• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate to Washington?

Choate came from Washington and knows the new coach but he hasn't established anything to expect an offer from over there.

His prospects are pretty limited until he takes a championship or two with the Cats. So until then he has 4 wins over the Grizzlies (great for job security), a fondness for "sexy" plays (which is always fun no matter who you are), and a slightly better than 50 / 50 record (which means for now he may want to rent rather than buy in Bozeman).

So unless you are sitting next to him on a Horizon flight to Seattle this week I doubt he's going anywhere.

grizghost said:
..if he leaves he can always say he kicked Bobby's butt..what a great ending! lol

if he stays one more year Bobby will be on thin ice after 3 losses, and will be down the road :thumb:

Cledus said:
grizghost said:
..if he leaves he can always say he kicked Bobby's butt..what a great ending! lol

He can say he kicked Bobby’s ass right now.

But will he be able to say that he was the first choache to take the cats to the semis or farther in a generation?? Stay tuned...

Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
Nice to see a nice Spokane guy and EWU grad land that HC gig in Seattle. Go Eags!

Another guy who got out, yeah, it's the best feel good story in the Greater Spokane Area since Vision Quest.

The.Real.2506 said:
grizghost said:

if he stays one more year Bobby will be on thin ice after 3 losses, and will be down the road :thumb:
No he won’t. Unlike MSU we won’t fire the winningest coach in school history because of the Cat Griz game. Fans will be calling for it, but fans don’t matter.

Ursus1 said:
Ask Stitt if fans don't matter....all depends on what fans
The smart fans if you look at what he has achieved since leaving. The jig was up.

CDAGRIZ said:
What is Choach in his career, like .560?

100% in 4 games against the Griz, and in playoffs 2 years in a row, 80% this season so far, and seeded above the Griz this year.

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:

100% in 4 games against the Griz, and in playoffs 2 years in a row, 80% this season so far, and seeded above the Griz this year.

All facts. Pro Traj, as the kids say.

Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Bobby Hauck in his career is .597 (110-74). What exactly is your point?

I think his point is Choate is barely above .500 while at MSU. In my humble opinion he has turned their program around, but not to the levels of dominance that one would expect. All time high enrollments, very strong education programs to draw kids and four years of the same head coach. Maybe Choache has a winning formula now and will keep his coaches in place? He still needs to develop QB’s to win a natty. I am not sold on them becoming a dominant program or perennial power house. Bobby is not .597 as a head coach at U of M. I believe you are mixing in his UNLV stint, where absolutely no one has been successful. Compare BH to Choade after year 4 and we may have a fairly accurate picture of who is doing a better job. Surprisingly, the outcomes may be similar. Will be interesting to watch now that the BSC is more competitive.

Spanky2 said:
I don’t know Copper. His team looked pretty dominant when he played us, sorry to say.

Indeed they did S2, but I guess that kind of highlights the real issue. Neither the Griz or Cats are winning the natty right now because they are not dominant. Playoffs are great and happy to see 4 BSC teams in. Until one consistently gets to the national title game and beats NDS pew - they are not dominant. Choate is on year 4. BH in year 2 and he did not inherit a Cadillac. I am hopeful the Griz will RTD. Work in progress right now, but not too bad after year two.

Back