• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mens Schedule

Zirg said:
Big Sage said:
GONZAGA! EVERY! YEAR!

I've given up on the Zags. It's sad and pathetic really. There is a long and storied history between the 2 schools. We were in the same conference from 51-79' and UM is still Gonzaga's 10th most-played opponent all-time. Only Idaho has played them more often than the Griz among non WCC conference members, and Gonzaga is THE closest D1 college to drive to from Missoula (although MSU and Idaho are similar). After Gonzaga jumped ship to the WCC we maintained them as a yearly opponent even when Montana was the far-more prominent school nationally for the vast-majority of those contests. But then they only beat us by 3 points in 2015 and Gonzaga got scared and quit playing us. What other reason can it be? And don't say "they can't play lowly Big Sky teams now or it will hurt their Strength-of Schedule". Well, they beat Idaho State 120-79 last year and play EWU this year so that argument is bogus. Get some balls, Gonzaga. We played you when you were nobodies. What are you afraid of?

A loss

Zirg said:
Big Sage said:
GONZAGA! EVERY! YEAR!

I've given up on the Zags. It's sad and pathetic really. There is a long and storied history between the 2 schools. We were in the same conference from 51-79' and UM is still Gonzaga's 10th most-played opponent all-time. Only Idaho has played them more often than the Griz among non WCC conference members, and Gonzaga is THE closest D1 college to drive to from Missoula (although MSU and Idaho are similar). After Gonzaga jumped ship to the WCC we maintained them as a yearly opponent even when Montana was the far-more prominent school nationally for the vast-majority of those contests. But then they only beat us by 3 points in 2015 and Gonzaga got scared and quit playing us. What other reason can it be? And don't say "they can't play lowly Big Sky teams now or it will hurt their Strength-of Schedule". Well, they beat Idaho State 120-79 last year and play EWU this year so that argument is bogus. Get some balls, Gonzaga. We played you when you were nobodies. What are you afraid of?

Uh as a Zags(Griz first) fan Im going to have to defend them a bit...if they are running from griz they are running straight into the arms of North Carolina lol...If you look at their NC Schedule they only have 6 games that aren't part of a tournament...and 4 of those 6 are against big boys Texas A&M, UDub, UNC, AZ. That leaves them with 2 games against mid major (UT Arlington and EWU)...so I'd say most likely if Griz call they say uhh we have no strong urge to play you but we have 2 dates open....hmm those dont work for you...ok thanks for the call bye. They have a tricky schedule because they have to make sure they are competitive with SOS against ACC teams, so getting a team like Griz that wont move the SOS needle on the schedule is probably the least of their worries.

GrizWhiz said:
GrizLA said:
grizindabox said:
I think the men take a step back this season....just say'n.
With Owens and Velasquez, Pridgett and the rest of an experienced team, I think that is not likely. I don't see anyone but Weber recruiting at the level of Montana, right now. The Power Conf games will determine a lot.
Velasquez?? :? I assume you mean Josh Vazquez :thumb:
oops

Back