• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats - Sac State

jcu27 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
jcu27 said:
I think Griz will shut Sac st down. We got a pretty damn good team. MSPoo sucks badly. But sac is legit. Probably 3rd best team in the big sigh.

I like you’re enthusiasm, and hope you’re right. This sac team looks a bit too solid to hope for a blowout, but I didn’t think we’d blow out ISU either

Well might not necessarily blow them out but I believe we will make them one dimensional and hold them to less than 24 points. I think we win by 2+ tds. I fully believe The Griz are a top 4 team nationally. Maybe better. From everything I've saw out of the fcs this year, we are a force to be reckoned with. I also knew all year long Blowzmen blows. Men. Weak ass schedule played to their advantage and our fairly tough schedule has made us better. I think the Oregon game really helped our team.

I want so badly to have this kind of confidence in a Griz team again. I’m just not there yet. We’ve been burned enough the last few years with strong starts and poor finishes that I think I’ve got some PTSD going on. I’m cautiously optimistic, and weary of Sac St. I think UM should win that game, but could definitely see them losing as well if they don’t play to their potential

I certainly feel the Cats have not taken the “next step” from last year to this year. They will have to find a way to forget this game and not let it shake their confidence or they could reel off 2-3 losses in a row. Not that that would be a bad thing. Then they would have to still play us as well and I just think we are a more legitmate FCS contender.

I don't think Choate is ever going to cultivate a good passing quarterback as he just keeps rotating them and then abandoning them at the first sign of trouble. At some point you have to take your lumps and let a guy work through it and gain some confidence.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
jcu27 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
jcu27 said:
I think Griz will shut Sac st down. We got a pretty damn good team. MSPoo sucks badly. But sac is legit. Probably 3rd best team in the big sigh.

I like you’re enthusiasm, and hope you’re right. This sac team looks a bit too solid to hope for a blowout, but I didn’t think we’d blow out ISU either

Well might not necessarily blow them out but I believe we will make them one dimensional and hold them to less than 24 points. I think we win by 2+ tds. I fully believe The Griz are a top 4 team nationally. Maybe better. From everything I've saw out of the fcs this year, we are a force to be reckoned with. I also knew all year long Blowzmen blows. Men. Weak ass schedule played to their advantage and our fairly tough schedule has made us better. I think the Oregon game really helped our team.

I want so badly to have this kind of confidence in a Griz team again. I’m just not there yet. We’ve been burned enough the last few years with strong starts and poor finishes that I think I’ve got some PTSD going on. I’m cautiously optimistic, and weary of Sac St. I think UM should win that game, but could definitely see them losing as well if they don’t play to their potential

I hear you but dont you think we look different than the past few years? We have alot more bite this year and we have some momentum. Bobby will keep them grounded but preserve their confidence. Unlike the Cats I feel we truly have taken a step forward. Maybe we arent ready to beat NDSU in the National Championship but I think we could at least make the FCS nation take notice.

zootownrox said:
I don't think Choate is ever going to cultivate a good passing quarterback as he just keeps rotating them and then abandoning them at the first sign of trouble. At some point you have to take your lumps and let a guy work through it and gain some confidence.

True. Maybe he feels a lot of pressure to win now in year 4 after two losing years for the first two. Not sure he feels secure enough to take a chance losing several games at this point due to an inexperienced QB. I think he will run Jonsen and/or TA ragged first.

Ok. Was traveling out east to the antelope hunt and heard this game on the radio A few things jumped out at me:
1) we are so lucky to have Riley C
2) the Griz are going to need to put some kind of pressure on Sac’s QB
3) Contain the Cats from running outside, they got nothing else.
4) Sacto is good but Griz are better
5). The Cats...exposed. Bye bye.

Buttegrizzle said:
Ok. Was traveling out east to the antelope hunt and heard this game on the radio A few things jumped out at me:
Spot on BG :thumb:

Buttegrizzle said:

Likely the best fcs O line we face this year unless we meet UNDSU

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
jcu27 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
jcu27 said:

I haven't been this confident in a Griz team since 2011 and that turned out pretty good. I actually feel even better about this team. The passion and swagger that they were missing is back! These guys play their hearts out and give 110%! It also seems everyone has bought into what Bobby wants and it's paying off. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season goes! Like I said haven't felt like this since 2011. 7 years of of worrying about losing against every team we play is gone!

jcu27 said:
... I haven't been this confident in a Griz team since 2011 and that turned out pretty good. I actually feel even better about this team. The passion and swagger that they were missing is back! These guys play their hearts out and give 110%! It also seems everyone has bought into what Bobby wants and it's paying off. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season goes! Like I said haven't felt like this since 2011. 7 years of of worrying about losing against every team we play is gone!
Better yet, I think Hauck is a better coach -- in the broadest sense -- than he was when he left UM the last time. Nothing but a feeling... based on seeing videos, interview reports, and some of his moves (which some people don't like). I believe he has learned, and grown, with those years at other places. He still has that competitive fire, and that "edge," but it seems like he's just better at handling the HC job.

