• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kitties no longer in the top 10

Cuervohola

DONOR
Kitties will fall, what a boring day for them. How far will they travel down?

WAH WAH WAH WAH MEOW.

13th.

Cuervohola said:

13th.

I wouldn’t get to cocky. You may be eating those words next week with the Griz

ordigger said:
Cuervohola said:

13th.

It’s actually an astute observation. Cats looked like crap, lost big at home (homecoming no less!), and don’t have a QB. These are facts that will influence their ranking. A neutral observer would assume a precipitous drop in rankings after taking a bad loss to an unranked team.

Bobcats looked pedestrian today. They still have a good team and are probably a top 20 team and will in the playoffs due to their weak schedule. Only 2 other losses on the schedule max. But man...they looked average today vs a good but not amazing sac state team. Next week will tell us a TON about the griz

ordigger said:
Cuervohola said:

13th.

Yeah, I'll make sure to be scared all week.

I will have to strongly consider where to put the Cats this week. It could be a big drop losing at home to an unranked team.

No surprise, honestly. When you need to run more trick plays than fingers on my hands, you are a one dimensional team.

We lose to them, fine. But honestly, that state team looked like the Griz from the couple years past. Cant handle being down big.
I'm from Butte, gotta lot of fingers.

FTC. Counting down the days.

PDXGrizzly said:
ordigger said:
Cuervohola said:

13th.

It’s actually an astute observation. Cats looked like crap, lost big at home (homecoming no less!), and don’t have a QB. These are facts that will influence their ranking. A neutral observer would assume a precipitous drop in rankings after taking a bad loss to an unranked team.

I could careless about the Bobcats or how they looked. I was talking about us. I’ve been on both sides of karma, and sh** like this is mystical and tends to come back.

As long as Sac gets the credit they deserve and AG state doesn't lose the next four there is two more ranked teams we have the opportunity to dominate.

Almost certainly not.

However, today has been a blood bath for ranked teams ... with a few still to be decided (three ranked teams are currently losing).

Anyway, Sac State was basically #26 last week (just out of the top-25), so a loss to them will not be a ball-crusher. They will certainly move into the top-25. And the kitties will certainly drop out of the top-10. Off the cuff, I'd guess something like 11-13, but I'll need to wait until "all precincts are in" to make a guess

ordigger said:
PDXGrizzly said:
ordigger said:
Cuervohola said:

13th.

I could careless about the Bobcats or how they looked. I was talking about us. I’ve been on both sides of karma, and sh** like this is mystical and tends to come back.

If I was that powerful, I would have won the Lottery already.

Kitties haven't beaten a team with a winning record this year.(I took out all of the play up and play down games)

Opponents they have beaten this year have 7 wins and 17 loses.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
No surprise, honestly. When you need to run more trick plays than fingers on my hands, you are a ONE DIMENSIONAL team.

We lose to them, fine. But honestly, that state team looked like the Griz from the couple years past. Cant handle being down big.

I was thinking non-dimensional during the game. Am I missing something?

Pollsters don’t pay enough attention. They’ve been overrated at 6 all year long and haven’t looked good in their wins. Even many cats fans would admit to a 6 ranking being too high.

Still they’ll only fall to about 12 and will still be well ahead of Sac State as 80% of the pollsters have no idea how this works.

montanaguy said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
No surprise, honestly. When you need to run more trick plays than fingers on my hands, you are a ONE DIMENSIONAL team.

I was thinking non-dimensional during the game. Am I missing something?

Sigh...alright, lol. Wasn't trying to be too cocky. I was going to actually post two words: Overrated, Always.

HookedonGriz said:
Pollsters don’t pay enough attention. They’ve been overrated at 6 all year long and haven’t looked good in their wins. Even many cats fans would admit to a 6 ranking being too high.

Still they’ll only fall to about 12 and will still be well ahead of Sac State as 80% of the pollsters have no idea how this works.
Yep. Sad but true.

My poll guesses are going to be fun. So far, eight ranked teams have lost ... bound to be some major shuffling in positions.

Anybody know whether last week’s Official eGriz Poll will largely look like this coming week’s STATS Hack Poll?

The 2 teams ahead of the Griz (Actually 1 1/2) lost, and the 2 teams below the Griz lost...

Moral of the story...

Griz moving up without playing.

Back