• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sagarin Ratings!

5 Oregon**

Top 10 FCS
39 North Dakota State
67 James Madison
87 Montana*
90 Weber State*
96 South Dakota State
101 Dartmouth
105 Sacramento State*
108 Northern Iowa
120 Illinois State
121 Eastern Washington*
Next 10
123 Montana State*
125 Furman
126 UC Davis*
129 Towson
130 Princeton
131 Villanova
132 Southern Illinois
135 SE Louisiana
136 Maine
137 Wofford
Next 10
139 Sam Houston St
141 Yale
142 SE Missouri St
143 South Dakota**
144 Austin Peay
145 North Dakota
146 Monmouth**
147 New Hampshire
150 Nicholls State
151 Idaho*
* Big Sky Conference, ** Griz non-conference opponents

FCS Conference Ratings

1. Missouri Valley
2. Big Sky
3. Colonial
4. Ivy League
5. Southland
6. Ohio Valley
7. Southern
8. Patriot
9. Northeast
10. SWAC-West
11. Big South
12. Mid-Eastern
13. SWAC-East
14. Pioneer

Quick, does anybody know what happens with the autobid if UM beats Weber but ends up tied with them in Sagarin?

(Assuming wins by sac, Weber, and UM, otherwise)

tenor.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
Quick, does anybody know what happens with the autobid if UM beats Weber but ends up tied with them in Sagarin?

Assuming Griz win out autobid is meaningless Griz will be seeded in the top four.

catsack said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Assuming Griz win out autobid is meaningless Griz will be seeded in the top four.

Sure, but how would it be decided? I mean, the BSC has to submit somebody for the autobid. Pretty sure they can’t just tell the Committee, “we’re all in the field, so don’t worry about it.”

CDAGRIZ said:
catsack said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sure, but how would it be decided? I mean, the BSC has to submit somebody for the autobid. Pretty sure they can’t just tell the Committee, “we’re all in the field, so don’t worry about it.”

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2012/10/25/FB_1025124525.aspx

CDAGRIZ said:

Why would that old App State receiver know the answer to the BSC craziness?
0923_ls_D01_app_state_5_col_Color_t400_h489eecde7bb8791462722d3fd489014209ab0dd8.jpg

But no worries, I know. It goes to a coin toss. With a two-headed coin. If it's tails, the favorite team (Weber, in this instance, because they're the conference's hometown team) wins the autobid. If it's heads, then Montana doesn't win it. Sac State wins the autobid if the third option of landing on its side happens. At least it's cut-and-dry. I can't tell you what happens when the fourth option of the coin comes into play...

DoubleNicks said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Why would that old App State receiver know the answer to the BSC craziness?
0923_ls_D01_app_state_5_col_Color_t400_h489eecde7bb8791462722d3fd489014209ab0dd8.jpg

But no worries, I know. It goes to a coin toss. With a two-headed coin. If it's tails, the favorite team (Weber, in this instance, because they're the conference's hometown team) wins the autobid. If it's heads, then Montana doesn't win it. Sac State wins the autobid if the third option of landing on its side happens. At least it's cut-and-dry. I can't tell you what happens when the fourth option of the coin comes into play...

Thanks. I was wondering about the coin flip with three teams. I wonder who Bobby’s coin guy is. We need to make sure we have a good coin guy.

CDAGRIZ said:

Interesting question. I think in the Big Sky it then goes to points for and points against. But, I could be wrong.

(I know, the last time I put I could be wrong led to a bunch of shit.)

Edit: Ha. I'm wrong. here is the rules from the BigSky .pdf for football.

TIE-BREAKER
When two or more Conference members are tied in the final Conference standings, the tie shall be
broken for purposes of determining the NCAA FCS automatic bid only, and shall be determined on
the following basis:
1. Head-to-head Competition
2. Record against common CONFERENCE opponents in descending order
3. Record against common NON-CONFERENCE opponents
4. Sagarin Rating
5. Coin Flip

Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
catsack said:
CDAGRIZ said:

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2012/10/25/FB_1025124525.aspx

It’s absolutely awesome to see it actually written out like that. Common opponents only count is they were scheduled as conference games, and non-conference common opponents only count if they were non-conference games, even if in conference. And non-conference opponents played as conference opponents only count if they are in common. So, if we go to the three-way coin flip, who gets the bye in the first round of the coin flip? Is it the team who won the most conference games against non-conference teams, or the one who won the most against conference teams in non-conference games? What if that’s tied? Coin flip?

grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Interesting question. I think in the Big Sky it then goes to points for and points against. But, I could be wrong. Sagarin doesn't matter at all for the autobid.

Sagarin is the tie-breaker before the coin flip.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Interesting question. I think in the Big Sky it then goes to points for and points against. But, I could be wrong. Sagarin doesn't matter at all for the autobid.

Sagarin is the tie-breaker before the coin flip.
Yeah. I just found the rules. That is some crazy shit.

I edited my post.

Back