• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trevyn Smith, former Weber State RB passes away

BWahlberg

DONOR
Saw this tweet today:

https://twitter.com/weberstatefb/status/1147626360212299776

Not sure the cause. He was a good running back, and on the only Big Sky team to beat the Griz in conference play between 06-09. Not sure the cause, I recall his playing days were mired with some alcohol related issues. I believe I saw he was 32, and leaves behind a wife and 4 kids. Sad news.

Well, that sucks. Hate to hear about the family left behind. Can’t even imagine. RIP.

One of my favorites to watch in the Big Sky.

Looks like he may have been arrested just a week ago on the 1st, assuming he is 32 year old Trevyn Reed Smith in SLC.

This is too bad! He was a tough football player. I couldn't find anything from the past week as noted by Catz, but it does appear Trevyn was recently arrested on 3/28/19 for several drug-related offenses:

https://www.policearrests.com/arrests/trevyn_reed_smith_id_48651252.html

go96griz said:
This is too bad! He was a tough football player. I couldn't find anything from the past week as noted by Catz, but it does appear Trevyn was recently arrested on 3/28/19 for several drug-related offenses:

Not a lot of details in there but it would sure be a crying shame if the "drugs" he got in trouble for there were just cannabis charges.

Sad news indeed. Much too young. Being married and having several kids makes it even more tragic. Thoughts to his family.

Trevyn exceeded all expectations as a football player. Had an outstanding High School career but wasn't highly recruited due mainly to his size. Once at Weber he became the best RB in school history and one of the best in conference history. His 2008 season was one of the best is conference history and it could be argued that he should have won the Payton award that season. That 2008 team under Coach McBride renewed my love of Weber St football and was a really fun team to follow with the crazy offensive numbers they put up. That season ended in Missoula with a loss to the Griz in the 2nd Round of the playoffs.

SWeberCat02 said:
Sad news indeed. Much too young. Being married and having several kids makes it even more tragic. Thoughts to his family.

Trevyn exceeded all expectations as a football player. Had an outstanding High School career but wasn't highly recruited due mainly to his size. Once at Weber he became the best RB in school history and one of the best in conference history. His 2008 season was one of the best is conference history and it could be argued that he should have won the Payton award that season. That 2008 team under Coach McBride renewed my love of Weber St football and was a really fun team to follow with the crazy offensive numbers they put up. That season ended in Missoula with a loss to the Griz in the 2nd Round of the playoffs.

Nice summary. Thanks. What happened?

Sad indeed! Prayers go out to his family and all who knew him. It amazes me that he played a decade ago!

go96griz said:

https://www.policearrests.com/names/trevyn/smith/ it's the first record when you scroll down a bit.

Gaeilge1 said:
Sad indeed! Prayers go out to his family and all who knew him. It amazes me that he played a decade ago!
TS carved up a very good UM team as a junior in Oct. 2008 on a rainy day in Ogden, embarrassing a team that would later knock off undefeated #1 JMU in their house to advance to the NC game. Sophomore Chase Reynolds returned the favor in Missoula in December and then again in 2009, amassing 427 yards rushing in those two games. It seemed TS played at Weber for 10 years; he was a man among boys.

kemajic said:
Gaeilge1 said:
TS carved up a very good UM team as a junior in Oct. 2008 on a rainy day in Provo, embarrassing a team that would later knock off undefeated #1 JMU in their house to advance to the NC game. Sophomore Chase Reynolds returned the favor in Missoula in December and then again in 2009, amassing 427 yards rushing in those two games. It seemed TS played at Weber for 10 years; he was a man among boys.
FWIW, Ogden, not Provo. And, yes, I was there on that miserable day ... with no coffee to be had in the stadium.

'68griz said:
kemajic said:
Gaeilge1 said:
TS carved up a very good UM team as a junior in Oct. 2008 on a rainy day in Provo, embarrassing a team that would later knock off undefeated #1 JMU in their house to advance to the NC game. Sophomore Chase Reynolds returned the favor in Missoula in December and then again in 2009, amassing 427 yards rushing in those two games. It seemed TS played at Weber for 10 years; he was a man among boys.
FWIW, Ogden, not Provo. And, yes, I was there on that miserable day ... with no coffee to be had in the stadium.

And there it is. :lol:

Back