• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

playoff tickets

GottaluvGriz said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Brother Bear said:
I see the Bobcats are doing free student tickets (purchased by boosters, etc). Do the Griz do something similar for students?

Wouldn't that be a NCAA violation???

You would think if Free Hotdogs at the Griz tailgates are frowned upon by the NCAA for student athletes, there is no way free tickets to the game from boosters/ sponsors would be ok?

Go Griz!

companies have in the past... not this year

GottaluvGriz said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Brother Bear said:
I see the Bobcats are doing free student tickets (purchased by boosters, etc). Do the Griz do something similar for students?

You would think if Free Hotdogs at the Griz tailgates are frowned upon by the NCAA for student athletes, there is no way free tickets to the game from boosters/ sponsors would be ok?

Go Griz!
Free tickets for students, not student athletes, NCAA really doesn't care where the money comes from to buy the tickets for students.

The.Real.2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Brother Bear said:

Go Griz!
Free tickets for students, not student athletes, NCAA really doesn't care where the money comes from to buy the tickets for students.
So they will be making sure that no student athletes participating in any sport get those free tickets??

grizfnz said:
The.Real.2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
TCCGRIZ said:

Go Griz!
So they will be making sure that no student athletes participating in any sport get those free tickets??
My interpretation could be incorrect, but I don't believe the NCAA takes issue, if the benefit is equally available to every university student.

They have now released the 'unclaimed' season ticket holder tickets.

Some great seats scattered throughout the stadium. If you haven't bought your tickets yet go do it!

Go Griz!

grizband said:
grizfnz said:
The.Real.2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:

Go Griz!
My interpretation could be incorrect, but I don't believe the NCAA takes issue, if the benefit is equally available to every university student.
You are correct :thumb:

Just took a look at griztix.com to see how many tickets are available, and it's looking like this is going to be a low-attended game based on how many look to be available. Unless a lot of the general public buys up those unused season tickets, I'm guessing probably around 15k. :(

get'em_griz said:
Just took a look at griztix.com to see how many tickets are available, and it's looking like this is going to be a low-attended game based on how many look to be available. Unless a lot of the general public buys up those unused season tickets, I'm guessing probably around 15k. :(

Kind of astonished at how many season ticket spaces suddenly popped up. I don't think the roads will be all that bad this weekend. Wondering if people are tapped out financially?

grizfnz said:
The.Real.2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
TCCGRIZ said:

Go Griz!
Ah, but you're not into the "nuances" here. As long as the freebies are available to any student who asks, that's okay. An athletes-only benefit from "boosters" is a major crime. If you gave free hot dogs to every student who came by the tailgate and asked ... that would be okay too. (Expensive, but okay. :) )

Note: I've read the printed NCAA rules, but can't guarantee that they wouldn't find a way to interpret them differently. ;)

Edit: I see someone beat me to it.

montanaguy said:
get'em_griz said:

Kind of astonished at how many season ticket spaces suddenly popped up. I don't think the roads will be all that bad this weekend. Wondering if people are tapped out financially?

I think just like MSU, you guys have a lot of corporate season ticket holders, they buy blocks of season tickets and give them to employees and clients, its annually figured into their budget. Playoffs are extra and the business owner/CEO just buys tickets for himself and a few others for playoffs and let the rest go.

Heard 2 different numbers last night at the gym, one guy who works at the UM said he heard 11000 yesterday but that was early, another guy said he bought his tickets and they guessed around 16500....either way pathetic. Should be blacked out until 80% sold out. Also need to figure a way to get students in $35 is a lot of beer and weed :)

Heard about 70% of season tickets were purchased by season ticket holders before the Tuesday night playoff deadline which then releases them to the general public. I'm guessing we'll come in right around 18,000 for the game.

MTGRIZ12 said:
Heard 2 different numbers last night at the gym, one guy who works at the UM said he heard 11000 yesterday but that was early, another guy said he bought his tickets and they guessed around 16500....either way pathetic. Should be blacked out until 80% sold out. Also need to figure a way to get students in $35 is a lot of beer and weed :)

Student tickets are $5, so that is less than a 6 pack.

montanaguy said:
get'em_griz said:

Season ticket holders had until Tuesday to claim their tickets, so they couldn't be released for general sale until after that.

Anyone else not receive their link to print their tickets? I purchased my season tickets on-line and selected the option to print my tickets at home. The link to print the tickets was supposed to be sent Tuesday night. Nothing received yet.

MikeyGriz said:
MTGRIZ12 said:

for regular season games, I don't think the students get the $5 deal for playoffs.

MTGRIZ12 said:
MikeyGriz said:
MTGRIZ12 said:

for regular season games, I don't think the students get the $5 deal for playoffs.

This was on another link:
grizavsfan wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 pm

MikeyGriz wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 pm
Do the students have to pay $35 for their tickets?

One of my student assistants said her playoff ticket was "5 bucks" when she picked it up this week. (She thought regular student tickets were $15, so she was happy.) That being said, I think the students will show. Lots of energy to let out before Finals start on Monday.

MikeyGriz said:
MTGRIZ12 said:
MikeyGriz said:
MTGRIZ12 said:

This was on another link:
grizavsfan wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 pm

MikeyGriz wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 pm
Do the students have to pay $35 for their tickets?

One of my student assistants said her playoff ticket was "5 bucks" when she picked it up this week. (She thought regular student tickets were $15, so she was happy.) That being said, I think the students will show. Lots of energy to let out before Finals start on Monday.
That is great, Student allotment should be sold out then! it would be nice to get 20k plus. We still have 3 days!

Back