• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats at WIU

Copper Griz said:
Moving up would not be that hard. The next tier is mediocre. Sad state of affairs in college football. SEC owns everybody.

Except for those pesky facilities and additional and continual money requirements! :lol:

signedbewildered said:
I just don't know if Beauman is gomna settle in this year. Might be that teams demise.

Will see come conference time.
Been saying this all along. He will sink that ship. Not sure they have an answer though, especially if Andersen is hurt.

Interesting tidbit....that SEMO win that was supposed to be a signature win for Cats, well SEMO lost 50-0 to Missouri this past weekend. They only had 94 yards of total offense. Felt like semo was overrated big time when they ranked them 12 and now I think they don’t belong in top 25 at all.

signedbewildered said:
I just don't know if Beauman is gomna settle in this year. Might be that teams demise.

With that breezy conference schedule they'll be flying along and overconfident about 6 games in...

AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

With that breezy conference schedule they'll be flying along and overconfident about 6 games in...
MSU doesn't take anything for granted. Talk all the shit you want but the Cats do have a good team this year. IF Bauman can start putting a little touch on his passes it will change things. Still hasn't turned the ball over. And besides...we haven't needed a QB to beat the griz 3 years running...we also have a salty defensive line that will wreck BSC offensive lines this year, including yours. Now talk shit like nothing I said is true. :thumb:

FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

MSU doesn't take anything for granted. Talk all the shit you want but the Cats do have a good team this year. IF Bauman can start putting a little touch on his passes it will change things. Still hasn't turned the ball over. And besides...we haven't needed a QB to beat the griz 3 years running...we also have a salty defensive line that will wreck BSC offensive lines this year, including yours. Now talk shit like nothing I said is true. :thumb:

Yep. If the Bubbies' QB who isn't good can become good, then it will change things.

FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

I think cats have a good team. I just don’t think they are a top 10. Not with the QB play I’ve seen thus far and not with the games you’ve played so far. Got easily handled and somewhat abused by a mediocre TT team (who just lost to AZ). Then beat what was supposed to be a good SEMO team (who is now looking pretty bad actually) after being drubbed by Missouri 50-0 and only getting 94 total yards. Then an ugly ugly win against a pretty bad WIU team who did all they could to not win the game, literally. From what I’ve seen so far I’d still have Cats top 20, more in the 17-20 range.

FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

I don’t care how blue the lenses in your glasses are, you’ve got to admit that you guys are struggling at the QB position. And it’s a rare thing indeed for a qb to get significantly better as the season progresses. Will that matter throughout the season, I don’t know, but my guess, and it is only a guess, is that the cats are going to play AT LEAST 1 game this year where they need a qb, a legit qb, and you don’t currently have that.

RobGriz said:
FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

I don’t care how blue the lenses in your glasses are, you’ve got to admit that you guys are struggling at the QB position. And it’s a rare thing indeed for a qb to get significantly better as the season progresses. Will that matter throughout the season, I don’t know, but my guess, and it is only a guess, is that the cats are going to play AT LEAST 1 game this year where they need a qb, a legit qb, and you don’t currently have that.

I admit the obvious.

there is a difference from last season though, this year we do have a backup QB who has some decent game experience, and a 3rd who is undersized but most who have watched him scrimmage wonder why he was not in the running. His style of play is a little more DD-esque. I was expecting to see a QB change at WIU, but it never came. glad CB is getting game experience, but so far he is no Lulay, McGhee, or Prukop. I hope it clicks for him.

Right now I see the 'Cats as a top 25, but not a top 10 team. Without Anderson and Infanse, barely top 25. I thought the griz looked decent in Eugene, apart from a run game. Our rankings should be switched right now IMO.

FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

:lol: :lol: You don't "take anything for granted." Then go on to make about 5 statements where you do EXACTLY that.

That "salty defensive line" has wrecked exactly NOBODY of note yet. You know even less about you team than we do about ours. So congrats on that. Except we DO have a QB. :thumb:

But hey, I appreciate your enthusiasm!

AZGrizFan said:
FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

:lol: :lol: You don't "take anything for granted." Then go on to make about 5 statements where you do EXACTLY that.

That "salty defensive line" has wrecked exactly NOBODY of note yet. You know even less about you team than we do about ours. So congrats on that. Except we DO have a QB. :thumb:

I think they may have to do better on 3rd down. 9-46 (19.5%) probably isn't going to get it done. That said, I think they are right where they want to be. Bauman is looking tough at 48% with 1 TD.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:

I think they may have to do better on 3rd down. 9-46 (19.5%) probably isn't going to get it done. That said, I think they are right where they want to be. Bauman is looking tough at 48% with 1 TD.

Little lower then 48%, but definitely in the desired range. AND no INT's, if he can get through the season with 5 TD's and no picks there will be POY rumblings to the East. He is right on track.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
FlyCastingCat said:

Little lower then 48%, but definitely in the desired range. AND no INT's, if he can get through the season with 5 TD's and no picks there will be POY rumblings to the East. He is right on track.

I had him at 36/74 on the year, but I definitely could be wrong. I mean, we're just splitting hairs when we get into that level of elite. Most analysts I've consulted put him at 5 TDs and 2 picks for the season. The INTs will likely be "quality picks", so I don't think they will affect his POY standing.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

I had him at 36/74 on the year, but I definitely could be wrong. I mean, we're just splitting hairs when we get into that level of elite. Most analysts I've consulted put him at 5 TDs and 2 picks for the season. The INTs will likely be "quality picks", so I don't think they will affect his POY standing.

You're right, the last game wasn't updated yet so he is solid at 48%, however that does bring the TD estimate down to 3 or 4...he's going to have to pick it up there.

AZGrizFan said:
FlyCastingCat said:
AZGrizFan said:
signedbewildered said:

I’m guessing flycastingcat learned a little something about his team today, including that “salty defensive line”... :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
Interesting tidbit....that SEMO win that was supposed to be a signature win for Cats, well SEMO lost 50-0 to Missouri this past weekend. They only had 94 yards of total offense. Felt like semo was overrated big time when they ranked them 12 and now I think they don’t belong in top 25 at all.

And lost today to #LetsGoPeay.....28-24....whopping 3-3 overall.

Real signature win there.

Back