• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky OOC

mtgrizfankb

The season is getting close. We have seen predictions about the conference this year but man yesterday I was looking through OOC to get an idea of where the BigSky might rank come playoff time. There is a quite a few teams that might have losing records or .500 records in OOC. Here’s my OOC takes

1. Ewu will be 3-1 with a loss to Washington. No real threats to lose outside of that

2. UC Davis will be 2-2 or 3-1. I think we find out how real UC Davis is when they play NDSU. NDSU is the most susceptible they have been in a long time. They also lose to CAL.

3. Weber might be 1-3 They play San Diego St, Nevada and UNI. I think Weber takes a small step back this year. They should still beat UNI and be 2-2 but UNI will be decent and Weber is gonna get challenged out of the gate.

4. Montana could be a total wildcard. We could be 3-1. We could be 1-3. I don’t see a loss to Monmouth but USD and UNA are real games. My guess would be 3-1.

5. MSU probably is a 2-2 team. Could be 3-1. That SEMO game at home will tell us about their offense and if they are gonna be able to perform. Then they have that stupid WIU road trip that is harder than it should be. I see them dropping one of those two.

6.NAU again 2-2 or maybe 3-1. Tough to know what we are gonna see here. They get lower end MVFC teams. Maybe they will prove their worth and win both. I doubt it...NAU always lets you down.

The rest...aren’t gonna matter come playoffs in my book. Fair amount of 1-3 expectations out of the rest. Maybe ISU and PSU could surprise us. SUU might go 0-4

N Alabama is going to be a tougher game than most think. I would expect a Griz victory, but it could be close into the 4th quarter.

alabamagrizzly said:
Richard Cranium said:
Monmouth is picked to win their conference just ahead of Last years playoff team Kennesaw State.
This years KS is most certainly not last years KS.
For sure. Found this on a site that follows the Big South:
Kennesaw State will be replacing 10 of 11 starters on offense, including quarterback, both wide receivers and the entire line ...
Say what you want about "re-loading," basically replacing your entire offense is never easy.

Richard Cranium said:
Monmouth is picked to win their conference just ahead of Last years playoff team Kennesaw State.

Monmouth will be decent but it’s gonna be a long trip for them. Didn’t mean to try and short change them. I just think of the 3 they are the least worrisome. They play in a conf that averages 3000 fans a game. Haven’t played in front of a decent crowd since 2017 UNI. I’m guessing they travel on a Thursday 3000 miles and gain 3000 ft in elevation. They have an awesome QB and RB but I think it’s just a tough trip.

N Alabama is the home opener under the lights. If we can’t win that one this season will be shot down in September.....

mtgrizfankb said:
Richard Cranium said:

Monmouth will be decent but it’s gonna be a long trip for them. Didn’t mean to try and short change them. I just think of the 3 they are the least worrisome. They play in a conf that averages 3000 fans a game. Haven’t played in front of a decent crowd since 2017 UNI. I’m guessing they travel on a Thursday 3000 miles and gain 3000 ft in elevation. They have an awesome QB and RB but I think it’s just a tough trip.

AS I recall, Coastal Carolina and Wofford did pretty well in Missoula, even when it was cold and loud. These guys are not going to be intimidated by UM.

GrizLA said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Richard Cranium said:

AS I recall, Coastal Carolina and Wofford did pretty well in Missoula, even when it was cold and loud. These guys are not going to be intimidated by UM.
And why would they be!

Back