Was UM loss worse than Oregon loss to AZ St?

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
PlayerRep
Posts: 27942
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Oregon was ranked no. 6 and in the hunt for the 4th spot in the FBS playoffs. AZ St was
5-5. Hadn’t had a lead in a game since Oct 12.

Now Oregon will not be in playoffs. Don’t know if loss has any impact on PAC-12 championship game.

Griz have 6th seed in playoffs, bye and the world ahead of them in the playoffs. And the sun came up today.
User avatar
stubbins
Posts: 3795
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:12 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

No.

Ducks are out of playoffs. GRIZ are not.
The amazing thermos! Keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold...how does it know?

[#]f### Royce
MoMan
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Ducks still win PAC12 North. Play Utah for PAC12 Championship and a trip to the Rose Bowl. Not a bad consolation prize.
User avatar
dupuyer griz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3020
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Yes, Oregon didn’t lose to the cats. Worst possible scenario.
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 13167
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:56 pm
Oregon was ranked no. 6 and in the hunt for the 4th spot in the FBS playoffs. AZ St was
5-5. Hadn’t had a lead in a game since Oct 12.

Now Oregon will not be in playoffs. Don’t know if loss has any impact on PAC-12 championship game.

Griz have 6th seed in playoffs, bye and the world ahead of them in the playoffs. And the sun came up today.
Yes; UO loss had no impact; they were not going to make the top 4 and they're a lock for the PAC north. Besides, Oregon was in the game until the last. Griz were out of it very, very early. Far more shame to the Griz; men against boys.

Good to have two weeks to regroup. Would love to have Nova in Missoula; 2009 still stings.
I had a fight with a bottle of whiskey last night and the bottle of whiskey won. - Frankie Miller
PlayerRep
Posts: 27942
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Oregon embarrassed themselves to a mediocre 5-5 team.

Griz embarrassed themselves to a top ranked seeded team.

Griz could advance far in playoffs.

Oregon not in playoffs. I think Oregon still had shot at playoffs.
User avatar
putter
eGriz Club
Posts: 7354
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: GF, MT

Oregon cost themselves a shot at the playoff. Griz, essentially lost a home game going from 3 -6. Hopefully they can shore up what happened in Bozo and rest up for a week.
So Let me get this straight.....Muslim terrorists fly planes into buildings and we are not supposed to judge all Muslim's for the actions of a few. A few crazy Americans commit heinous acts with guns but it is OK to condemn all gun owning Americans.. there is our congress for you.
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 13167
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 pm
Oregon embarrassed themselves to a mediocre 5-5 team.

Griz embarrassed themselves to a top ranked seeded team.

Griz could advance far in playoffs.

Oregon not in playoffs. I think Oregon still had shot at playoffs.
Oregon was never going to be in the playoffs, but are still well positioned to win the PAC12 championship. Montana knocked down to a 3-way tie for third place in the BSC. Ouch!
I had a fight with a bottle of whiskey last night and the bottle of whiskey won. - Frankie Miller
User avatar
cclarkblues
Moderator
Posts: 7454
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: The flatlands - Blgs

One of us is going to the playoffs.

One of us isn't.
The Dude Abides
MontanaJack2006
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 pm

I actually think we make a run in December. Oregon can't.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27942
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

kemajic wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:15 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 pm
Oregon embarrassed themselves to a mediocre 5-5 team.

Griz embarrassed themselves to a top ranked seeded team.

Griz could advance far in playoffs.

Oregon not in playoffs. I think Oregon still had shot at playoffs.
Oregon was never going to be in the playoffs, but are still well positioned to win the PAC12 championship. Montana knocked down to a 3-way tie for third place in the BSC. Ouch!
This site has Utah in the driver's seat for the no. 4 FBS playoff spot, which Oregon would also have had. Think Oregon had the best path to the no. 4 slot had it beaten AZ St and taken care of business.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 289783002/
suckit
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Yes the griz loss is worse, who gives a damn what happens to Oregon!
grizaremoregooder
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:31 am

The Griz were humiliated in front of the whole state in a rival game. Oregon was not. Montana's loss was the moon compared to Oregon's. With that being said I'll be there to cheer on the Griz in the playoffs. Go Griz!
PlayerRep
Posts: 27942
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

suckit wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 pm
Yes the griz loss is worse, who gives a damn what happens to Oregon!
Maybe about 10,000 times more people than who care about the Griz, as well as the fans or Alabama and Oklahoma who now think they have a better chance to get the no. 4 spot.
suckit
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:04 pm
suckit wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 pm
Yes the griz loss is worse, who gives a damn what happens to Oregon!
Maybe about 10,000 times more people than who care about the Griz, as well as the fans or Alabama and Oklahoma who now think they have a better chance to get the no. 4 spot.
I am also a fan of college football everywhere, but I bleed maroon not green!!
PlayerRep
Posts: 27942
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

suckit wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:10 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:04 pm
suckit wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 pm
Yes the griz loss is worse, who gives a damn what happens to Oregon!
Maybe about 10,000 times more people than who care about the Griz, as well as the fans or Alabama and Oklahoma who now think they have a better chance to get the no. 4 spot.
I am also a fan of college football everywhere, but I bleed maroon not green!!
Okay, but that has nothing to do with the question that was asked.
suckit
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:34 pm
suckit wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:10 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:04 pm
suckit wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 pm
Yes the griz loss is worse, who gives a damn what happens to Oregon!
Maybe about 10,000 times more people than who care about the Griz, as well as the fans or Alabama and Oklahoma who now think they have a better chance to get the no. 4 spot.
I am also a fan of college football everywhere, but I bleed maroon not green!!
Okay, but that has nothing to do with the question that was asked.
Obviously you are hampered by your own intellect so I will try help you.
I spend my time, money, and love on the Montana Grizzlies and and none on the university of Oregon.
So that would be the reason I don't give a damn about the ducks
AZDoc
Posts: 4143
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:00 pm
Location: Back in AZ

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:58 pm
kemajic wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:15 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 pm
Oregon embarrassed themselves to a mediocre 5-5 team.

Griz embarrassed themselves to a top ranked seeded team.

Griz could advance far in playoffs.

Oregon not in playoffs. I think Oregon still had shot at playoffs.
Oregon was never going to be in the playoffs, but are still well positioned to win the PAC12 championship. Montana knocked down to a 3-way tie for third place in the BSC. Ouch!
This site has Utah in the driver's seat for the no. 4 FBS playoff spot, which Oregon would also have had. Think Oregon had the best path to the no. 4 slot had it beaten AZ St and taken care of business.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 289783002/
I agree. The winner of that Pac 12 championship game had a chance at #4. Utah can still do it, but will now need "extra" help.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 13167
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

MontanaJack2006 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:55 pm
I actually think we make a run in December. Oregon can't.
Winning the PAC12 championship and the Rose Bowl is a "run." All teams have as their first objective to win their conf championship. Oregon has a good shot at that. UM could have been co-champs of the BSC, instead finish in a 3-way tie for third.
I had a fight with a bottle of whiskey last night and the bottle of whiskey won. - Frankie Miller
MontanaJack2006
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 pm

kemajic wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm
MontanaJack2006 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:55 pm
I actually think we make a run in December. Oregon can't.
Winning the PAC12 championship and the Rose Bowl is a "run." All teams have as their first objective to win their conf championship. Oregon has a good shot at that. UM could have been co-champs of the BSC, instead finish in a 3-way tie for third.
I suppose it's a matter of semantics on what quantifies a postseason run. I just don't see a bowl as being worth anything. The gist of my way of thinking is the Griz can still win the chipper. Ducks can't.
Post Reply