• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU

grizindabox

DONOR
Ryan Collingwood
@SR_Collingwood
BREAKING: @EWUFootball defensive starters Dehonta Hayes and Keith Moore were shot in downtown Spokane early this morning.

Both are reported to have suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries.

tourist said:
Easy to pre-judge. How about waiting for the facts?

I couldn't agree more. They were probably at a hunter's safety course at 1:30 a.m. in downtown Spokane and both experienced an accidental discharge while cleaning their .22 calibre bolt action rifles. Happens all the time.

Ursa Major said:
tourist said:
Easy to pre-judge. How about waiting for the facts?

I couldn't agree more. They were probably at a hunter's safety course at 1:30 a.m. in downtown Spokane and both experienced an accidental discharge while cleaning their .22 calibre bolt action rifles. Happens all the time.
These were my thoughts as well, but our speculation is just that. The facts may be far more positive.

I have spent a lot of time in Spokane and it has changed over the last 20 years. Interesting to hear the facts when it all gets played out. Lots of gang like activity and wanna be gang type activity going on. Unfortunately some times people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thread should be cleaned up now, and the account with the racist post has been banned. Thanks to all who quickly called out that highly inappropriate post.

Na na na, na na na, hey hey, good bye! Actually IMeanGrizness lasted longer that I thought he would. :lol: Check his posts. Back to topic.

I lived in Spokane, long ago, in a nice apartment complex. But the apartment complex next to my bedroom attracted some real garbage. I considered getting a steel plate to put at the head of my bed. Somehow, I didn't want to get a stray bullet in my head while sleeping. Spokane is no different than any metro area I've lived in. You have to live there and experience the real atmosphere to see beneath the placid passing view.
These two could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but in the wee hours in a bar district...….not a promising scenario. What would result in a disagreement, long ago, which would be settled with fists, now someone pulls a gun. Whomever the trigger man is was not a good shot. Should spend more time on the range, but prison time is in his future. These two and two innocent cars were wounded. I will reserve judgment on these two guys til I read what the investigation finds. Oct. 26 should be a bit easier, though.

The news site I’ve just seen says
Two Eastern Washington University football players were hospitalized after being shot early Saturday morning in downtown Spokane's central bar district.
So we’re these kids part of the EWU contingent @ the BSC kickoff? If so, I’d be more then a little exorcised @ the coaches and administrators who should have warned these kids off a visit to the central bar district @ 1:00 in the morning when they’re in Spokane to represent the school & conference. Or did they? I have no idea where they are from but this is such an epic fail on a number of folks parts.

bgbigdog said:
So we’re these kids part of the EWU contingent @ the BSC kickoff?

My understanding is no.

Second, this happened 2 blocks from where the BSC kickoff is being held.

grizindabox said:
bgbigdog said:
So we’re these kids part of the EWU contingent @ the BSC kickoff?

My understanding is no.

Second, this happened 2 blocks from where the BSC kickoff is being held.

Nice work, Box. You just made Dalton Snead the number one suspect in the case.

Probably made fun of Sneed's beard. Actually, in Sneed's defense, he throws pretty accurately, so eye-hand coordination is good. The shooter sprayed bullets, lousy shot, so poor eye-hand coordination.

Back