• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Friday game

Personally I am OK with the schedule of games. At least they are broken up a bit so you can see most of other games & they are in prime time (kinda) and not all at 10:00 am mountain Saturday! PS - do wish the championship game was later on Saturday!

PlayerRep said:
The Fri night game will likely reduce Griz attendance.
Disastrous, I would say. According to the NCAA graphic, the Griz game is at 8 o'clock (MT). Even with the late start, people will have to take at least part of Friday off to be there.

Obviously, broadcasting a s**t-load of early season basketball games means more to ESPN than a few die-hard fans of FCS football.

mtgrizfankb said:
PlayerRep said:

Probably weebs too. 7pm on a Friday is pretty
Late for those Utah folks. With rain snow in the forecast

even more so as it is going to be 8pm.

Hoops watcher said:
PlayerRep said:
I'd guess the NCAA and ESPN care more about TV eyeballs than butts in seats.
Bingo!

All about $$$ for the NCAA. They get more (probably way more) from ESPN than they can expect from tickets sales at most playoff venues. And it's a win-win for ESPN because very few schools schedule basketball games for Friday night. They can hope a live football game will draw better than a game replay or some sort of sports talk show. For them, it's all good.

So looking in DishNetwork ESPN2 next Friday at 7:00 PCT and 8:00 PCT i am seeing
Top Rank Boxing Weigh In and Sports Center.

Only college games showing is 4-7 which has to be UNI and JMU.

Is anyone seeing Griz at WSU on ESPN2 on DishNet?

My wife and I are planning on going to the game, all pending on how driving conditions look, which at this point looks pretty good. Taking Friday off work to make the drive.

Hopefully there are a ton of Griz fans who make the trip over!

montanaguy said:
If both MSU and UM win this week, we play each other in the semi-finals, correct? Who gets home field, in that case?

No. We'd play the winner between JMU vs UNI and msu would play the winner of NDSU vs Ill. St.

montanaguy said:
If both MSU and UM win this week, we play each other in the semi-finals, correct? Who gets home field, in that case?

No. We'd play the winner of JMU/UNI and they'd play the winner of NDSU/ISU.

montanaguy said:

No. We'd play the winner of JMU/UNI and they'd play the winner of NDSU/ISU.

OrgonGriz said:
So looking in DishNetwork ESPN2 next Friday at 7:00 PCT and 8:00 PCT i am seeing

Spectrum is showing the same thing. It'll probably update (hopefully).

OrgonGriz said:

My Dish schedule for Friday on ESPN2 shows “college football”. The description is “FCS quarterfinal”. Time slot is 5-8pm.

Direct TV UM vs Weber is on ESPN2 schedule.

Friday the 13 th, the losing team will have an out for their poor performance

Back