• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weather

The sites I've looked at also mention snow. One says"

"Moderating temperatures will change morning snow showers to rain showers by late day. High near 40F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 50%."

Weather probably won't be a factor, unless the snow is bigger and longer.

Paytonlives said:
40 degrees with a light rain...

Not really that bad for early December

I have always though that freezing rain is much worse than 10 degree with dry fluffy snow flakes. Rain soaking into your clothes will make you feel colder, faster than the snow.

All I'm saying is the Griz keep themselves warm on the sidelines, because I'm sure the SELA players, like the Coastal Carolina players, will. At least wear parkas to keep the body warm. Otherwise, what's the point of "warming up"?

As to noise factor, all I can say is it's a sorry team that can't inspire itself w/o outside help (noise). The Nova/SELA game had few people, low noise, but still each was inspired to win, regardless. If anything, the WaGriz noise may cause SELA players to play better, as well, excitement, that kind of thing. I doubt they'll be overwhelmed by WaGriz, if they're a NC challenging type of team. The Griz better play damned good football, regardless of weather, noise, home crowd, etc.

DrainBramage said:
Paytonlives said:
40 degrees with a light rain...

Not really that bad for early December

I have always though that freezing rain is much worse than 10 degree with dry fluffy snow flakes. Rain soaking into your clothes will make you feel colder, faster than the snow.

I totally agree. I would far rather have 25 degrees and snow than 40 and rain.

406flyfisher said:
Only pussies want to try and make weather a factor
Go out and win....

.....or don't.

No excuses, no explanations.

No one can influence the weather. The weather either is or either a factor. So, your comment makes no sense.

C'mon guys. Five pages of weather reports is ridiculously low. Gotta get moving here...still wanna see 8 pages minimum for a 40 degree day.

PlayerRep said:
406flyfisher said:
Go out and win....

.....or don't.

No one can influence the weather. The weather either is or either a factor. So, your comment makes no sense.

Say what? C'mon counselor.... as usual, you make no sense. Either is or either a factor? Lay off the smudging....

MontanaJack2006 said:
C'mon guys. Five pages of weather reports is ridiculously low. Gotta get moving here...still wanna see 8 pages minimum for a 40 degree day.

DmrNK0bUYAA_lOR

MontanaJack2006 said:
I'll try to help. :)

Models changing almost hour-to-hour (mostly Weather.com and Accuweather.com). Seems like a good chance of snow in the morning, changing to snow-rain mixed (sleet?) by game-time. I'm not big on a weather advantage, except when the conditions are really extreme. If the weather does turn into that nasty case where snowflakes alternate with rain that freezes when it hits ... that would, IMO, be a distinct advantage for the Griz.

But the reality is that the models are crap when you get out more than three-four-five days. Hell, Missoula could have bright (warm) sunshine and temps in the mid-40s. Even the only semi-drunk guys would be running around with nothing but paint on the top. :lol: :lol:

406flyfisher said:
PlayerRep said:
406flyfisher said:
Go out and win....

.....or don't.

Say what? C'mon counselor.... as usual, you make no sense. Either is or either a factor? Lay off the smudging....

Try reading. Even 2d grade level should work. Yes, weather either is or isn’t a factor, depending on the type of weather and the team. No one makes weather a favor.

Weather could impact Griz practices this week. Weather has prevented some teamsfrom landing in Missoula. Weather can decrease attendance.

PlayerRep said:
406flyfisher said:
PlayerRep said:
406flyfisher said:
Go out and win....

.....or don't.

Try reading. Even 2d grade level should work. Yes, weather either is or isn’t a factor, depending on the type of weather and the team. No one makes weather a favor.

Boys, we're getting off-track here. Can we or can we not get this weather post to 8 pages?

Sheesh, let's focus for a moment.

Does anyone want to email Mark Heyka so we can definitively know whether it's going to be 40 degrees or 42 degrees at kickoff five days from now?

I would but I think it violates a restraining order.

Also, WTF we gonna do if it gropples close to halftime? Does Haslam have a contingency plan for gropple? Bet not.

Hell weather, “weather” favors SLU. Louisiana has hurricanes, storms that drop more rain in a day than we receive all year. If rain is forecast we’re in big trouble.

Not to mention they might bring alligators! God help us if gators are loose in the stadium amongst all the snakes. Chaos for sure!

PlayerRep said:
Weather could impact Griz practices this week. Weather has prevented some teamsfrom landing in Missoula. Weather can decrease attendance.

Wether weather is determined to be a factor or the factor the weather is to factor wether there is a weather factor is wether the teams playing in the weather allow the weather to factor or determine the outcome...which brings up the question if a game is played without weather is there a outcome wether a winner is determined or is it more important that the winner stay determined no matter the weather wether or not there is weather which is more prone when games are played outside where weather is always present wether or not it is a factor wether indoors or out of dome weather of some form wether internal or external reasonably should play a factor in the outcome wether real or conceived impactful practice weather wether noticed by the ones who never played the game can impact the final outcome of games played in the weather wether good weather or poor weather.

Back