com/MontanaGrizFootball/videos/2495374980560814/

[
get'em_griz said:
In today's press conference, Bobby said they will use the same gameday plan as they did for the 8:00 PM kickoff against Oregon earlier in the year. I can't recall though if they flew out of Missoula on game day or if it was the day before.

get'em_griz said:

They flew the day before. Not sure why people would think it’s better to fly the day of.... where are you going to stay/prep before game start? Rent a hotel to not stay overnight? Going the night before and use a late checkout they have a place to hang before getting to the stadium.

atomik235 said:
get'em_griz said:

They flew the day before. Not sure why people would think it’s better to fly the day of.... where are you going to stay/prep before game start? Rent a hotel to not stay overnight? Going the night before and use a late checkout they have a place to hang before getting to the stadium.
I understand Ogden's Christmas Village is a great place to hang for a few hours.

Ursa Major said:
atomik235 said:
get'em_griz said:

I understand Ogden's Christmas Village is a great place to hang for a few hours.

Yes, but be certain to DRESS WARMLY!!!

Back