• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

It's Official!

GGNez

DONOR
You know....was just talkin' football with my mom:

Mom: what did you mean yesterday when I texted ‘Go Griz’ then you texted back ‘Bobby Ball’?

Me: Mom. Bobby Hauck is the coach; you know – I wrote about him in the Missoulian? Bobby Ball is about Bobby Hauck. When the Griz are winning regardless of whether Sneed or Cam is QB, when we recover fumbles, pick off the ball, endzone receptions….when we can go into halftime, up by less than a touchdown, and celebrate with confidence because we are a second half team; an unstoppable force in the final 30 minutes! Grizzly Football is exciting to watch, and we are RTD-ing! That’s Bobby Ball.

Mom: Oh, I get it. I didn’t watch much of the game, but it was on here. I saw when that one Cam Newton guy threw it all the way down to the end and we got a touchdown!

Me: It’s Cam Humphrey. And, Sneed played yesterday.

Mom: I love Sneed! He’s really good. Did you watch that other game where North Dakota almost won but then it was down to the last part of the game and North Dakota was two points ahead but then the other team did that play where you get three points then North Dakota lost? I think it was North Dakota….?

Me: I missed that game. It’s a field goal….the three-point thing….they kick a field goal…

(step-dad in background, announcing his arrival home)

Mom, to step-dad, excitedly: HEY!! The Grizzlies are officially in Bobby Ball!!

Him: What?

Mom: Bobby Hauck the coach is having them do interceptions and they are winning a lot! They play really good after halftime plus Cam Newton can win just as much as Sneed, the regular guy, and the real fans say that it’s Bobby Ball now!!

Him: (chuckles) Wow! That is great news!

GGNez said:
You know....was just talkin' football with my mom:

Mom: what did you mean yesterday when I texted ‘Go Griz’ then you texted back ‘Bobby Ball’?

Me: Mom. Bobby Hauck is the coach; you know – I wrote about him in the Missoulian? Bobby Ball is about Bobby Hauck. When the Griz are winning regardless of whether Sneed or Cam is QB, when we recover fumbles, pick off the ball, endzone receptions….when we can go into halftime, up by less than a touchdown, and celebrate with confidence because we are a second half team; an unstoppable force in the final 30 minutes! Grizzly Football is exciting to watch, and we are RTD-ing! That’s Bobby Ball.

Mom: Oh, I get it. I didn’t watch much of the game, but it was on here. I saw when that one Cam Newton guy threw it all the way down to the end and we got a touchdown!

Me: It’s Cam Humphrey. And, Sneed played yesterday.

Mom: I love Sneed! He’s really good. Did you watch that other game where North Dakota almost won but then it was down to the last part of the game and North Dakota was two points ahead but then the other team did that play where you get three points then North Dakota lost? I think it was North Dakota….?

Me: I missed that game. It’s a field goal….the three-point thing….they kick a field goal…

(step-dad in background, announcing his arrival home)

Mom, to step-dad, excitedly: HEY!! The Grizzlies are officially in Bobby Ball!!

Him: What?

Mom: Bobby Hauck the coach is having them do interceptions and they are winning a lot! They play really good after halftime plus Cam Newton can win just as much as Sneed, the regular guy, and the real fans say that it’s Bobby Ball now!!

Him: (chuckles) Wow! That is great news!
I assume your Mom is not from Butte like my wife!

Reminds me of listening to my mom when she was still alive. Thanks! It just goes to show you don't have to know a lot about football to be a fan.

Back