• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shannon???

Has anyone heard....the assistant coach Sonya Stokken has retired(quit) the Lady Griz.... and the numbers just keep climbing.....

I thought this was a neat way for @MontanaGrizWBB to do a mid-summer player-father profile. Fourteen daughter-father pix.

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizWBB/status/1140350530109075456[/media]

moneyball said:
Has anyone heard....the assistant coach Sonya Stokken has retired(quit) the Lady Griz.... and the numbers just keep climbing.....

I don't know the reason for Sonya leaving, but coaching responsibilities plus chasing around her young children can't be easy,

Replacing her is a no-brainer for me: Jace Henderson.

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:

I don't know the reason for Sonya leaving, but coaching responsibilities plus chasing around her young children can't be easy,

I heard she decided to move on to focus more attention on her family.

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:

:thumb:

Paytonlives said:
A one year contract is the kiss of death...

Didn't Robin Selvig have a 1-year deal for about 30 straight years before finally getting a 3-yr deal? I am not positive, but I think that was the case.

Zirg said:
Paytonlives said:
A one year contract is the kiss of death...

Didn't Robin Selvig have a 1-year deal for about 30 straight years before finally getting a 3-yr deal? I am not positive, but I think that was the case.

When Robin was getting 1-year contracts, it was because that was the maximum length allowed. With the max now at 3 years, a 1-year deal shows lack of confidence from the AD.

The Lady Griz looked pretty good in their scrimmage this morning. Lots of good players. Shot fairly well. Had some nice post play at times. Lots of good guard play. Appear to have more depth than in recent years.

If anyone has read the current article on the Lady Griz website the Title is "Lady Griz to universe: We good?" Whoever wrote this is a propagandist and just waging the tail. We all know what the trouble with the Lady Griz is. It is not the Universe. It is KARMA and her name is Shannon. Horrible person and Horrible coach! The only hope the Lady Griz have this year is if Shannon let's her new coach manage the practice's and games. Other wise don't be expecting a championship ring just yet.

Grizwald32 said:
If anyone has read the current article on the Lady Griz website the Title is "Lady Griz to universe: We good?" Whoever wrote this is a propagandist and just waging the tail. We all know what the trouble with the Lady Griz is. It is not the Universe. It is KARMA and her name is Shannon. Horrible person and Horrible coach! The only hope the Lady Griz have this year is if Shannon let's her new coach manage the practice's and games. Other wise don't be expecting a championship ring just yet.

You seem to have a personal ax to grind with Shannon. The Shannon I know, and I know well, is not a horrible person and is not a horrible coach. I won't get drawn into an argument with you about her person or her coaching even though my coaching sources and I disagree with you also on both accounts.

If the team I saw scrimmage stays healthy, the LG should be much better this year. Several players have clearly improved and there is some new talent. And there are several very good returning players. I think Nate will have some positive influences too.

Griz1 said:
Grizwald32 said:

You seem to have a personal ax to grind with Shannon. The Shannon I know, and I know well, is not a horrible person and is not a horrible coach. I won't get drawn into an argument with you about her person or her coaching even though my coaching sources and I disagree with you also on both accounts.

I don't have an axe to grind and I'm hopeful that a healthy team and a positive influence from Nate will be just what the program needs to turn the corner. It certainly should take some of the pressure off the head coach. That said, there have been a lot of internal issues beyond unfortunate injuries over the past several years. It is easy to understand why a one-year extension was provided to Shannon at the same time Travis earned a three-year deal.

While this post may seem harsh, there have been plenty of stories floating around in that vein that are disappointing to say the least and it has not been hard to hear about these things in a small community. There was a lot of pressure to replace a legend like Selvig and the continued injuries have only added to the situation. Sometimes when the pressure is on you see the worst come out of a person. Hoping that is in the rearview mirror now. There is a lot of talent on this team. Go Griz, here's to a healthy, successful and drama-free season!

go96griz said:
I don't have an axe to grind and I'm hopeful that a healthy team and a positive influence from Nate will be just what the program needs to turn the corner. It certainly should take some of the pressure off the head coach. That said, there have been a lot of internal issues beyond unfortunate injuries over the past several years. It is easy to understand why a one-year extension was provided to Shannon at the same time Travis earned a three-year deal.

While this post may seem harsh, there have been plenty of stories floating around in that vein that are disappointing to say the least and it has not been hard to hear about these things in a small community. There was a lot of pressure to replace a legend like Selvig and the continued injuries have only added to the situation. Sometimes when the pressure is on you see the worst come out of a person. Hoping that is in the rearview mirror now. There is a lot of talent on this team. Go Griz, here's to a healthy, successful and drama-free season!

go96griz I appreciate your well written post and I don't find it harsh. I find it objective and filled with the hope most Grizzly fans hold for the Lady Griz. I have no problem with a one-year extension and feel it was the right thing to do at the time and under the circumstances. We will see how it shakes out and I will support any decision that is made. In the meantime I, like you, have high hopes for a healthy, successful and drama-free season for the Lady Griz.

Griz1 said:
Grizwald32 said:

You obviously do not know her that well or you would not endorse her. GW32 is correct in their assessment.

Back