• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bye weeks suck

mtgrizrule

I really do hate bye weeks. I am in GRIZ mode. That is excited for a GRIZ game, but there isn't one. Therefore, I am restless. I will be this way until the next GRIZ game. I might have to watch some old GRIZ games, but it just isn't the same. Yep, I have GRIZitis.

How do you all feel when there is a GRIZ bye week?

mtgrizrule said:
I really do hate bye weeks. I am in GRIZ mode. That is excited for a GRIZ game, but there isn't one. Therefore, I am restless. I will be this way until the next GRIZ game. I might have to watch some old GRIZ games, but it just isn't the same. Yep, I have GRIZitis.

I have a life outside of Griz football, so I get that stuff done so it won't interfere with my Griz Saturday's down the road. I suggest you just get sloppy drunk and wake up tomorrow.

There are some good matchups today in both the FCS and FBS. I will survive, but am looking forward to next week. Looking forward to watching Sac St play the cats and what the coaching staff will come up with for next week.

Normally I hate bye weeks, but I'm going to get a few things done around here then watch the NDSU and Cat games which should both be decent and enjoy being 5-1 and not worried about getting a playoff berth for a change.

mtgrizrule said:

Yep ... restless and "out of sorts."

Luckily, we like to watch college football, in general, and FCS football in particular ... so we do have a fall-back position. Just now, Richmond scored to tie it with #18 Maine, 7-7. (Can't find it on DirecTV, so have to use our crappy streaming.)

kurtismichael said:
I’m not a fan of bye weeks, but I guess they are beneficial to the players and coaches.

It would be nice to actually get some, or find some recruiting updates.

On the bright side, mother nature is cooperating for a change. Time to golf!!!

mtgrizrule said:
kurtismichael said:
I’m not a fan of bye weeks, but I guess they are beneficial to the players and coaches.

It would be nice to actually get some, or find some recruiting updates.

On the bright side, mother nature is cooperating for a change. Time to golf!!!

Sounds fun, be tough to find my ball in a foot of snow. Coyotes and pheasants might be in for some heat though.

Putting the house back together after having the entire interior repainted.

Bye week couldnt’ have come at a better time! I’d still be doing this, but having to squeeze it in around a Griz game otherwise....

grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:

I have a life outside of Griz football, so I get that stuff done so it won't interfere with my Griz Saturday's down the road. I suggest you just get sloppy drunk and wake up tomorrow.
a6a792a6093c750767a9ae2b88fd13d2d1.png

I like that there's a bye with the sun actually shining. Because of Griz football, I'm usually way behind where I need to be with winterizing the house, getting ready for snow, buttoning up projects etc. I have plenty to do!

As an added benefit, it's nice to be sober on a Saturday afternoon in the fall :thumb:

CFallsGriz said:
I like that there's a bye with the sun actually shining. Because of Griz football, I'm usually way behind where I need to be with winterizing the house, getting ready for snow, buttoning up projects etc. I have plenty to do!

As an added benefit, it's nice to be sober on a Saturday afternoon in the fall :thumb:

It is?

It may suck but you can watch ISU-ND on www.Pluto.tv for free and ND-UNI on ESPN+

ND gets kick off and is driving on ISU

Had a double bye week :cry: Highschool team is off so I didnt even have play by play to fill my Friday night.
I will keep an eye on scores and wait for next week.

CFallsGriz said:

:lol: :lol:

Bye week, especially mid-season, is tough for the fans but good for the players. Players can heal up, concentrate on academics, and strengthen up in the weight room. Go into the latter part of the season fresh.

Back