• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Uh..... yes. I promise we'll have better QB play in 2019 than what we've had in a few years. Better completion percentage and more passing yards or I'll never post here again. Feel free to book mark this and remind me if something crazy happens. That reminds me I never went back and called out posters that lost posting rights bets on here the last couple years but that's OK.
So no actual reason or evidence for your unbridled confidence, other than “it can’t get any worse”?

Yes, correct. Out passing game has been terrible the past few years. In fact it's amazing we've continued to improve as much as we have as a team overall. I watched the scrimmages and some practices in the Spring and watched the QBs closely. Again, I guarantee we'll be better, probably significantly better.

Yeah, your pass game will be better, but your run game will be worse.
Why? Why do you guys keep saying this crap? I agree the run game will suffer, but why is it a given the pass game will improve? PoorC.A.T.S. already confirmed there is no actual, objective evidence that the passing game will improve—just his hunch because it can’t get worse.
So they are replacing all conf level QBs (who fit this O) with essentially an unproven, first-time starter (who can’t run) in a O where a running QB is one of the main options. And you think this will be better? I guess I could see it if Roshambowvig was some kind of deadly assasin, but I doubt that’s the case. He was picked following a game of rock-paper-scissors! Maybe I’m just “wish casting.” And even if it improves, it will be difficult to prove it was not a function of the easier schedule.

I think it’s unsupported and unsupportable crazy-talk that the passing will improve, let alone be an obvious given. I think the opposite is obvious—guy is going to get killed

poorgriz said:
I watched the scrimmages and some practices in the Spring and watched the QBs closely. Again, I guarantee we'll be better, probably significantly better.
Finally we’re getting somewhere! Let’s drill down on this a bit to see if we can uncover some real evidence to support your hysterical optimism, because we know Row-sham-bowvig can’t run, or beat out a LB for the position.

So he must have superior arm talent to Oceans’ and the LB’er’s? Like Row has high velocity on the hard throws (zip on the deep out?) and doesn’t have a tendency to leave floaters?

And he probably has his timing and “chemistry” down pat with his WRs already, right?

I’ll bet Choach is so confident in his recruit that he didn’t even try to bring in multiple transfers during the off-season?

I tend to agree.....TA will be back under center by game 4. Hard to watch a generational in state player dicked around for his first three years. Any guess where he’ll play as a senior or just a continuation the same? Wonder how much this will affect his NFL aspirations?

PlayerRep said:
I hope the Cats figure out qb, but my guess is that Anderson will be back at qb as the season progresses.
This is exactly right, there season may be over if it takes them to long to figure this out. I also think they could land a transfer before fall but if they go with Rovig or Bauman they are in for a 5 or 6 win season.

Dutch Lane said:
I tend to agree.....TA will be back under center by game 4. Hard to watch a generational in state player dicked around for his first three years. Any guess where he’ll play as a senior or just a continuation the same? Wonder how much this will affect his NFL aspirations?

He should have come to the Griz. Stitt should have offered him a schollie. I am told he would have come. He would have played running back or defense. No qb.

PlayerRep said:
Dutch Lane said:

He should have come to the Griz. Stitt should have offered him a schollie. I am told he would have come. He would have played running back or defense. No qb.
Or rode the bench for two years like Olson under Stitt/Semore….

PlayerRep said:
Dutch Lane said:

Uh, no. There’s no way he would have ever come to the Griz. Even if we would’ve tried harder. His sister was on the cats track & field team at the time (I don’t know if she still is), and he’s an engineering major. Those were 2 things the Griz couldn’t offer him. Plus he played QB in high school, while he may not prefer to play it in college, it’s not like he never had any experience at it going into college.

PlayerRep said:
I hope the Cats figure out qb, but my guess is that Anderson will be back at qb as the season progresses.
Ok..no troll this time.

Andersen will take direct snaps in every game he is healthy all season long, but the Cats need to add a down field throwing threat in every game too. Andersen will see between 8 and 15 direct snaps operating the same handful of plays we saw from Miller in the 2nd half of the season. Andersen sets up paticularly well against a few of the defenses the Cats will see, and he'll get as many as 20 direct snaps.

It's actually a similar story on Defense. He is not a guy that the coaches are going to beat up by grinding all game, and he will see a fairly specific number of plays a game based on the weekly scheme. He sets up well against some offenses and will see more snaps in those games, and he will always be part of the rush/blitz packages in every game.

He will not be an every down player anymore on either side of the LOS.

Lastly there was very little chance of him becoming a griz. There was a small chance leading up to signing day the Cats could have lost him the BSU or the PAC. The griz were definitely behind a great number schools in the competition regardless if Stitt offered.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ok..no troll this time.

