• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akem Tweet could it be?

HookedonGriz said:
Sammy was on crutches and in a boot on the sideline. He was on a scooter earlier in week. Sammy is done for this season unless we get to Frisco in January and it’s a Christmas miracle of healing.

Are there rules against playing on a scooter?

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Anybody else catch Toure's first down "celebration" like Akem was doing for a bit the first time the Griz went for it on 4th down in the red zone? Pretty cool "tip of the cap" to his injured teammate.

I saw that, too! Maybe the two pals made a plan that Toure would do it, and then Akem tweeted about it.

CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Anybody else catch Toure's first down "celebration" like Akem was doing for a bit the first time the Griz went for it on 4th down in the red zone? Pretty cool "tip of the cap" to his injured teammate.

I saw that, too! Maybe the two pals made a plan that Toure would do it, and then Akem tweeted about it.

That can't be right...

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

That can't be right...

I agree. There's gotta be more to the puzzle.

MontanaJack2006 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Sammy was on crutches and in a boot on the sideline. He was on a scooter earlier in week. Sammy is done for this season unless we get to Frisco in January and it’s a Christmas miracle of healing.

There isn’t an explicit prohibition, so it must be OK. I think that’s the way it works. Similarly, I think the staff is leaving a lot on the table by not employing nunchucks in the secondary.

CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
HookedonGriz said:

There isn’t an explicit prohibition, so it must be OK. I think that’s the way it works. Similarly, I think the staff is leaving a lot on the table by not employing nunchucks in the secondary.

With the distance we are playing off receivers at times, we might want to use throwing stars.

MontanaJack2006 said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

That can't be right...

I agree. There's gotta be more to the puzzle.

How about; the pointing, coupled with his marching band celebration after one of his TDs will get him reprimanded and benched by the coaches,as pointed out by an earlier poster on this subject?

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
HookedonGriz said:

With the distance we are playing off receivers at times, we might want to use throwing stars.

At this point in the season we may not want to add the throwing star wrinkle in the defensive backfield scheme. That is really something the boys should be honing in on in August to make it a useful tool for December football. Best we stick with PI calls and getting haircuts over the top this week; it's gotten us this far.

grizindabox said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Where’s that idiot claiming we were going to see someone unexpected this game. Can we ban that clown?

Careful, you might hurt his feelers.

I am not the one who posted that you were going to see someone unexpected play. However if you guys were watching you would have seen someone unexpected play. Obviously Jed Nagler hasn't played in over two months as he went out against Idaho State and he was pretty impressive in his limited return with 1 solo tackle and 2 assisted tackles. It is great to see him back out there. He is a special player and will only be more of a force as he gets back in football shape.

MontanaJack2006 said:
cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

At this point in the season we may not want to add the throwing star wrinkle in the defensive backfield scheme. That is really something the boys should be honing in on in August to make it a useful tool for December football. Best we stick with PI calls and getting haircuts over the top this week; it's gotten us this far.

I agree. I’d just add that an effective throwing star package begins in spring camp. We shall see if that’s something the staff works on in 2020.

CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I agree. I’d just add that an effective throwing star package begins in spring camp. We shall see if that’s something the staff works on in 2020.

"throwing star..." Don't we already have one of those? Sneed?

hilinegrizfan said:
I can't say too much... but look to see who gets playing time next week.

do you think Akem will be back ?......how about the kid Mamula from Philadelphia ?

Back