• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Recruiting: 4 Signed & 4 Transfers

citay said:
granitegriz said:
Citay, I assume they are recognizing some form of deity assisting and blessing them, is this a problem?

Not a problem at all. This diety always gets credited for the good things--fair enough--but is never invoked when the siht hits the fan. He (she?) must have a great PR agent.

Citay, I could be wrong but I'm seeing a mystery player in the new video of the players breaking in the new court... Who's #5 doing drills with Timmy? Looked too big to be Gaskin and I count 14 players on the court and Jones isn't there, so the numbers aren't adding up. Any ideas?

casewinter13 said:
citay said:
granitegriz said:
Citay, I assume they are recognizing some form of deity assisting and blessing them, is this a problem?

Not a problem at all. This diety always gets credited for the good things--fair enough--but is never invoked when the siht hits the fan. He (she?) must have a great PR agent.

Citay, I could be wrong but I'm seeing a mystery player in the new video of the players breaking in the new court... Who's #5 doing drills with Timmy? Looked too big to be Gaskin and I count 14 players on the court and Jones isn't there, so the numbers aren't adding up. Any ideas?

Nvm, I'm guessing it's Gaskin? He looks impressive physically, if that's him. Has definitely matured

casewinter13 said:
citay said:
granitegriz said:

Sorry. Not a clue. But #5 once belonged to Karl Nicholas.

casewinter13 said:
citay said:
granitegriz said:

Number 13 looks like he could be Jett Briceno.

citay said:
casewinter13 said:
citay said:
granitegriz said:

Could it be you were looking at #35, Derrick Carter-Hollinger?

citay said:
citay said:
casewinter13 said:
citay said:

Could it be you were looking at #35, Derrick Carter-Hollinger?

Definitely not DCH, he's on a different court in the video. I'm guessing it's Gaskin, I was just struck how much bigger he was than Timmy. If it's him, he looks every bit of 6'4"+ and he's filled out a lot more in the last year.

It sure seems that recruiting for the upcoming season has concluded. I wonder if the 13th scholarship when to Freddie Brown. He was on an academic scholarship last season. Perhaps that was a one year deal and the coaching staff feels he's earned a scholarship based on his potential and play/hard work since coming to the Griz.

GrizWhiz, CaseWinter13: Like everyone on this board, my curiosity is hyper. I counted 14 players and clearly identified Owens (0), Vasquez (3), Steadman (31), and Carter-Hollinger (35). I'm assuming that #13 is Brisceno. That leaves #5, which I assume is Gaskin (at this point, neither Brisceno or Gaskin is listed on the roster at goGriz). If Jones is added to the group on the floor, the roster sits at 15 because #5/Gaskin was also clearly visible. I thought I briefly saw a #30, but concluded I was actually getting a glimpse of Carter-Hollinger. Regardless, I'm getting anxious to see these Griz in action.

grizzlyjournal: Thanks for posting ANYTHING. Do you know if the team will be playing a ratball scrimmage Saturday sometime? Usually they do that on Saturdays - I used to be able to catch those when I came to town for a football game.

717s7e said:
grizzlyjournal: Thanks for posting ANYTHING. Do you know if the team will be playing a ratball scrimmage Saturday sometime? Usually they do that on Saturdays - I used to be able to catch those when I came to town for a football game.

717s7e: I don't know for certain, I'm saying Yes, because Griz football games have long been the "main event" draw to schedule hoops recruits for campus visits. There's bound to be an unofficial scrimmage of sorts, because that's a way for recruits to get to know rostered players... and for their parents to get familiar with the campus as well. After official practices start, the Saturday morning "football day" scrimmages are often a scheduled event.

The best way is to get to know an official top-level Griz Roundball Club member (or become one). Someone on this forum is most likely that kind of insider (not me).

717s7e said:

One slightly disquieting thing: It doesn't appear Mack Anderson has bulked up the way I'd hoped. Last year he was listed at 202 pounds; this year, 205. I was hoping for something in the range of 225-230.

citay said:
717s7e said:

One slightly disquieting thing: It doesn't appear Mack Anderson has bulked up the way I'd hoped. Last year he was listed at 202 pounds; this year, 205. I was hoping for something in the range of 225-230.

Mack has long, thin bones. Hard to add much bulk.

Back