Andersen will take direct snaps in every game he is healthy all season long, but the Cats need to add a down field throwing threat in every game too. Andersen will see between 8 and 15 direct snaps operating the same handful of plays we saw from Miller in the 2nd half of the season. Andersen sets up paticularly well against a few of the defenses the Cats will see, and he'll get as many as 20 direct snaps.

It's actually a similar story on Defense. He is not a guy that the coaches are going to beat up by grinding all game, and he will see a fairly specific number of plays a game based on the weekly scheme. He sets up well against some offenses and will see more snaps in those games, and he will always be part of the rush/blitz packages in every game.

Lastly there was very little chance of him becoming a griz. There was a small chance leading up to signing day the Cats could have lost him the BSU or the PAC. The griz were definitely behind a great number schools in the competition regardless if Stitt offered.

The best thing to do with a player of his talent is to limit his plays on both sides of the ball. Who gives a fuck if he ever gets recognized at a position he might be able to play at the next level? It ain’t the MSU Anderson’s; it’s the MSU Choaches.

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ok..no troll this time.

The best thing to do with a player of his talent is to limit his plays on both sides of the ball. Who gives a f*** if he ever gets recognized at a position he might be able to play at the next level? It ain’t the MSU Anderson’s; it’s the MSU Choaches.
Call it the Buss/Moeakaloa prevention plan. He'll get his shot at the next level regardless, and there's a trend where the value can actually increase if the scouts believe a kid came out of college less banged up.

ABQCat said:
Call it the Buss/Moeakaloa prevention plan. He'll get his shot at the next level regardless, and there's a trend where the value can actually increase if the scouts believe a kid came out of college less banged up.
Kid seems pretty immune to getting banged up.

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ok..no troll this time.

The best thing to do with a player of his talent is to limit his plays on both sides of the ball. Who gives a f*** if he ever gets recognized at a position he might be able to play at the next level? It ain’t the MSU Anderson’s; it’s the MSU Choaches.

Should be interesting to see if the trend applies to BSC QBs who want to play LB in the pros.

garizzalies said:
getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
So no actual reason or evidence for your unbridled confidence, other than “it can’t get any worse”?

Yes, correct. Out passing game has been terrible the past few years. In fact it's amazing we've continued to improve as much as we have as a team overall. I watched the scrimmages and some practices in the Spring and watched the QBs closely. Again, I guarantee we'll be better, probably significantly better.

Why? Why do you guys keep saying this crap? I agree the run game will suffer, but why is it a given the pass game will improve? PoorC.A.T.S. already confirmed there is no actual, objective evidence that the passing game will improve—just his hunch because it can’t get worse.
So they are replacing all conf level QBs (who fit this O) with essentially an unproven, first-time starter (who can’t run) in a O where a running QB is one of the main options. And you think this will be better? I guess I could see it if Roshambowvig was some kind of deadly assasin, but I doubt that’s the case. He was picked following a game of rock-paper-scissors! Maybe I’m just “wish casting.” And even if it improves, it will be difficult to prove it was not a function of the easier schedule.

I think it’s unsupported and unsupportable crazy-talk that the passing will improve, let alone be an obvious given. I think the opposite is obvious—guy is going to get killed

Yes, you're so secure that you need to chastise other Griz fans who don't have the same assumption. That just reeks of confidence.

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ok..no troll this time.

I understand that it's frustrating that your team has never beaten Choate. But I have some advice. If you don't want it to be so easy to see that you're totally shook by him and his Cats, then maybe dispense with the constant meaningless criticisms. They make it really obvious that he's living rent free in your head.

Related-- it's hilarious to me that so many UM fans talk about Choate, who has beaten their Grizzlies three straight times, like he can't tie his shoes. If he's as terrible as ya'll say he is, then you have the most pathetic football team in the FCS.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ok..no troll this time.

I understand that it's frustrating that your team has never beaten Choate. But I have some advice. If you don't want it to be so easy to see that you're totally shook by him and his Cats, then maybe dispense with the constant meaningless criticisms. They make it really obvious that he's living rent free in your head.

Related-- it's hilarious to me that so many UM fans talk about Choate, who has beaten their Grizzlies three straight times, like he can't tie his shoes. If he's as terrible as ya'll say he is, then you have the most pathetic football team in the FCS.

Uh, I’ve said repeatedly that Choach is a genius. He’s got it made. My advice: Keep up.

RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:
getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:

Yes, you're so secure that you need to chastise other Griz fans who don't have the same assumption. That just reeks of confidence.
You think Gwen is a Griz fan?
Confidence? WTF are you talking about?
Wow. I knew you cat people on here were dumb as shit, sometimes on purpose, but I didn’t realize you guys could be so overtly stupid by accident.
Instead of wish casting, how about addressing the question: what objective evidence is there that the passing game will improve?

Back