• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question for Payton...

alabamagrizzly

So I’m seeing Coach Green’s name on a lot of commits tweets. I know he’s the recruiting coordinator and a big part of our successful recruiting. My question for you is do you have any idea which coaches are responsible for bringing in the most recruits? Outside of Justin, who’s our next in line for the main recruiting duties? The reason I’m bringing this up is we won’t keep this coaching staff together for much longer and, recruiting wise, which coaches would be the biggest losses.

Seems to me that it pretty spread out over the coaching staff based on posision. However some times they cross over because of recruiting area.

Your question is a concern of mine. Justin G does a stellar job of recruiting and I find it hard to believe someone wont try to scoop him up. The ace that we have is that he is an ex Griz player that loves Missoula. But anyone that gets offered 3 to 10 times with they are already making will be sure to take a look, especially if its in the San Diego area where he is from.

As I ponder this it at times seems strange to see a QB giving thanks to say Coach Bear.

I guess to answer you question I gotta be honest and say that I dont see a pattern that give us any insight into the future recruiting coordinator when that time comes.

Wish I had a better feel for this one...

I believe that certain coaches concentrate on certain geographical areas also. Perhaps Baer was the coach for the area, and made the initial or some follow up contact.

grizpack said:
I believe that certain coaches concentrate on certain geographical areas also. Perhaps Baer was the coach for the area, and made the initial or some follow up contact.

Yep

Paytonlives said:
Seems to me that it pretty spread out over the coaching staff based on posision. However some times they cross over because of recruiting area.

Your question is a concern of mine. Justin G does a stellar job of recruiting and I find it hard to believe someone wont try to scoop him up. The ace that we have is that he is an ex Griz player that loves Missoula. But anyone that gets offered 3 to 10 times with they are already making will be sure to take a look, especially if its in the San Diego area where he is from.

As I ponder this it at times seems strange to see a QB giving thanks to say Coach Bear.

I guess to answer you question I gotta be honest and say that I dont see a pattern that give us any insight into the future recruiting coordinator when that time comes.

Thanx for the insight. I figured if anyone knew, it’d be you. I see Shann’s name a lot too and wonder if he’d be a good (God forbid the need)replacement. I imagine it takes a younger guy with a lot of energy. My uneducated guess would tab him as it.

alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:

Thanx for the insight. I figured if anyone knew, it’d be you. I see Shann’s name a lot too and wonder if he’d be a good (God forbid the need)replacement. I imagine it takes a younger guy with a lot of energy. My uneducated guess would tab him as it.

College recruiting I’m general takes so much energy. Coaches get burnt out. Working all week. Games on sat. Film on nights and mornings. Travel on off weeks and as soon as the season is over. Planning winter conditioning. Spring scouting. Spring camp. Spring recruiting and transfer scouting. Recruiting trips and booster trips in spring and summer. Scouting and recruiting prep in summer. Prep for fall camp. Recruiting first weeks of HS ball. Fall camp. Game prep. It takes a hell of a person to take all this time away from family and friends. Recruiting is not a fun time.

So how did Akem get here? Who recruited him? He is really outside of our normal recruiting area so someone must have a contact some where.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
So how did Akem get here? Who recruited him? He is really outside of our normal recruiting area so someone must have a contact some where.

Well...he’s from Oklahoma....Semore had connections down there.

Back