• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SELA board

royallion05 said:
Hello. I am the board administrator for the SLU board. Not sure what the issue is but there should not be a need for registration approval. We do require registration but all are welcome and we encourage you guys to drop by and visit. We've had a number of Griz fans register over the last few days. Looking forward to making the trip to Missoula this weekend.

Please be careful when you come to Missoula. We have weather, and it’s like nothing else in the country, maybe the world.

Raider said:
royallion05 said:
Hello. I am the board administrator for the SLU board. Not sure what the issue is but there should not be a need for registration approval. We do require registration but all are welcome and we encourage you guys to drop by and visit. We've had a number of Griz fans register over the last few days. Looking forward to making the trip to Missoula this weekend.

Please be careful when you come to Missoula. We have weather, and it’s like nothing else in the country, maybe the world.

North Dakota has worse weather but they all live in these little tiny domes all year long, protecting themselves from the elements. Montanans embrace the elements.

alabamagrizzly said:
Raider said:
royallion05 said:

North Dakota has worse weather but they all live in these little tiny domes all year long, protecting themselves from the elements. Montanans embrace the elements.

Good gawd man. :?

Raider said:
royallion05 said:

They are lucky the game isn't in Butte. Nobody really mentions it, but Butte can get really cold. I remember one time it was -26F on the 4th of July. I showed up to the picnic wearing my Join or Die tank top and a pair of jorts. I could tell that all the ladies were impressed.

CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
royallion05 said:

They are lucky the game isn't in Butte. Nobody really mentions it, but Butte can get really cold. I remember one time it was -26F on the 4th of July. I showed up to the picnic wearing my Join or Die tank top and a pair of jorts. I could tell that all the ladies were impressed.

Butte, pfft. I've ice fished on Fort Peck in August.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
royallion05 said:

Butte, pfft. I've ice fished on Fort Peck in August.

Sure, but Butte is colder. One year, it only got above freezing twice. The average wind chill was -45. It was awesome.

CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
royallion05 said:

What brand of jorts?

Raider said:
royallion05 said:

:lol: :clap:

Raider said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Raider said:
royallion05 said:

Good gawd man. :?

Well I guess somebody has had about enough and is ready for a nap.

grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
kurtismichael said:
I think they’ve preemptively banned all three members of the Griz Fan Pod for goonishness.

Really though, can we blame them?

Not at all. I read their Terms and Conditions, and goons are strictly forbidden. It being true that the GFP leads all of College FB in goons per play with 3, it makes sense that you guys can’t post. Thoughts and prayers for you in these trying times.

Jokes on them. I got in and said thank you. We are very polite people.
Haven't you done enough irreparable harm? I can only imagine Mike Nugent and his 10 fingers of goon let loose on an opponent's board.

Danco said:
Good morning. I am an SLU alumni - wanted to say hello. My daughter is getting married this Saturday, so can’t make the trip.

Welcome and congratulations, Danco. You're not losing a daughter but gaining a new son that will feel free to hit you up for money. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
Really though, can we blame them?

Not at all. I read their Terms and Conditions, and goons are strictly forbidden. It being true that the GFP leads all of College FB in goons per play with 3, it makes sense that you guys can’t post. Thoughts and prayers for you in these trying times.

Haven't you done enough irreparable harm? I can only imagine Mike Nugent and his 10 fingers of goon let loose on an opponent's board.

It's debatable. Might as well throw another tire on the fire.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
royallion05 said:

What brand of jorts?

Uh, pleated Silver Tab Levis, of course. Is there any other brand?

CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:

What brand of jorts?

Soooo jealous. My wife waits until Costco brings in seasonal Kirkland inventory. Not all of us have the coin to throw at Silver Tab gear.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

What brand of jorts?

Soooo jealous. My wife waits until Costco brings in seasonal Kirkland inventory. Not all of us have the coin to throw at Silver Tab gear.

Look at it like an investment. As my grandad told me when I was 6: "Son, when you turn 18, get yourself a nice set of pleated Silver Tab jorts and a 44" braided leather belt so you can tuck the tag end back under the belt and have it hang down your leg. It's a timeless look, and those items will last you the rest of your life. Grab me another Schmidt's while you're in there."

grzz said:
Ursa Major said:
grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It's debatable. Might as well throw another tire on the fire.

:lol: :clap: #goonon

CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
What brand of jorts?

Look at it like an investment. As my grandad told me when I was 6: "Son, when you turn 18, get yourself a nice set of pleated Silver Tab jorts and a 44" braided leather belt so you can tuck the tag end back under the belt and have it hang down your leg. It's a timeless look, and those items will last you the rest of your life. Grab me another Schmidt's while you're in there."

Sage advice that I'm certain suited you well through the years. Will make a note in my diary for how to handle the dreaded jort discussion with my own children down the road.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Not sure what happened originally, but I re-registered with the same info and got in, although I had to request the confirmation email twice.

news02.jpg

Shick Shadel used to be one of my clients. Even met the voice of the commercials.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sage advice that I'm certain suited you well through the years. Will make a note in my diary for how to handle the dreaded jort discussion with my own children down the road.

It’s never a comfortable talk, but if you’re a good dad, and steady, you’ll do just fine. Maybe pick up a copy of Brooks Brothers’ “How to Raise a Gentleman”. Pretty sure there is a jorts chapter.

Bobby-Boucher.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
Diesel said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Most don’t realize it, but Southeast Louisiana State is actually located in Mobile, Alabama. It’s like when you meet a lady in NYC, and she says she lives on the “lower, lower east side”, and she actually lives in Baltimore.

So if the Lions are in Baltimore are the Mud Dogs in Virginia?

Lions are in Mobile, Mud Dogs are in Key West.

Back