• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classic Game Thread (Includes 95 Championship). Make sure you have at least 3 hours.

Just posted in the Oregon thread, but worth sharing here.

The Rich Brooks Coaches Show from September 1993, after the Griz narrowly lost to the Ducks 35-30 in Eugene. Another comeback by Super Dave, and a very complimentary and frustrated coach recapping the second half.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmsygj9Gww[/media]

BUMP

Don't know if I've seen this one on here yet

Just stumbled across 1994 - EWU @ UM on YouTube.

Full game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a good one. (This guy WallyTheBronco has a fantastic archive, btw).

2001 Brawl in Bozeman, the final win in the streak.

(full game)

I had forgotten about the fake FG TD with Oelkers that shifted the momentum of this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd never seen this one.

South Dakota State @ Montana 1993

Griz win 52-48 in the largest I-AA comeback ever.

The coming out party for Super Dave.

This is coaches' film from South Dakota State, so unfortunately there is no sound. But it's cool to see the old scoreboard, etc etc.

BUMP

Found the 2000 semis - the KPAX broadcast in its entirety - hiding on YouTube!
One of the best games ever at WGS, until App came to town 9 years later for an even better classic.
I still remember Farris diving for that ball.

503Griz said:
BUMP

One of the best games ever at WGS, until App came to town 9 years later for an even better classic.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nopcFBmmyS4[/media]

Great find!

503Griz said:
BUMP

Great game; thanks for posting it; it was one I had missed as I was on a flight from PA; my Mom passed the following day.

I am puzzled about your comment regarding a diving catch by Farris. I just watched it and missed that. His winning TD was standing up.

After watching this I beg to differ on whether the '09 Appy game was better (which I was at). They don't get any better than this 2000 game.

kemajic said:
503Griz said:
BUMP

Great game; thanks for posting it; it was one I had missed as I was on a flight from PA; my Mom passed the following day.

I am puzzled about your comment regarding a diving catch by Farris. I just watched it and missed that. His winning TD was standing up.

After watching this I beg to differ on whether the '09 Appy game was better (which I was at). They don't get any better than this 2000 game.

I'm sorry to hear that the memory is connected with such a sad one RE: your mom, but what a silver lining.

You're right, Farris doesn't dive for the ball he stretches out for it.

Until watching this again, my memory was different, but that's because I was in the upper portion of Section 127, just above that corner of the endzone. I was 14 at the time so he disappeared behind the fans in front of me until the place went nuts. I pulled my dad to the ground as I hugged him as my favorite player at the time (and still to this day), Jimmy Farris, once again saved the day.

My 'White Whale' on YouTube right now is trying to track down the 2000 game at Idaho.
Griz had just come off of a season opening loss to Hofstra.
I vividly remember a huge 4th down stop where Steinau (?) grabbed a running back by the ankle and got him one yard short.
And I very clearly remember that Red Headed Savior - Jimmy Farris - grabbing the game winning TD pass with one-hand, over the shoulder pad of an Idaho DB, with 19 seconds on the clock. That game gave Joe Glenn & the Griz the confidence to right the ship and they didn't lose again until the chipper (which is also available to watch in this thread).

If anyone can find that game - 2000 Montana @ Idaho (played in Pullman), I'd be forever grateful.

There was a game where Jimmy Ferris dove for a TD catch as he crossed the North End Zone goal. I was sitting on the west side looking right down that goal line when it happened. Can't remember which game it was. Any help out there?

503Griz said:
My 'White Whale' on YouTube right now is trying to track down the 2000 game at Idaho.
Griz had just come off of a season opening loss to Hofstra.
I vividly remember a huge 4th down stop where Steinau (?) grabbed a running back by the ankle and got him one yard short.
And I very clearly remember that Red Headed Savior - Jimmy Farris - grabbing the game winning TD pass with one-hand, over the shoulder pad of an Idaho DB, with 19 seconds on the clock. That game gave Joe Glenn & the Griz the confidence to right the ship and they didn't lose again until the chipper (which is also available to watch in this thread).

If anyone can find that game - 2000 Montana @ Idaho (played in Pullman), I'd be forever grateful.
Drew Miller was on fire that game. 33 of 50 for 505 yards and 5 TDs, 0 ints. Huntsberger all over the field, 20 tackles and an int. Griz picked off 3 of Welsh's passes. A healthy Miller was something special to watch and Huntsberger was maybe the best Griz defender I ever saw pre-Olson.

Does anyone have any of the 2011 Griz games especially the play-offs? I've been looking on YouTube but I've only found a couple game's highlights. Tks!

Harm said:
Does anyone have any of the 2011 Griz games especially the play-offs? I've been looking on YouTube but I've only found a couple game's highlights. Tks!
Vacated; probably destroyed the evidence.

MikeyGriz said:
There was a game where Jimmy Ferris dove for a TD catch as he crossed the North End Zone goal. I was sitting on the west side looking right down that goal line when it happened. Can't remember which game it was. Any help out there?

May help if you can remember the season (99-00?)

Was looking at Farris' stats and the number of long TDs he had in 2000 was off the charts.
Could even help if you remember what the weather was like, or how the game generally went.
I remember that season pretty well.

Not a lot of 99-00 footage on YouTube however. Especially for the regular season.

Harm said:

I've only seen a few highlights as well.

But you can listen to Mick & Gurns' full call of the 2011 massacre in Bozeman here:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/grizzly-gameday-11-14-2020/id1477633297?i=1000498860728

Latest posts

Back