• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Southern Cats Predictions

WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:
I'll give you Sac State, but Weber was supposed to beat ND, who won't be ranked anymore, and UCD is so far off the poll that they aren't getting a vote. If they only lost to Weber, you would have a point.

Weber has 4 top 25 wins, two against teams currently in the top 10. Two of those teams arent ranked now because they lost to Weber.

If we went by your logic, Montana's best win was over Monmouth, since they are the only ranked team currently that Montana has beaten. And Montana's win over then highly ranked UC Davis means absolutely nothing.

My logic is Weber's ranking is like Kennesaw's ranking was. The only difference is Weber didn't beat 2 teams from the NAIA.

As far as those teams not being ranked because Weber beat them, UCD losing 4 other games had nothing to do with it? UND lost 3 others...

If Weber doesnt deserve their Ranking than neither does Montana. Since Montana's win over UC Davis means nothing, than Montana has no meaninful wins either, since Monmouth wasnt ranked when the griz beat them.

Weber totally deserves to be where they are ranked! You have a great program, high quality players, and a great coach down there! That being said, I hope the Griz beat you on Saturday! It’s going to be a great match up! All teams can do is win the games on their schedule, and in the end, everything falls in place in the playoffs! I’m rooting for you guys to take 2nd in the FCS this year!

WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:
I'll give you Sac State, but Weber was supposed to beat ND, who won't be ranked anymore, and UCD is so far off the poll that they aren't getting a vote. If they only lost to Weber, you would have a point.

Weber has 4 top 25 wins, two against teams currently in the top 10. Two of those teams arent ranked now because they lost to Weber.

If we went by your logic, Montana's best win was over Monmouth, since they are the only ranked team currently that Montana has beaten. And Montana's win over then highly ranked UC Davis means absolutely nothing.

My logic is Weber's ranking is like Kennesaw's ranking was. The only difference is Weber didn't beat 2 teams from the NAIA.

As far as those teams not being ranked because Weber beat them, UCD losing 4 other games had nothing to do with it? UND lost 3 others...

If Weber doesnt deserve their Ranking than neither does Montana. Since Montana's win over UC Davis means nothing, than Montana has no meaninful wins either, since Monmouth wasnt ranked when the griz beat them.

Where did I say anything about Montana deserving to be ranked? I don't think there should be any rankings. ND ST. isn't blowing anybody away with their mostly patsy strength of schedule, but the road to the Championship runs through their climate controlled shelter. Their Home field advantage is huge.

It should be every team with 7 plus wins thrown into a hat or a lottery ball number system.

The favortism aspect is evident in Alabama, for instance... Ranked #1 or #2 most of the season, but they didn't even play anybody until yesterday.

Injuries adding up on Griz offense (Sneed and Akem) Plus side o-line domination of good Idaho front seven.
With 12 and 13 personnel Griz Qb need to get TEs more involved in passing game.
Look for JLM bounce back, Toure, and Roberts are physical enough to win one on one plays.
Knight is solid and Otmos is getting more touches (freshman of the year)
Would like to see more players in Safety rotation...not saying anyone is playing bad, just like keeping more fresh bodies in game.
Outside Olson, Lewis, and Calhoun everyone else need to be in rotation.
Griz 38 - Weber 23

Cuervohola said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:
WILDCATFAN said:

Where did I say anything about Montana deserving to be ranked? I don't think there should be any rankings. ND ST. isn't blowing anybody away with their mostly patsy strength of schedule, but the road to the Championship runs through their climate controlled shelter. Their Home field advantage is huge.

It should be every team with 7 plus wins thrown into a hat or a lottery ball number system.

The favortism aspect is evident in Alabama, for instance... Ranked #1 or #2 most of the season, but they didn't even play anybody until yesterday.

I never said you did, you said we haven't played anybody good, has Montana?

Weber is #3 for a reason, they are undefeated against the FCS including 4 top 25 wins whether you believe they are worthy wins or not. Montana is ranked where they are for a reason, they are 8-2 with only 1 fcs loss to a top 10 team.

Should make for a good one

WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:

Weber is #3 for a reason, they are undefeated against the FCS including 4 top 25 wins whether you believe they are worthy wins or not. Montana is ranked where they are for a reason, they are 8-2 with only 1 fcs loss to a top 10 team.

Only 4 teams in the top 25 have played against impressive 1-A competition...

SD State... Minnesota
Montana... Oregon
Towson... Florida
Wofford... Clemson

As far as the rankings, Montana will be 3rd or 4th, and vice versa for Weber, but Weber didn't do any favors for themselves yesterday.

Cuervohola said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Cuervohola said:
WILDCATFAN said:

Only 4 teams in the top 25 have played against impressive 1-A competition...

SD State... Minnesota
Montana... Oregon
Towson... Florida
Wofford... Clemson

As far as the rankings, Montana will be 3rd or 4th, and vice versa for Weber, but Weber didn't do any favors for themselves yesterday.

Maybe they did. A game like they had yesterday might help to humble a team and can be used as a lesson to help the team back on track. In short it may have been the game Weber needed

I think it will be a good game. The advantage has to go to UM on your home turf. I think that our teams have a similar style of play. Should be interesting to say the least. :clap:

oldrunner said:
I think it will be a good game. The advantage has to go to UM on your home turf. I think that our teams have a similar style of play. Should be interesting to say the least. :clap:

One of the things that makes this team so dangerous IMO is they don't rely on one particular "style" of play. They can throw it all over with Sneed and co, or go ground and pound with Knight and Ostmo, depending on what the defense is giving them. But I agree, this should be a real knock down drag out affair.

I’m going to go with the old standby....I think we win by 15+. Somebody has to say it!!

Griz 35
Weber 20

Griz will probably be favored by about 3. Weber seems to play to our strength- stopping the run. 24-17 griz.

Is Akem at full strength? That will be important. If not JLM needs lots of touches - no matter how he gets them. This is a slugfest.

Webs -- 24 (17 in first half)
Griz -- 34 (14 in first half)

Back