• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SELA board

Welcome Royallion05! Be sure to get to the stadium a few hours early and hit the tailgates (north and west of the stadium). You won’t have buy your beers or food I’m pretty sure. Hit the GSA tailgate for sure (can’t miss it).

Buttegrizzle said:
Welcome Royallion05! Be sure to get to the stadium a few hours early and hit the tailgates (north and west of the stadium). You won’t have buy your beers or food I’m pretty sure. Hit the GSA tailgate for sure (can’t miss it).

Definitely will. Looking forward to sharing a few beers with the locals. Appreciate the hospitality. Feel free to drop by our board. We have a few members who can come at you hot but they mean well and love their Lions. Peace!

royallion05 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Definitely will. Looking forward to sharing a few beers with the locals. Appreciate the hospitality. Feel free to drop by our board. We have a few members who can come at you hot but they mean well and love their Lions. Peace!

Royallion, I posed the question on your board, but perhaps it’ll spread the word here as well: What is the preferred nomenclature for the Lions? I’ve always said “Southeast Louisiana State”, but I don’t think that’s correct. Anyway, you’re gonna have a great time in Missoula. I’m jealous!

Not sure what happened originally, but I re-registered with the same info and got in, although I had to request the confirmation email twice.

It’s Southeast Louisiana University. SLU, not SELA. There is no “State” in the name. Just FYI.

CDAGRIZ said:
It’s Southeast Louisiana University. SLU, not SELA. There is no “State” in the name. Just FYI.

Did you finish brokering peace for the GFP?

CDAGRIZ said:
royallion05 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Royallion, I posed the question on your board, but perhaps it’ll spread the word here as well: What is the preferred nomenclature for the Lions? I’ve always said “Southeast Louisiana State”, but I don’t think that’s correct. Anyway, you’re gonna have a great time in Missoula. I’m jealous!

Southeastern Louisiana University is the official name. When shortened, we prefer Southeastern. When abbreviated for a news/sports story, we prefer SLU. We strongly discourage the use SELU, SELA, Southeast, Southeast Louisiana State, etc.

Hope that helps. Thanks for asking.

grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not yet. Still working on it. You kids want everything right now these days.

CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I should have known better. Still waiting on your marketing team to give us a new GFP avatar. Worst $10,000 investment Brint ever made.

CDAGRIZ said:

Love to quote myself, but, as you can all see above, I fucked it up per usual. It’s Southeastern Louisiana University. Please disregard previous erroneous reports that may or may not have said “Southeast Louisiana University”. Thank you.

CDAGRIZ said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Love to quote myself, but, as you can all see above, I f***[*] it up per usual. It’s Southeastern Louisiana University. Please disregard previous erroneous reports that may or may not have said “Southeast Louisiana University”. Thank you.

And you want to be our ambassador to SELA...SLU?

grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I should have known better. Still waiting on your marketing team to give us a new GFP avatar. Worst $10,000 investment Brint ever made.

Marketing team for a GFP avatar?! Ha! If I give it to them, it’ll end up looking amateurish. Tech team is on it. They’ve created two amazing images for me, as all can see.

grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Love to quote myself, but, as you can all see above, I f***[*] it up per usual. It’s Southeastern Louisiana University. Please disregard previous erroneous reports that may or may not have said “Southeast Louisiana University”. Thank you.

I’ll settle for latex salesman, but I’m doing my level best!

CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
CDAGRIZ said:

GFP is announcing a major acquisition next week. Vandalay Industries...things are really falling in line for you CDA.

grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

GFP is announcing a major acquisition next week. Vandalay Industries...things are really falling in line for you CDA.
Yes!
#winterofCDA

EverettGriz said:
Not sure what happened originally, but I re-registered with the same info and got in, although I had to request the confirmation email twice.

news02.jpg

Good morning. I am an SLU alumni - wanted to say hello. My daughter is getting married this Saturday, so can’t make the trip.

CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You’ll have to think of something else, TROJAN is already being used.

royallion05 said:
... Southeastern Louisiana University is the official name. When shortened, we prefer Southeastern. When abbreviated for a news/sports story, we prefer SLU. We strongly discourage the use SELU, SELA, Southeast, Southeast Louisiana State, etc.

Hope that helps. Thanks for asking.
Good stuff! We (my wife and I) knew the official name (with "Southeastern" not Southeast") ... and noticed the use of SLU in the TV production. Trouble is, the use of SELA is pretty much ingrained as of now. Will take awhile to change that.

BTW: Assuming you were at the game, was the 'Nova tackling really as bad as it looked on TV. :)

Back