• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Upset Guesses (Oct 12)

Where are the upsets?

• Sac State (3-2) at #6 MSU (5-1)

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Northern Colorado (1-5) at EWU (2-4)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Idaho (2-4) at Portland State (3-3)

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Cal Poly (2-3) at #24 UC Davis (2-4)

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • SUU (1-5) at #4 Weber State (3-2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Dakota (3-2) at ISU (2-3)

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

With the Griz having a Bye, I figured a separate poll just for the Big Sky would be fun. With three ranked teams playing, picking the “underdog” was easy. For the others, the records mostly gave a straightforward answer. The UND at ISU game looked like a pick’em with ISU at home. That was pretty well supported by the comparative Sagarin numbers, with a very slight edge to the home team.

You're only allowed one choice, so let's try to go with real possibilities ... not just who you hate the most. Of course, some of the choices look like no-brainers, but "on any given Saturday." :)

You can change your vote later.

I picked Sac St to upset the Cats. And not because I hate the Cats. This really could be a dangerous game for them just as it will be for the Griz in two weeks.

Tsk tsk. Everyone is just jumping on ... oh wait, no harm in another FTC thread. Is there?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GO GRIZ! :egriz:

IdaGriz01 said:
Tsk tsk. Everyone is just jumping on ... oh wait, no harm in another FTC thread. Is there?

Well it is the most likely "upset." I almost feel AG state is the true underdog.

It's a win win for us as we have a chance to beat the winner of that game who will likely be ranked (Sac, if they win) or stay ranked (AG) if they win.

Ideally, Sac wins, gets enough to votes to break the top 25 and we beat them and looking down the road beat AG if, and I repeat IF they are still ranked when we travel east.

I wouldn't be upset to see a mid 4th qtr trail of tears this weekend.

kurtismichael said:
I picked Sac St to upset the Cats. And not because I hate the Cats. This really could be a dangerous game for them just as it will be for the Griz in two weeks.

I agree! I’m glad we have a week to prep,?and the Cats play them first! Sac will be on an emotional high after beating them, and the Griz will be ready! Bobby and the leaders on the Griz will not allow for a let down! In fact, it could be our most completely balanced game of the year!

I’m going to predict that Dalton Sneed won’t win player of the week this week!(you know why!) But he will next week! This week Thompson for Sac State will win it, and Sneed will-ironically enough-be passed the torch by Thompson from Sac! The Cats will be reeling so badly from their loss, they’ll lose their bye week...because...THE CATS SUCK!

rocklobster said:
kurtismichael said:

I agree! I’m glad we have a week to prep,?and the Cats play them first! Sac will be on an emotional high after beating them, and the Griz will be ready! Bobby and the leaders on the Griz will not allow for a let down! In fact, it could be our most completely balanced game of the year!

Great scenario would be for Sac to beat the Cats and move into the top 25. Then the Griz put together 4 great quarters and get a solid win over Sac. And after the Griz win the Cats can’t claim Sac sucks since they’ll have already lost to them.

kurtismichael said:
rocklobster said:
kurtismichael said:

Great scenario would be for Sac to beat the Cats and move into the top 25. Then the Griz put together 4 great quarters and get a solid win over Sac. And after the Griz win the Cats can’t claim Sac sucks since they’ll have already lost to them.

:thumb:

fanofzoo said:
IdaGriz01 said:

You forgot....FTC
Well, I figured any vote for an upset there said enough. Still, I'd at least change the wording, except I'm afraid I'd screw of the voting. ;)

jodcon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
So... All of us who picked Sac to beat the Cats were onto something maybe?
I believe Ida owes us a free ham or something.
Fat chance ... :lol:

Most of you guys/gals are big hams anyway (I love the English language ... American version, anyway).

Back