• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats at WIU

Yes, very ugly game in an ugly place. But, as you guys always say, a win is a win!!! 👍🏈🤠. Good luck to you guys tonight!

EverettGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
EverettGriz said:
WIU will not win 2 games all year. They’ll be lucky to win any.

Let me know how much you'd like to bet on that please.

Waaaaaaay more than you could ever afford.

Ok, big time, throw out a number maybe I could afford and take my money. Or we could do a decathlon... I'll rent husky stadium.

bigsky33 said:
Yes, very ugly game in an ugly place. But, as you guys always say, a win is a win!!! 👍🏈🤠. Good luck to you guys tonight!

That’s exactly what we always say, and at the end of the day, the big sky taking down Valley teams is always good, even when they’re against the two bottom dwellers. Both WIU and South Dakota look like pretty bad football teams this year. But at the end of the day the big sky took care of business. So congrats on the win.

grizeyes said:
Announcers saying that MSU is primed for the playoffs already and looking like a championship team..... If that's what a championship team looks like, I like our chances! Wow.

Go Griz!

Lol. Whiskey just went through my nose.

grizpsych said:
grizeyes said:
Announcers saying that MSU is primed for the playoffs already and looking like a championship team..... If that's what a championship team looks like, I like our chances! Wow.

Go Griz!

Considering that the Eags lost (proving they are fallible) and the Cats won but looked absolutely horrible against a bad team, I really like our chances in the Sky this year. Tough schedule or not.

Da Boyz Mom said:
grizpsych said:
grizeyes said:

Go Griz!

Considering that the Eags lost (proving they are fallible) and the Cats won but looked absolutely horrible against a bad team, I really like our chances in the Sky this year. Tough schedule or not.
I agree. And, somehow I feel better about our game tonight. Shit, if Idaho and Weber State can have close games, why not us?

grizpsych said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
grizpsych said:
grizeyes said:

Go Griz!

I agree. And, somehow I feel better about our game tonight. Shit, if Idaho and Weber State can have close games, why not us?

Why not us? I’ll tell you why....Because both Wyoming and Nevada would get shit on by Oregon! There is literally no comparing Oregon to the likes of Nevada or Wyoming. If UM were to play either Nevada or Wyoming there is a strong likelihood it would be a one score game and could go either way. Oregon is a different animal entirely

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizpsych said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
grizpsych said:

Why not us? I’ll tell you why....Because both Wyoming and Nevada would get shit on by Oregon! There is literally no comparing Oregon to the likes of Nevada or Wyoming. If UM were to play either Nevada or Wyoming there is a strong likelihood it would be a one score game and could go either way. Oregon is a different animal entirely

Ha. Indeed, I'm pretty sure Oregon shit all over Nevada last week. But didn't Wyoming handle Missouri last week too?

Special teams is a liability. Being mistaken prone is a liability. Young QB who doesn't play well for long streaks is a liability. Cats pegged all of those today. If these aren't cleaned up and become the MO, this could be a disappointing season.

With that said I still very firmly predict a playoff birth. Why you ask? Cats will continue to be very tough to beat at home, and several of the road games will be against bad teams like WIU. Those should also result in ugly wins similar to today.

Offense was minus Ifanse, and Andersen was hobbled. Jonsen still isn't 100% with lingering foot problem. I like Logan Jones, but Ifanse can do much more. I'm not sure why the OL got owned most if the day. That's troubling. I'm glad Norfolk at home is next.

Defense played plenty good enough considering Filer is still out and Thomas went down early, leaving us without our two best corners. A true frosh CB (Zambrano) had a blown assignment that resulted in a 65 yard TD for WIU. Past that and just like SEMO: only one sustained drive for a TD. This is a good defense with plenty of depth. Sorry if that statement makes a few of you now trigger.

ABQCat said:
Special teams is a liability. Being mistaken prone is a liability. Young QB who doesn't play well for long streaks is a liability. Cats pegged all of those today. If these aren't cleaned up and become the MO, this could be a disappointing season.

With that said I still very firmly predict a playoff birth. Why you ask? Cats will continue to be very tough to beat at home, and several of the road games will be against bad teams like WIU. Those should also result in ugly wins similar to today.

Offense was minus Ifanse, and Andersen was hobbled. Jonsen still isn't 100% with lingering foot problem. I like Logan Jones, but Ifanse can do much more. I'm not sure why the OL got owned most if the day. That's troubling. I'm glad Norfolk at home is next.

Defense played plenty good enough considering Filer is still out and Thomas went down early, leaving us without our two best corners. A true frosh CB (Zambrano) had a blown assignment that resulted in a 65 yard TD for WIU. Past that and just like SEMO: only one sustained drive for a TD. This is a good defense with plenty of depth. Sorry if that statement makes a few of you now trigger.

Your defense does look good.

grizpsych said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizpsych said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Ha. Indeed, I'm pretty sure Oregon shit all over Nevada last week. But didn't Wyoming handle Missouri last week too?

Wyo did beat Missouri. A nice upset for them for sure. But again, I’m not sure that Missouri team doesn’t get smoked by Oregon as well. Crazy things happen in college football, unlikely upsets occur. But in the case of UO vs UM it’s truly a case of David vs Goliath. They’ve got 4 star talent riding pine, biding their time. It’s just such a mismatch for our boys.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizpsych said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
grizpsych said:

Yes, Oregon is way better than us but they are probably no better than third in the Pac 10.

indian-outlaw said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizpsych said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Yes, Oregon is way better than us but they are probably no better than third in the Pac 10.

Not sure about that. They should have won that game vs a very good Auburn. Shoulda woulda coulda I know, but they were better than Auburn in my opinion. Utah is legit, as is Washington, USC, and Washington state. I say the top two in the pac 12 are Utah and Oregon though, hands down

(Edit* USC lost to BYU today)

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
indian-outlaw said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizpsych said:

Not sure about that. They should have won that game vs a very good Auburn. Shoulda woulda coulda I know, but they were better than Auburn in my opinion. Utah is legit, as is Washington, USC, and Washington state. I say the top two in the pac 12 are Utah and Oregon though, hands down

Care to bet on the Oregon vs Washington game? straight up, just let me know how much.

indian-outlaw said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
indian-outlaw said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Care to bet on the Oregon vs Washington game? straight up, just let me know how much.

Lol, no, but I think it’s going to be a good one.

Moving up would not be that hard. The next tier is mediocre. Sad state of affairs in college football. SEC owns everybody.

Copper Griz said:
Moving up would not be that hard. The next tier is mediocre. Sad state of affairs in college football. SEC owns everybody.

The top 3-5 teams of the three best FCS conferences would compete very well in the FBS group of 5 conferences. Power 5, not so much.

Back