• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helmets for tomorrow

Da Boyz Mom

DONOR
Helmets for military appreciation day tomorrow are sweeeeet. Thanks to all who have served!

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1192934748957470720?s=20

Da Boyz Mom said:
Helmets for military appreciation day tomorrow are sweeeeet. Thanks to all who have served!

I think it is pretty cool that we're now honoring those that served...a little different than 1972.

Da Boyz Mom said:

Folks in Butte should be happy, I think Evel wore this when he tried to jump Snake River Canyon.
(This is no disrespect to any Vets, Rememberance Day is huge here in Canada) it's just a bad looking helmet. IMO.

CDAGRIZ said:
Pretty rad.

CDA please don't take this as aimed at you. It isn't. I'm simply using your post to provide context to my post. Yes, it is cool that the Griz are honoring service to our country. The helmets are cool. But let's not get too caught up in cool helmets and lose track of what the Griz are honoring. It is estimated that there are over 40,000 Vietnam vets that are homeless; it is estimated that 50,000 to 100,000 Vietnam vets have committed suicide; it is estimated that there are 200,000 Vietnam vets that still suffer from ptsd; so the helmets need to be considered more than "cool"...they need to reflect what is being honored...men and women that have served this country, and whether they've given their lives in combat or, sadly, given their lives in who knows what kind of hell they lived in following their service. Again CDA, this isn't directed at you...I really do like the helmets, but I ask that we keep in mind the terrible toll that some people have paid in service to our country.

SaskGriz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Folks in Butte should be happy, I think Evel wore this when he tried to jump Snake River Canyon.
(This is no disrespect to any Vets, Rememberance Day is huge here in Canada) it's just a bad looking helmet. IMO.

Spent a couple of Rememberance Days in Canada. Love the poppies. We used to do that but it has slowly eroded here with time. Less arrogance and more rememberance there.

grizpaws said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Pretty rad.

CDA please don't take this as aimed at you. It isn't. I'm simply using your post to provide context to my post. Yes, it is cool that the Griz are honoring service to our country. The helmets are cool. But let's not get too caught up in cool helmets and lose track of what the Griz are honoring. It is estimated that there are over 40,000 Vietnam vets that are homeless; it is estimated that 50,000 to 100,000 Vietnam vets have committed suicide; it is estimated that there are 200,000 Vietnam vets that still suffer from ptsd; so the helmets need to be considered more than "cool"...they need to reflect what is being honored...men and women that have served this country, and whether they've given their lives in combat or, sadly, given their lives in who knows what kind of hell they lived in following their service. Again CDA, this isn't directed at you...I really do like the helmets, but I ask that we keep in mind the terrible toll that some people have paid in service to our country.

You’re right, man. On all counts. The helmets look cool, IMO, but should give a reminder beyond that. Great post.

Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Spent a couple of Rememberance Days in Canada. Love the poppies. We used to do that but it has slowly eroded here with time. Less arrogance and more rememberance there.

Thanks for saying that, it means a lot to us up here. I teach school and lots of boys in ties and jackets and lots of girls in black dresses. And lots of veterans at our school today for the ceremonies. "In Flander's Fields....."

SaskGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Thanks for saying that, it means a lot to us up here. I teach school and lots of boys in ties and jackets and lots of girls in black dresses. And lots of veterans at our school today for the ceremonies. "In Flander's Fields....."

Pretty impressive when you walk out of a convenience store and a young lady, who's a complete stranger, pins a poppy on your coat, smiles and walks away in silence.

Between the crosses, row on row...

Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:

Pretty impressive when you walk out of a convenience store and a young lady, who's a complete stranger, pins a poppy on your coat, smiles and walks away in silence.

Between the crosses, row on row...

I don't know any emojis for God Bless or Amen or I hope all your loved ones find their way home tonight, and bless the souls of all the people who died so that we can be where we are; but....yeah, that.

I am in Alberta every year since 2002 over this weekend which is Remembrance Day north of the border and Veterans Day on our side. I proudly wear the red poppy offered to me to remember those in Canada who fought along side our soldiers. Sadly, it's a four day weekend for most schools at least in Montana, yet these kids are indifferent to the meaning of their extra days off. Not true north of the border, at least in Alberta. Everyone wears red poppies and students per my friends have it drilled in their heads what their Monday off is all about.

SaskGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

406flyfisher said:
I am in Alberta every year since 2002 over this weekend which is Remembrance Day north of the border and Veterans Day on our side. I proudly wear the red poppy offered to me to remember those in Canada who fought along side our soldiers. Sadly, it's a four day weekend for most schools at least in Montana, yet these kids are indifferent to the meaning of their extra days off. Not true north of the border, at least in Alberta. Everyone wears red poppies and students per my friends have it drilled in their heads what their Monday off is all about.

SaskGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:

Thanks for posting that. Lot of our kids are jacked about the day off as well, don't think we'd have been any different when we were that age. Though it is nice to see students understanding what it means, even if they can't every know just what it meant.

Cuervohola said:
Those are great helmets.

I loved seeing that Warthog also...

I've always loved that plane. I wish it were a two seater so I could have flown in one (I guess there was a two seater somewhere but only one and retired). Interesting facts about the plane: https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a18236/why-the-a-10-warthog-is-such-a-badass-plane/

grizpaws said:
Cuervohola said:
Those are great helmets.

I loved seeing that Warthog also...

I've always loved that plane. I wish it were a two seater so I could have flown in one (I guess there was a two seater somewhere but only one and retired). Interesting facts about the plane: https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a18236/why-the-a-10-warthog-is-such-a-badass-plane/

Yeah, they are Badass... Saw a couple above in Iraq getting somewhere quick, which was different than the usual F-18's.

Back