IdaGriz01 said:
jcu27 said:
... I haven't been this confident in a Griz team since 2011 and that turned out pretty good. I actually feel even better about this team. The passion and swagger that they were missing is back! These guys play their hearts out and give 110%! It also seems everyone has bought into what Bobby wants and it's paying off. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season goes! Like I said haven't felt like this since 2011. 7 years of of worrying about losing against every team we play is gone!
Better yet, I think Hauck is a better coach -- in the broadest sense -- than he was when he left UM the last time. Nothing but a feeling... based on seeing videos, interview reports, and some of his moves (which some people don't like). I believe he has learned, and grown, with those years at other places. He still has that competitive fire, and that "edge," but it seems like he's just better at handling the HC job.

As for this GRIZ team, I've told guys at work, I believe the GRIZ are capable of beating every BSC team by 10+ points this season, providing they stay healthy. Weber State was the only exception, up until now. I think Sac St is capable of keeping it within 10 as of this week. IF the GRIZ can score 30+ against Weber State, the GRIZ likely win. If the GRIZ can keep Sac State to under 35 points, the GRIZ likely win. The GRIZ are definitely looking to be the most well rounded team in the conference. A dominating win against Sac State will put the GRIZ in top 4 nationally conversation.

As for Bobby Hauck, I agree, he's a better coach this time around. He has a better supporting cast in the coaching staff. He has loosened the reigns for his O and D coordinators. He lets them do their job, a lot more than before. He also isn't as stubborn in how to play the game, and more willing to change things up, from opponent to opponent. Bobby has his swagger back, and his team is feeding off it. I doubt, this team gets complacent this season. Bobby won't allow it!!! Just keep Sneed and the OL healthy!!!!

mtgrizrule said:
IdaGriz01 said:
jcu27 said:

As for this GRIZ team, I've told guys at work, I believe the GRIZ are capable of beating every BSC team by 10+ points this season, providing they stay healthy. Weber State was the only exception, up until now. I think Sac St is capable of keeping it within 10 as of this week. IF the GRIZ can score 30+ against Weber State, the GRIZ likely win. If the GRIZ can keep Sac State to under 35 points, the GRIZ likely win. The GRIZ are definitely looking to be the most well rounded team in the conference. A dominating win against Sac State will put the GRIZ in top 4 nationally conversation.

As for Bobby Hauck, I agree, he's a better coach this time around. He has a better supporting cast in the coaching staff. He has loosened the reigns for his O and D coordinators. He lets them do their job, a lot more than before. He also isn't as stubborn in how to play the game, and more willing to change things up, from opponent to opponent. Bobby has his swagger back, and his team is feeding off it. I doubt, this team gets complacent this season. Bobby won't allow it!!! Just keep Sneed and the OL healthy!!!!

I love our coaching staff this year. I think they make the necessary adjustments when needed and Bobby lets them do their thing. I wonder what other team's DCs must be thinking when they watch the film and realize how many weapons they need to try to stop. Got to cause a few headaches. Not saying we won't get beat but we are capable of beating anyone in this conference and most in the playoffs.

Buttegrizzle said:

:thumb: :clap:

Buttegrizzle said:

I also listened and #1 is for sure the biggest thing that stood out.

The Griz O Line was the major question mark coming into the season. They have improved dramatically. If the Griz are doing to be a top tier team that contends for a title, then the run game needs to be a little more effective. Especially when you consider how many passing threats the Griz have. Mallory has made a huge difference. Still some work to do though in my opinion, but plenty of games left to really get the o line to gel.

Copper Griz said:
The Griz O Line was the major question mark coming into the season. They have improved dramatically. If the Griz are doing to be a top tier team that contends for a title, then the run game needs to be a little more effective. Especially when you consider how many passing threats the Griz have. Mallory has made a huge difference. Still some work to do though in my opinion, but plenty of games left to really get the o line to gel.

Good post. This team is playing well but it still has room to improve if they intend to be champs. Making our running game a consistent threat would do wonders.

If I didn’t know any better I swear sac state was playing Bobby Ball. Methodically killing the clock by playing smash mouth football. Thing of beauty I tell you. :thumb: Oh and didn’t Choate mention not getting off the field on 3rd down after firing Tye. Boy that has worked out well for him(kind of like going for it on 4th down in your own territory in the first quarter with a scoreless game).

Last several posts have gone from Sac St vs Cats to how UM looks better to match up with Sac St.
Choate revealed the truth post game, Cats got beat by the better team.
Griz victory over Sac will confirm which team is better. At this point of the season we are getting confirmation of what teams are. This weekend was full of lopsided wins in the BSC.
The top tier in BSC are UM, Sac, Weber, and ISU.
These four are the ones who are in playoff contention. Griz have knocked off ISU and have Sac and Weber games to showcase how dominant they are.
Next three weeks are the heart of conference play. The EWU game will be like a playoff game, it will be Best’s season if he can pull of a win in Missoula. The results of the next three weeks will show the level of UM’s progression this year.

I wouldn't write the Cats off just yet, they actually outgained Sac St yesterday but bad decisions, both coaching and QB, helped take them down. They're still in the hunt until they get to the final two games, then we'll see what happens.

Back