• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryder Rice...

Missoula223 said:
wbtfg said:
Grad school is a totally different ball game compared to undergrad. Lots of questions arise when I see something like this.

Which program did he apply? Does that program limit their numbers? How do they determine admission? What are the prerequisites? How does his application stack up against others who were accepted/denied? Is he entitled to admission to um grad school? Was he denied for being a football player? Was there a breakdown in communication between player/coaches/grad school?

What does he do now?

Educational Leadership. Same as BYU kid. They do, but he was informed beforehand that this upcoming term was not close to being full.

Not going to take the time to try and get answers to all your other questions I apologize, but the basis of their reasoning was that his future goals did not meet the goals of the program. Basically because he wanted to deal with business in his future meant that this program would dictate that he could have no further involvement with the school system is how I took it.

I get there could be more questions to be answered, but the baseline of a good, Montana kid, with a high GPA should get into a program where there are virtually no requirements. Unreal.

If that is the case that is ridiculous. Education component can happen for this guy in the business world. Educational leadership is a pretty broad program I thought. I don’t know if I was Ryder and Hauck I’d be trying to talk to someone over the person that made this decision. It doesn’t make sense. Well it’s not technically too late to try another grad program since he wants to be a Griz. I thought I read he was already in Missoula working out on his own and was figuring it was a done deal. Puts Ryder in a tough position.

dayday said:
Missoula223 said:
wbtfg said:
Grad school is a totally different ball game compared to undergrad. Lots of questions arise when I see something like this.

Which program did he apply? Does that program limit their numbers? How do they determine admission? What are the prerequisites? How does his application stack up against others who were accepted/denied? Is he entitled to admission to um grad school? Was he denied for being a football player? Was there a breakdown in communication between player/coaches/grad school?

What does he do now?

Educational Leadership. Same as BYU kid. They do, but he was informed beforehand that this upcoming term was not close to being full.

Not going to take the time to try and get answers to all your other questions I apologize, but the basis of their reasoning was that his future goals did not meet the goals of the program. Basically because he wanted to deal with business in his future meant that this program would dictate that he could have no further involvement with the school system is how I took it.

I get there could be more questions to be answered, but the baseline of a good, Montana kid, with a high GPA should get into a program where there are virtually no requirements. Unreal.

If that is the case that is ridiculous. Education component can happen for this guy in the business world. Educational leadership is a pretty broad program I thought. I don’t know if I was Ryder and Hauck I’d be trying to talk to someone over the person that made this decision. It doesn’t make sense. Well it’s not technically too late to try another grad program since he wants to be a Griz. I thought I read he was already in Missoula working out on his own and was figuring it was a done deal. Puts Ryder in a tough position.

Looking at the program online, it appears as though the main function/mission of the Master’s in Ed Leadership is preparing future K-12 principals.

Knowing this, if I’m on the admission committee, I’m looking for an applicant’s commitment to becoming an outstanding K-12 principal. If that wasn’t addressed (maybe talks about working in a corporate structure or owning a business), then I’m under the assumption this applicant is uninformed about the mission/focus of this program and that it won’t meet their professional goals.

If this is true, whoever started this mess should be band. Two pages of this bluster... Oh, wait. It’s egriz. Carry on. :lol:

has to be more to it.....all of us know that a 3.4 gpa, varsity athlete, Montana kid.....qualifies....plus the head of the department can do pretty much anything they want regarding admittance.....waive a class requirement etc....

bgbigdog said:
If this is true, whoever started this mess should be band. Two pages of this bluster... Oh, wait. It’s egriz. Carry on. :lol:

Damn straight should be band. Send the trickster to the the marching band!! Damn trolls starting these kind of ridiculous rumors. Spreading hate and discontent. Hilarious, yet preposterous.

He is in everyone. It will be finalized soon. Got accepted into a different grad program. All good. Happy for him!

wbtfg said:
dayday said:
Missoula223 said:
wbtfg said:

What does he do now?

Looking at the program online, it appears as though the main function/mission of the Master’s in Ed Leadership is preparing future K-12 principals.

Knowing this, if I’m on the admission committee, I’m looking for an applicant’s commitment to becoming an outstanding K-12 principal. If that wasn’t addressed (maybe talks about working in a corporate structure or owning a business), then I’m under the assumption this applicant is uninformed about the mission/focus of this program and that it won’t meet their professional goals.

As a teacher trying to teach kids and still follow the instructions of this group; tactical nuke would be supported 100%.

Whether or not he helps the team in the end. I am happy for him to get his chance and can further his studies.

HookedonGriz said:
tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:
He is in everyone. It will be finalized soon. Got accepted into a different grad program. All good. Happy for him!

So, he's on board as a Griz?

Yep, all good.
What’s the word on Raeshawn Roland, Marcus Hee, Caine Fitisuia-Fung, Jace Dewalt none of these guys have been announced yet.

I wonder how many football grad transfers have not been accepted? These 2 are the first I have ever heard of. Do they not per-clear these types of transfers? Doesn’t UM have some lower level grad programs?

I don’t know the facts, but it seems like total BS that Ryder, a Montana kid, wouldn’t be accepted. I was excited to see how he would compete. Edit: good to see some grad school dean welcome him.

grizfan1984 said:
HookedonGriz said:
tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yep, all good.
What’s the word on Raeshawn Roland, Marcus Hee, Caine Fitisuia-Fung, Jace Dewalt none of these guys have been announced yet.

Good questions. All still pretty active on social media repping commitments to UM.

grizfan1984 said:
HookedonGriz said:
tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yep, all good.

I believe bc they are preferred walk ons who will join fall camp. There are certain roster limits in spring vs fall so probably can’t make them official until certain time frame.

AllWeatherFan said:
So, are we supposed to be outraged or not? Sometimes it’s hard to keep up.

I am a little bit still. I heard it was a struggle to get him in when it should have been a no brainer. We also lost the basketball kid because of that program.

He hasn’t been able to workout with the team this summer and applied back in May because the Ed. Leadership took its sweet time with his application just to deny it. There’s no way that’s not frustrating for that kid.

Happy he’s in though. I think he will do some good things for us.

MTGRZ said:
Somebody in the grad school or the department he is applying to either REALLY doesn't like Griz football and are trying to send a message, or there was some other factor not known to the public at this time. Hope it ends well for the student and the University.

Missoula223 said:
I heard it was a struggle to get him in when it should have been a no brainer. We also lost the basketball kid because of that program.

He hasn’t been able to workout with the team this summer and applied back in May because the Ed. Leadership took its sweet time with his application just to deny it. There’s no way that’s not frustrating for that kid.

Bodnar needs to roll heads in the Ed. Leadership program.

Back