• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SELA Transfers

PlayerRep

"[QB] Virgil isn’t the only FBS transfer on Southeastern Louisiana. In fact, the Lions have 15 former FBS players on their roster, 12 of whom are on the two-deep.

Their six former FBS players on the offensive two-deep are Virgil and fellow quarterback Cole Kelley (Arkansas), running back Devonte Williams (Indiana), wide receiver Lorenzo Nunez (South Carolina), left tackle Pat Allen (Georgia) and right guard Wyatt Richthofen (Southern Mississippi).

Their defensive two-deep also has six former FBS players in linebacker Trae Davis (Alabama), defensive end Dwaine Thomas (Texas A&M), defensive tackle Steven Wright (Virginia), defensive back Xavier Lewis (LSU), and safeties Derek Turner II (Louisiana Tech) and Patrick Johnson (Wisconsin.)

The Lions have 34 total transfers on their roster counting those from junior college or other FCS teams.

“They’ve got 20 transfer players on their two-deep, which is interesting,” Hauck said. “They’ve done a great job of blending that group with their team, including 12 FBS players. A lot of good-looking athletes on their film.”

"Montana senior Dalton Sneed also played against Virgil, although they weren’t on the field at the same time since they’re both quarterbacks. In Sneed's first career start at UNLV, he outdueled Virgil in a 45-20 win on Oct. 1, 2016.

The current Grizzly completed eight of 16 passes for 129 yards with one touchdown and ran 15 times for 147 yards and one score. Virgil was just 16-of-45 passing for 296 yards with two touchdowns and one interception, while running eight times for minus-5 yards.

“I didn’t recall that, but someone mentioned it to me,” Sneed said. “I know what he’s done this year. I watched the game they played on Saturday. He’s a tremendous player. He’s a competitor. So, looking forward to going against him.”

https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/article_d27079a1-b2c1-586f-a8cd-368d91f943a0.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

From watching them play ‘Nova: We gotta dial up some pressure now and then and for the love of God don’t let them get behind the secondary.

PlayerRep said:
"[QB] Virgil isn’t the only FBS transfer on Southeastern Louisiana. In fact, the Lions have 15 former FBS players on their roster, 12 of whom are on the two-deep.

Their six former FBS players on the offensive two-deep are Virgil and fellow quarterback Cole Kelley (Arkansas), running back Devonte Williams (Indiana), wide receiver Lorenzo Nunez (South Carolina), left tackle Pat Allen (Georgia) and right guard Wyatt Richthofen (Southern Mississippi).

Their defensive two-deep also has six former FBS players in linebacker Trae Davis (Alabama), defensive end Dwaine Thomas (Texas A&M), defensive tackle Steven Wright (Virginia), defensive back Xavier Lewis (LSU), and safeties Derek Turner II (Louisiana Tech) and Patrick Johnson (Wisconsin.)

The Lions have 34 total transfers on their roster counting those from junior college or other FCS teams.

“They’ve got 20 transfer players on their two-deep, which is interesting,” Hauck said. “They’ve done a great job of blending that group with their team, including 12 FBS players. A lot of good-looking athletes on their film.”

"Montana senior Dalton Sneed also played against Virgil, although they weren’t on the field at the same time since they’re both quarterbacks. In Sneed's first career start at UNLV, he outdueled Virgil in a 45-20 win on Oct. 1, 2016.

The current Grizzly completed eight of 16 passes for 129 yards with one touchdown and ran 15 times for 147 yards and one score. Virgil was just 16-of-45 passing for 296 yards with two touchdowns and one interception, while running eight times for minus-5 yards.

“I didn’t recall that, but someone mentioned it to me,” Sneed said. “I know what he’s done this year. I watched the game they played on Saturday. He’s a tremendous player. He’s a competitor. So, looking forward to going against him.”

https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/article_d27079a1-b2c1-586f-a8cd-368d91f943a0.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

An interesting side note: We have three players on our roster who have started games at QB for FBS schools. Both Chason Virgil (Fresno State) and Cole Kelley (Arkansas) have started games at both Alabama and Ole Miss, and Lorenzo Nunez (now a WR) is the only true freshman to start a game at QB for a Steve Spurrier coached team. South Carolina moved him to WR when Will Muschamp took over but he still wanted to play QB and transferred to us in 2017. We ran a spread option attack at that time under a different staff and he was Newcomer of the Year in the SLC as a QB. When Frank Scelfo took over, he moved him back to WR.

“An interesting side note: We have three players on our roster who have started games at QB for FBS schools. Both Chason Virgil (Fresno State) and Cole Kelley (Arkansas) have started games at both Alabama and Ole Miss, and Lorenzo Nunez (now a WR) is the only true freshman to start a game at QB for a Steve Spurrier coached team. South Carolina moved him to WR when Will Muschamp took over but he still wanted to play QB and transferred to us in 2017. We ran a spread option attack at that time under a different staff and he was Newcomer of the Year in the SLC as a QB. When Frank Scelfo took over, he moved him back to WR.”

We have a 3rd string QB who started several games in high school.

Buttegrizzle said:
“An interesting side note: We have three players on our roster who have started games at QB for FBS schools. Both Chason Virgil (Fresno State) and Cole Kelley (Arkansas) have started games at both Alabama and Ole Miss, and Lorenzo Nunez (now a WR) is the only true freshman to start a game at QB for a Steve Spurrier coached team. South Carolina moved him to WR when Will Muschamp took over but he still wanted to play QB and transferred to us in 2017. We ran a spread option attack at that time under a different staff and he was Newcomer of the Year in the SLC as a QB. When Frank Scelfo took over, he moved him back to WR.”

We have a 3rd string QB who started several games in high school.

:lol:

Back