• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kitties no longer in the top 10

Isn’t the whole point of the swinging-gate play to threaten to PASS behind the swinging gate?
Is that really a threat when you run it with a wildcat QB?
On 4th down?

garizzalies said:
Here’s what I don’t get about the Bubcat “Offense.”

We all joke about how their WR or LB takes more snaps at the QB position than at their own positions. And that is certainly dumb all by itself, but it’s only half the dumbness. If you dig deeper, you’ll see how truly stupid their O is.

I think their “QB” actually took more snaps at WR yesterday than his own position.

Think about that for a sec. The point of going to a Wildcat formation is to take out your QB and put in an extra blocker. Their version defeats the whole purpose. So super dumb. Makes no sense. They’d be so better off if they just went full-on option, with the LB and the WR. And hell, bring in another guard for the “QB.”
True wildcat has the qb on the field.

The kitten beat writer said it well

"MSU ran four plays from the Sac 2-yard line. Dariyn Choates and Elijah Chambers came up with three straight tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage, and Chambers combined with safety Caelan Barnes to stuff Jonsen on fourth and goal to kill MSU’s rally and give the Hornets the ball again with nine minutes to play.

“That was the tale of the tape today,” Choate said. “Compliments to Sacramento State. I feel like they beat us on both sides. That’s something we have clearly hung our hat on around here and our inability to win those short yardage situations were a big factor in the game.”

If that isn't SEXY, what is?

catsack said:
garizzalies said:

We all joke about how their WR or LB takes more snaps at the QB position than at their own positions. And that is certainly dumb all by itself, but it’s only half the dumbness. If you dig deeper, you’ll see how truly stupid their O is.

I think their “QB” actually took more snaps at WR yesterday than his own position.

Think about that for a sec. The point of going to a Wildcat formation is to take out your QB and put in an extra blocker. Their version defeats the whole purpose. So super dumb. Makes no sense. They’d be so better off if they just went full-on option, with the LB and the WR. And hell, bring in another guard for the “QB.”
True wildcat has the qb on the field.
Not sure what you mean exactly.
I think they’d be better off going “true” option. And if they committed to it 100% instead of the Human Centipede QB, they might be like Kennesaw State. They could call themselves Chainsaw State. Just do a whole new re-brand; the fans already have the carharts

garizzalies said:

I'm totally amazed the Cats can make this offense work. Even with all the different formations it is sooooooo predictable. Whenever they lined up with anyone other than Rovig at QB I said "They aren't going to pass." and they never did. How hard is it to scheme for that when even someone like me can call the defensive play?

daGrizJ said:
garizzalies said:

I'm totally amazed the Cats can make this offense work. Even with all the different formations it is sooooooo predictable. Whenever they lined up with anyone other than Rovig at QB I said "They aren't going to pass." and they never did. How hard is it to scheme for that when even someone like me can call the defensive play?

Works against inferior players athletically....but when you go head to head with equal or better athletes it is doomed. Sac showed it, lucky for Scats their schedule is full of weaker opponents. Come end of season/playoffs it wont get them far. The fact they rely on it doesn't bode well for their wunderkind OC. I hope they keep doing it so don't develop a real offense and keep getting Anderson and Jonson hit time after time so come November the Griz D will have a field day.

daGrizJ said:
garizzalies said:

You for sure couldn’t call a defensive game and beat the cats. They are still our toughest game of the season.

WaGriz4life said:
daGrizJ said:
garizzalies said:

You for sure couldn’t call a defensive game and beat the cats. They are still our toughest game of the season.
The toughest mental wise, other than that...... :roll:

garizzalies said:

I don't like their offense but they line him up at wr so that the defense can't substitute. They're trying to catch them with the wrong personnel in. It's not uncommon, I just think it's Mickey mouse shit making it a large part of your offense. Not something you do if you have a QB that can run your offense.

casewinter13 said:
garizzalies said:

I don't like their offense but they line him up at wr so that the defense can't substitute. They're trying to catch them with the wrong personnel in. It's not uncommon, I just think it's Mickey mouse shit making it a large part of your offense. Not something you do if you have a QB that can run your offense.
I understand the concept just fine; but I’m struggling with its application in this context.
The Defense does not need the O’s permission to substitute. Usually the D won’t sub unless the O does; otherwise, as Payton Manning popularized, a decent QB will catch them with 12 men on the field. That is not at all what the boobcats are doing. I believe RSBV spent more Offensive snaps at WR and/or on the sidleline than as a QB. It was not being used sparingly to catch SuckSt off guard, or with to many players. It was their primary O. Thus, if anyone is being “caught in the wrong personnel,” it’s the boobcats, and by their own design! :lol:

"Cats only run like 10 plays."

If I remember correctly, the Scats threw 2 passes in a game and still beat Griz at home. I think the Griz are a better team, but the Bobcats lack of offensive plays doesn't hold much water.

Kitties ranked 12th..

Griz 6th..

Kennesaw State still 4th after winning their 5th game... They have a stalwart schedule, including 2 teams that are NAIA.

That tells you all you need to know about the morons that vote for that poll.

Back