• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Humphrey question.

OrgonGriz

Humphrey filled in admirably for Sneed. He showed some good flashes and some not so good in the games leading up to the Vandal game. In the Vandal game he looked pretty darn rough. I know it’s one game, but I will be honest he gives me concerns for next year. Maybe it’s just me?

I think Idaho had better secondary coverage than anyone else that we have played. Outside of the TD to a wide open Toure, they were right on all of our receivers and usually with 2 or 3 at a time. Maybe, better coverage than anyone ever expected on our side.

Told my dad even before the game that every QB has a rough game once in a while and that after Cam had 2 good games I was nervous this could be the one. That’s all it was in my opinion and I am not nervous about him or his play for next season at all.

Idaho Coverage was really, really good. Damn near every Griz throw, save one or two was contested by at least two defenders. I still don't see how our great wide receivers were being covered and without any pass interference calls. Go Griz

I would be surprised if the Griz don't get a tranfer in the compete with Cam next year. There is literally no one behind him with in game experience. Depth is a big deal at any position including quarterback. I doubt the Griz win the Eastern or Portland games without Cam.

grizaremoregooder said:
I would be surprised if the Griz don't get a tranfer in the compete with Cam next year. There is literally no one behind him with in game experience. Depth is a big deal at any position including quarterback. I doubt the Griz win the Eastern or Portland games without Cam.

Brown will be a RS-F and we'll have Rostad...hopefully they'll compete. Also Graves if he stays at QB

No Concern
But, stealing a Transfer the kittens are after, just for competition sake would be a No Brainer

I don't think Graves will be our future QB. Possibly on occasion you may see him in one of those AG state we really don't have a QB formations but I see him reeking havoc elsewhere.

I see a qualified transfer in the off season that is capable of going head to head with Humphrey.

How much eligibility does that Jensen kid have left? Kidding.

Losing Akem hurt the passing game.

LOVE Roberts’ hands, but replacing Akem is a tall order. Also seemed weird that no passes were thrown JLM’s way all day. Just a strange passing day all the way around....

Cam has been going to his first read or designed route for the play almost every time. That’s what happened son the first pick. The second was just a bad throw when on the run. They guy also hasn’t seen much live action. 2 games is not enough to be settled and he knew going into the day that sneed was going to play some anyway. He probably was a little unsettled. Compounded his issues and we saw the results. He can play and probably would have been fine yesterday after we got him settled. I’m sure we will see a transfer come in this spring. Graves won’t be a QB and we will want a 4 QB room. If the staff loves Brown and think he’s the next multi year starter, then we’ll take another QB out of HS but if not...we should see a transfer to come compete.

AZGrizFan said:

LOVE Roberts’ hands, but replacing Akem is a tall order. Also seemed weird that no passes were thrown JLM’s way all day. Just a strange passing day all the way around....

Humphreys first INT was thrown to JLM.

RayWill said:
AZGrizFan said:

I was referencing that JLM had ZERO catches yesterday....I realize they tried a couple times, but really not many. Not even a bubble screen....

RayWill said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sneed also tried to hit JLM two other times. One wheel that was a great throw and was probably a TD but the defender got his hand on it barely. The other was a slant and go maybe..it was overthrown.

AZGrizFan said:

JLM was targeted but really good defensive play prevented him from making several catches.

Thuggery aside, that was probably the best DB coverage you’ve seen from an opponent this season. Tight windows to throw into. Cam missed some reads, the INT thrown in JLM’s direction was ill-advised into four white shirts & the one to Akem was under thrown. It was his third game as the starter & he’d been good enough in the first two that you didn’t expect to see him struggle that much. Rivalry game, etc. He needs more reps/experience & coaching. But I don’t expect him to go into 2020 unchallenged. Hauck doesn’t operate that way.

I see the QB room next year as; Humphrey, Brown, Rostad, and TBA. I could be wrong but I'm guessing Graves backs up Lewis and Welnel at LB.

Back