• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shocker

AKA, how to publicly f*ck up your life, and further tarnish MSUs reputation, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING! Note the last three words. :lol: And it it was accomplished in less than two years. Who knows what he could have accomplished if he had tried. A truly self made man. :roll:

tourist said:
AKA, how to publicly f*ck up your life, and further tarnish MSUs reputation, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING! Note the last three words. :lol: And it it was accomplished in less than two years. Who knows what he could have accomplished if he had tried. A truly self made man. :roll:

I hope you never have a son that struggles with some things as a teenager.

poorgriz said:
tourist said:

If Murray honestly tried, but truly couldn't pass his GE classes given all of the help he reportedly received, I agree that it would be bad form to ridicule him for it. That would be a sign of something that he's probably not going to grow out of. I wish him the best.

It’s @ this point where I feel it necessary to interject that it’s 73 days until the season opener. My all-time favorite Griz having worn 73 was Thatcher Szalay, who recently turned 40. So by Mike Gundy’s math, he’s now a man. & since I haven’t seen a recent photo, I can’t report on whether or not he wears his hair in a mullet, like Mike Gundy. In other news, no word on whether Mike regrets letting Bob get away. But let’s assume so for the absurd nature of this post. Back to my margarita.

Ps. Good luck Chris Murray.

poorgriz said:
tourist said:

I gotta agree with poorgriz here. My son struggled similarly all through HS and at 25 is just NOW getting ready to graduate college. He was in no way, shape or form ready for college out of HS. Perhaps Chris Murray will find himself and find another opportunity. I honestly feel for the kid.

Oh, and if there were a Griz player in a similar situation, I’d hate to see ‘scat fans on here posting stuff like this, Tourist. You’re better than that.

This is as much a problem created by CM and MSU. CM didn't produce academically, and MSU milked their athlete as long as they could. With all the extra help he reportedly received, as posted on this site, there was no excuse on his part. He admitted it was his own fault. MSU, on the other hand, is damned for poor recruiting and follow up. Blame Fields and Ash for the recruiting, but apparent lack of follow up? Choach and Costello need to take a bite on this one.
AZ, coming out of high school, I was also ill prepared/motivated for college. Had to bust my ass just to get a low 'C' before dropping out and going to work. Staying in the working world mean money, independence, the draft and Vietnam. I remember listening to the draft lottery drawing and getting a low number, then thinking about a HS friend who had recently come back in a box. When I went back, to keep my student deferrment, I changed majors four times is four quarters. Unprepared, definitely.
This is a collaborative effort in failure by CM and MSU.

tourist said:
This is as much a problem created by CM and MSU. CM didn't produce academically, and MSU milked their athlete as long as they could. With all the extra help he reportedly received, as posted on this site, there was no excuse on his part. He admitted it was his own fault. MSU, on the other hand, is damned for poor recruiting and follow up. Blame Fields and Ash for the recruiting, but apparent lack of follow up? Choach and Costello need to take a bite on this one.
AZ, coming out of high school, I was also ill prepared/motivated for college. Had to bust my ass just to get a low 'C' before dropping out and going to work. Staying in the working world mean money, independence, the draft and Vietnam. I remember listening to the draft lottery drawing and getting a low number, then thinking about a HS friend who had recently come back in a box. When I went back, to keep my student deferrment, I changed majors four times is four quarters. Unprepared, definitely.

Well then you of all people should understand the issue.

tourist said:

Sad that a grown ass man would actually type this stuff. I guess some people just take pleasure in the failure of others.

If I could reach out to Chris I would strongly recommend learning a trade. I have many friends that struggled academically but excelled in developing a skillset. Most of these friends make significantly more than I do. Hope the best as I have heard good things about him as a person, even if he was a poor student.

A wedgie for scat fans! That was easy. News Flash! This is eGriz, not BobscatNation. Ya don't like what you read here, go back to BN where groupthink and groupspeak are the norm. This thread was only made possible by a certain someone unmotivated to go to class, or study, and make academic progress, like the thousands of others at MSU do on a daily basis. By all accounts, he got lots of extra help to get his grades up, change majors, or whatever, to avoid flunking out. Go tell it to the kettle. To his credit, he manned up and took responsibility for his failure. Tissue? :cry:

AZGrizFan said:
tourist said:

Well then you of all people should understand the issue.

He is just a douche that gets off on others struggles.

Back