• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Was UM loss worse than Oregon loss to AZ St?

PlayerRep

Oregon was ranked no. 6 and in the hunt for the 4th spot in the FBS playoffs. AZ St was
5-5. Hadn’t had a lead in a game since Oct 12.

Now Oregon will not be in playoffs. Don’t know if loss has any impact on PAC-12 championship game.

Griz have 6th seed in playoffs, bye and the world ahead of them in the playoffs. And the sun came up today.

Ducks still win PAC12 North. Play Utah for PAC12 Championship and a trip to the Rose Bowl. Not a bad consolation prize.

PlayerRep said:
Oregon was ranked no. 6 and in the hunt for the 4th spot in the FBS playoffs. AZ St was
5-5. Hadn’t had a lead in a game since Oct 12.

Now Oregon will not be in playoffs. Don’t know if loss has any impact on PAC-12 championship game.

Griz have 6th seed in playoffs, bye and the world ahead of them in the playoffs. And the sun came up today.
Yes; UO loss had no impact; they were not going to make the top 4 and they're a lock for the PAC north. Besides, Oregon was in the game until the last. Griz were out of it very, very early. Far more shame to the Griz; men against boys.

Good to have two weeks to regroup. Would love to have Nova in Missoula; 2009 still stings.

Oregon embarrassed themselves to a mediocre 5-5 team.

Griz embarrassed themselves to a top ranked seeded team.

Griz could advance far in playoffs.

Oregon not in playoffs. I think Oregon still had shot at playoffs.

Oregon cost themselves a shot at the playoff. Griz, essentially lost a home game going from 3 -6. Hopefully they can shore up what happened in Bozo and rest up for a week.

PlayerRep said:

Oregon was never going to be in the playoffs, but are still well positioned to win the PAC12 championship. Montana knocked down to a 3-way tie for third place in the BSC. Ouch!

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Oregon was never going to be in the playoffs, but are still well positioned to win the PAC12 championship. Montana knocked down to a 3-way tie for third place in the BSC. Ouch!

This site has Utah in the driver's seat for the no. 4 FBS playoff spot, which Oregon would also have had. Think Oregon had the best path to the no. 4 slot had it beaten AZ St and taken care of business.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2019/11/24/college-football-playoff-chase-oregon-out-oklahoma-utah/4289783002/

The Griz were humiliated in front of the whole state in a rival game. Oregon was not. Montana's loss was the moon compared to Oregon's. With that being said I'll be there to cheer on the Griz in the playoffs. Go Griz!

suckit said:
Yes the griz loss is worse, who gives a damn what happens to Oregon!

Maybe about 10,000 times more people than who care about the Griz, as well as the fans or Alabama and Oklahoma who now think they have a better chance to get the no. 4 spot.

PlayerRep said:
suckit said:

Maybe about 10,000 times more people than who care about the Griz, as well as the fans or Alabama and Oklahoma who now think they have a better chance to get the no. 4 spot.
I am also a fan of college football everywhere, but I bleed maroon not green!!

suckit said:
PlayerRep said:
suckit said:

Okay, but that has nothing to do with the question that was asked.

PlayerRep said:
suckit said:
PlayerRep said:
suckit said:

Okay, but that has nothing to do with the question that was asked.
Obviously you are hampered by your own intellect so I will try help you.
I spend my time, money, and love on the Montana Grizzlies and and none on the university of Oregon.
So that would be the reason I don't give a damn about the ducks

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

This site has Utah in the driver's seat for the no. 4 FBS playoff spot, which Oregon would also have had. Think Oregon had the best path to the no. 4 slot had it beaten AZ St and taken care of business.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2019/11/24/college-football-playoff-chase-oregon-out-oklahoma-utah/4289783002/

I agree. The winner of that Pac 12 championship game had a chance at #4. Utah can still do it, but will now need "extra" help.

MontanaJack2006 said:
I actually think we make a run in December. Oregon can't.
Winning the PAC12 championship and the Rose Bowl is a "run." All teams have as their first objective to win their conf championship. Oregon has a good shot at that. UM could have been co-champs of the BSC, instead finish in a 3-way tie for third.

kemajic said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
I actually think we make a run in December. Oregon can't.
Winning the PAC12 championship and the Rose Bowl is a "run." All teams have as their first objective to win their conf championship. Oregon has a good shot at that. UM could have been co-champs of the BSC, instead finish in a 3-way tie for third.

I suppose it's a matter of semantics on what quantifies a postseason run. I just don't see a bowl as being worth anything. The gist of my way of thinking is the Griz can still win the chipper. Ducks can't.

Back