• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRAD Transfer: G- Jahshire Hardnett (BYU)

Either he didn’t like something or TD didn’t like something. Either way I hope it’s for the best of all involved. Strange.

I assume he was in Missoula for a bit, and realized that he wasn't going to start. If so, good news for the UM guard position. I have zero inside info.

PlayerRep said:
I assume he was in Missoula for a bit, and realized that he wasn't going to start. If so, good news for the UM guard position. I have zero inside info.

Probably a good guess as I thought he had recently shown up to Missoula.

dayday said:
PlayerRep said:

Probably a good guess as I thought he had recently shown up to Missoula.

I had considered this possibility as well, since the turnabout was so abrupt (and that he had signed a LOI). I also checked in at the NCAA transfer portal and was surprised to see a large number of as-yet un-committed players still "shopping?" for a new place to play.

'68griz said:
blackfootipa said:
Unfortunately his academics didn't qualify for admission to Grad School. No Grad School, no b-ball.

Huh! How could he not have known that?

My guess is that you wouldn't know what qualifies or doesn't qualify until you apply and depending on when the application is??? I really have no clue. Just confabulating here.

'68griz said:
blackfootipa said:
Unfortunately his academics didn't qualify for admission to Grad School. No Grad School, no b-ball.

I imagine he knew it, as well as Travis that his admittance to the University and scholarship was provisional based upon full evaluation of his transcripts and test scores. He was eligible to move as a graduate transfer, because he would have a conferred degree from BYU, and that was enough for him to be admitted provisionally. The UM would have and could have admitted him as a post-bac student and would not have needed to be admitted into a graduate school but the NCAA I do believe requires admittance into a graduate level program for transfers. My guess is that it was a grad school hangup, such as a test score or something like that, that led this. This is based upon my experience and is all a gigantic assumption.

Grizfan-24 said:
'68griz said:
blackfootipa said:

I imagine he knew it, as well as Travis that his admittance to the University and scholarship was provisional based upon full evaluation of his transcripts and test scores. He was eligible to move as a graduate transfer, because he would have a conferred degree from BYU, and that was enough for him to be admitted provisionally. The UM would have and could have admitted him as a post-bac student and would not have needed to be admitted into a graduate school but the NCAA I do believe requires admittance into a graduate level program for transfers. My guess is that it was a grad school hangup, such as a test score or something like that, that led this. This is based upon my experience and is all a gigantic assumption.

Good insight - thank you!

My question is this: He waited six weeks to find out that he was NOT accepted. Why does it take that long to give a kid an answer?

Here's the story of Jahshire Hardnett's decision to move on by Missoulian sports writer Kyle Hansen. He was pretty upfront about his decision to consider other options.

[media]https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1149134980301426691[/media]

Man kind of a bummer. All on timing too and waiting for an answer. I guess I’m wondering why he even tried a program that required a 3.0 when he has a 2.65. Seemed like a wasted of time even trying that.

HookedonGriz said:
Man kind of a bummer. All on timing too and waiting for an answer. I guess I’m wondering why he even tried a program that required a 3.0 when he has a 2.65. Seemed like a wasted of time even trying that.

Hello EWU

mtgrizrule said:
HookedonGriz said:

Hello EWU

Took the words right out of my mouth.

HookedonGriz said:

And where were the UM Academic/Athletic advisers during this cluster F#*K?

Griz til I die said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/jahshirehardnet/status/1148747418026094592?s=21

What a weird summer for the basketball team..
I thought he seemed squirrely any way

This might translate to "After playing some summer pick up ball against Josh Vazquez and Kyle Owens, I decided I better get the hell out of town if I want to see the floor during my grad-transfer year"

Back