• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

firmgriz said:
Does anyone actually know if he’s decommitting or merely assuming? As others have noted, it’s not like OSU is all that and a bag of chips.

If you get an offer to play pac 12 football you play pac 12 football period. Would you rather to play at Stanford, Oregon, Washington, USC, etc...week in and week out or Northern Colorado, southern Utah, Sacramento state, Idaho...etc...? I know which one I would pick so it’s hard to knock the kid for decommitting when he does.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
firmgriz said:
Does anyone actually know if he’s decommitting or merely assuming? As others have noted, it’s not like OSU is all that and a bag of chips.

If you get an offer to play pac 12 football you play pac 12 football period. Would you rather to play at Stanford, Oregon, Washington, USC, etc...week in and week out or Northern Colorado, southern Utah, Sacramento state, Idaho...etc...? I know which one I would pick so it’s hard to knock the kid for decommitting when he does.

But Oregon State isn't those PAC-12 schools, and Montana is not those Big Sky schools.

I get what you're saying, but until he says something official I'm not gonna worry too much. Lots of players that commit still get offers. He may just like Montana better, for any of a multitude of reasons.

dirtysoup said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
firmgriz said:

But Oregon State isn't those PAC-12 schools, and Montana is not those Big Sky schools.

I get what you're saying, but until he says something official I'm not gonna worry too much. Lots of players that commit still get offers. He may just like Montana better, for any of a multitude of reasons.

Im saying if you play at Oregon state you get to play at those stadiums against those teams, which are much sweeter venues and crowds to play in/for than those that Montana players get to experience week in and week out.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
dirtysoup said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
firmgriz said:

Im saying if you play at Oregon state you get to play at those stadiums against those teams, which are much sweeter venues and crowds to play in/for than those that Montana players get to experience week in and week out.

I hear you. You never know. Depends on the degree he wants or maybe early playing time is a factor. We'll see how it plays out.

Sounds like a good conversation for him to have with Jesse Simms.

Personally, I would choose UM vs. Getting annialated and embarrassed for the next 5 years. I like to win.

Ursa Major said:

Personally, I would choose UM vs. Getting annialated and embarrassed for the next 5 years. I like to win.

Simms was an in-State kid with Griz ties so a little different situation.

I want this kid to be a Griz, but I wouldn't fault him at all for choosing Oregon State, especially with a scholarship in hand.

Hopefully Montana being closer to home so his parents can attend all the games will help.. That and a couple of our road games will be real close for them as well.

uofmman1122 said:
Paytonlives said:
"https://twitter.com/AutjoeS13/status/1203802678062510081
CB?

I hope so. Hes long, fast, and a great tackler in space. I could see him playing anywhere in the secondary, his size and physicality make him look like a safety, but we need corners.

dirtysoup said:
Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:
"https://twitter.com/AutjoeS13/status/1203802678062510081

His pinned hudl tape is junior year. Did he get hurt this year?

He has 2 hudl tapes
Offense
http://www.hudl.com/v/2CMbwm

Defense
http://www.hudl.com/v/2CLZP4

Looks like a safety of he plays defense. Looks fast and really hits hard. Could be a Gavin Robertson type safety. Decent receiver also.

JC Cornerback Jonathan Earl 6'3" 180 (Garden West College) Huntington Beach, CA, showing Some some love.... Is he next?

https://twitter.com/Team_Warning704/status/1203820932617273344

dayday said:
Ursa Major said:

Simms was an in-State kid with Griz ties so a little different situation.

Yes, by all means, let's do everything we can just to write this one off so we can bitch about it later :thumb:

I’m too lazy to do the research, so I’ll ask those in the know. Is UM winning it’s recruiting battles with peer institutions such as MSU, eastern Washington etc....? Are we occasionally stealing a recruit from g5 schools? Just curious about how the UM holds up when competing for a recruit.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I’m too lazy to do the research, so I’ll ask those in the know. Is UM winning it’s recruiting battles with peer institutions such as MSU, eastern Washington etc....? Are we occasionally stealing a recruit from g5 schools? Just curious about how the UM holds up when competing for a recruit.

Too early to know.... Hauck has put a tight lid on info.

Back