• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How will the team travel to Weber?

PlayerRep

I know UM started flying, and not bussing, to Weber more than a decade ago. Will the ncaa pay only for the bus? Only asking because I know the NCAA started that bussing thing regarding pairings a while back. This would obviously impact travel time and wear and tear, both ways.

Anyone know?

PlayerRep said:
I know UM started flying, and not bussing, to Weber more than a decade ago. Will the ncaa pay only for the bus? Only asking because I know the NCAA started that bussing thing regarding pairings a while back. This would obviously impact travel time and wear and tear, both ways.

Anyone know?

I believe they bus under 400 miles and take a flight after

"And then when we start placing the matchups into the bracket, it's all about geography. We have a responsibility to try to have as many drivable games as possible. If teams are within 400 miles, we have to set them together first. And we also try in the second round to have any first-round games with at least one team who would be within 400 miles of that second-round game."

PlayerRep said:
"And then when we start placing the matchups into the bracket, it's all about geography. We have a responsibility to try to have as many drivable games as possible. If teams are within 400 miles, we have to set them together first. And we also try in the second round to have any first-round games with at least one team who would be within 400 miles of that second-round game."

I think you answered your own question.

"TRANSPORTATION POLICIES

1. For all Division I championships, except men’s and women’s basketball, any team that is located less than 400 miles from the site of competition will be required to drive. Mileage is calculated using the NCAA’s mileage calculator, which can be accessed through the online reimbursement system.
For Division I men’s and women’s basketball, any team that is located less than 350 miles from the site of competition will be required to drive.

2. If an institution is eligible to use air transportation to the site of the championship, and there is a major airport located within 150 miles of the championship site, then the participating institution is required to fly into/out of that airport and utilize ground transportation to and from the site of competition. This also applies if the originating airport is located within 150 miles of the participating institution’s campus. This policy only applies when airfare is less expensive from the more distant airport. In addition, the NCAA travel staff will have the discretion to increase the hub rule mileage if necessary and reasonable.

If an institution is eligible to use air transportation, they may choose to drive to the site of competition due to difficulties in arranging air travel. Should this occur, the institution will be reimbursed the lesser of what airfare would have cost, or the eligible ground transportation. For team sports, eligible ground transportation is the actual costs for the allowable number of buses (see Appendix for allowable buses by sport). For individual-team sports, eligible ground transportation is mileage per person."

Back